Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHow to build a balanced deck EmptyHow to build a balanced deck

more_horiz
Hey its me again with a new article this time im going to talk about how to build a balanced deck so that all of you reading this can make some good and strong decks so u can have more fun dueling

First of all you need to pick a theme of a deck you want a theme is what do you want ur deck based around you could just throw around some random cards and call it a deck but i dont think it will work that way pick a theme that you like cause if you use a deck you dont like you will not be able to win even if it was very strong for this article ill be using the theme Hopless Dragons or in the Japanese way Dragon of Despair(i prefer jap name xD)

Now after you selected your theme you need to think how the deck works i bet youve dueled some decks like it just remmeber how it worked then make a simliar deck then add your changes the theme im using focus and special summoning dragons from grave or RFG and using by using the effect of Red-eyes darkness metal dragon and D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation and a lot of dark support monsters with a big draw power using allure of darkness and Trade in

after your done with the theme and nowing how the deck works you should begin making your deck i ussualy prefer starting out with monsters and always make my deck 40 - 42 max so i can draw the cards i need
ok lets start with the monsters now as i said the deck is based around the monste Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon so we need to add 2 of him and since we need some strong dragon monsters we will add 2 dark horus wich can be eaisly summoned by Red-eyes darkness metal dragons effect and can be used with trade in and allure of darkness we need some dark monsters to work with the deck so we are going to add 3 "AXE DRAGONUTE" dark works with allure and can special summon Red-eyes darkness metal dragon since its a dark deck and all monsters are dark we add the one and only Dark Armed dragon and dark creator.....etc

since my article isnt about hopless dragon lets go back to main place you should make your monster 17-20 in my opinoin it helps you not run out of monsters and if you get stuck and dont know what monsters to add you should throw in some stable staples are cards that fit in mostly every deck like Cyber dragon breaker the magical warrior if u have some 1500 or lower monster sangan can work ...etc
here is how the Hopless dragons monster looks like
18 Monsters like this
2xRed-eyes darkness metal dragon
2xDark Horus
3xAXE DRAGONUTE
1xDAD
1xDark creator
2xArmageddon Knight(for dumping monsters)
2xVan'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord(dark LV 8 allure and trade in food plus nice effect)
2xDark grepher(dumping monsters)
2xPhantom of Choas(remove monster from play and use Red-eyes darkness metal dragon effect)
1xCyber dragon(stable)
1xBreaker the magical warrior(allure food and S/T removal)

Now for the spell line up there are a lot of helpful spell cards and everyone wants them all in his deck but you cant have them all so you should have the spells help out your deck
and like before if you run out of ideas you can put in staples that wont hurt your deck and will help out like fissure,smashing ground ,sword of reavling light....etc
now what can help out your deck if your making a deck i always start of thinking of 2 things draw power wich gives me advantige over my opponent and S/T removal caus i hate the face down cards xD after that i use some quick play or monster removal cards shrink,book of moon,fissure...etc
heres is what i added for my example deck
15 Spells
1xHeavy storm(S/T removal)
1xMystical Space Typhoon(S/T removal)
2xAllure of darkness(draw power plus very good in this deck)
2xTrade-in(draw power and i got a lot of LV 8 monsters)
1xReinforcments of the army(to bad its limited but it helps search out my dumpers)
2xFoolish burial(dumping monsters)
2xD.D.R - Different Dimension Reincarnation
monster reborn(staple and helps out in this deck)
1xlightning vortex(staple and i love it xD)
2xArms hole(Deck thiner and D.D.R - Different Dimension Reincarnation searcher)
Now the Total of the deck is 33 cards in the deck

Now For traps traps are really good and very strong every one likes trap right?
now for Traps add some Monster removal and attack stoppers thats what i ussualy do Bottemless Trap hole,SAKURETSU ARMOR,Pheonix wing wind blast......etc there are a lot and dont forget to add staples if you dont have any traps that go with the deck add Mirror force and torential tribute in my deck if i dont know what traps too add i use Mirror force and torrential tribute along with royal decree cause i dont have any traps and it will lock my opponent down if he has a lot of traps so here is the line up of traps for my deck
7 Traps
3xSolemn judgement(Best counter trap plus can use Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord effect see dont forget what you added to your deck so can support them)
1xMirror force
1xTorrential Tribute
2xBottemless Trap hole (so if u get a bad hand can protect you)

so here is how the deck looks like
2xRed-eyes darkness metal dragon
2xDark Horus
3xAXE DRAGONUTE
1xDAD
1xDark creator
2xArmageddon Knight
2xVan'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord
2xDark grepher
2xPhantom of Choas
1xCyber dragon
1xBreaker the magical warrior

xHeavy storm1xMystical Space Typhoon
2xAllure of darkness
2xTrade-in
1xReinforcments of the army
2xFoolish burial
2xD.D.R - Different Dimension Reincarnation
monster reborn
1xlightning vortex
2xArms hole

3xSolemn judgement
1xMirror force
1xTorrential Tribute
2xBottemless Trap hole)
so after your done with the deck test it out a few times see what card didnt help and replace it whith a card you think can help out more and add your touch to your deck let it be different so they wont excpect that card is in your deck that will help

Now get your pencils and write down a summary xD
1.Pick a theme that you want and like so you can build a deck
2.Start with remmembering how the deck works if you dueled it before if you didnt ask someone who did(its not wrong getting help from anyone)
3.start off with monsters make them between 17-20 in most normal deck some decks need more
then go with spell and trap line up you can add 3 of each card then cut out untill you have 40
4.Add staples
4.Add your own touch to the deck
5.Make the deck between 40-42 cards to get good draws and the cards you need to win
6.Test your deck a Few times to see how it works
7.After testing the deck adjust it to make it work better
8.Have fun dueling with your new deck

so Here it is hope you guys like it and find it helpful ok see you guys next time till then
Hope i helped out with the

descriptionHow to build a balanced deck EmptyRe: How to build a balanced deck

more_horiz
How many times shall we say these articles aren't for YOU to comment ?!
It's for Jin to choose who enters the Article team and who doesn't.
Thread Locked till Jin replies and thanks for applying Darkness Evil

more_horiz
8/10.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum