Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDon't be a bully, Be a star. EmptyDon't be a bully, Be a star.

more_horiz
I don't care if you like WWE or not, but one good thing defiantly came from them, the be a star foundation, an anti-bullying foundation.

be a STAR is an anti-bullying alliance co-founded by The Creative Coalition and WWE. Its mission is to ensure a positive and equitable social environment for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation through grassroots efforts beginning with education and awareness. If you're a student, teacher or parent, we have the resources and tools to help you put an end to bullying in your school and community.

They have a website that can help you.

http://www.beastaralliance.org/

Basically I'm not going to shove this in your face and say join, but this foundation is very important for me, I'm as pationate with anti-bullying as staxx is with breast cancer awarness month. Bullying is a horrible thing, whoever bullies someone deserves to burn in hell. You all probably know of Amanda Todd by now, she's one example of millions of cases of suicides over bullying. This needs to stop one day, I want to be a part of that and will be very thankful if you would join me. Sorry this is so brief but i don't want to let my emotions overwhelm me, that will be very bad.

Thanks.

Userbar for supporters:
Don't be a bully, Be a star. BAstar_zps895c8d01

remember. Don't be a bully. Be a star.

descriptionDon't be a bully, Be a star. EmptyRe: Don't be a bully, Be a star.

more_horiz
Supporting this definitely. Thanks Bakura.

more_horiz
bakura normal wrote:
This needs to stop one day

^Today.
That's the only thing I would change about that post...

more_horiz
Well it would be impossible to stop it all today. It will always be around since kids these days are F***ing retarded like that. But we can stop it and punish those who do it.

more_horiz
i think the BA star foundation or whatever its called should have picked a different partner because WWE is a very hypocritical partner for that foundation. its honestly just a political thing with alot of backstage dealings and drama. which is too bad really, because if it wasnt for all the wrong reasons they could be doing alot more good then they are doing. its exactly the same with there new contract with the susan G. komen for the cure foundation. in the end its all about backstage politics and not actually for what they say it is.

more_horiz
Gary, I'm a proud participant in a lot of Be A Star events, what they do is actually working for the kids who are bullied, the actual bullies and the carers, Be a star is doing exactly what they say they're doing and WWE is actually helping a whole lot. I've actually met 2 superstars, even though I'm not a big fan and god they do a lot of work, I mean I work hard for this but they're something else. Randy Orton is a really cool guy who takes this thing more serious than even I do, WWE is a great partner because they have millions of fans and their superstars are really great guys in real life.

more_horiz
bakura normal wrote:
Gary, I'm a proud participant in a lot of Be A Star events, what they do is actually working for the kids who are bullied, the actual bullies and the carers, Be a star is doing exactly what they say they're doing and WWE is actually helping a whole lot. I've actually met 2 superstars, even though I'm not a big fan and god they do a lot of work, I mean I work hard for this but they're something else. Randy Orton is a really cool guy who takes this thing more serious than even I do, WWE is a great partner because they have millions of fans and their superstars are really great guys in real life.

i understand that it actually is doing good. but if it wasnt around mainly for backroom politics and actually was 100% about helping kids and stopping bullying it would be great. but its not. they could be doing so much more...

more_horiz
I read the web adress as Beast ar. Makes it sound more like some immense pirate or something.

But seriously, while this is all good and I am completely in support of stopping bullying, we do not want the site bombarded by any more of these threads. IMO, it's better to actually stand up to bullies with the help of these organizations than post on a site in which all people are going to agree with you. We are a nice sort of group here, save for a couple of trolls, whereas IRL communities are considerably worse.

Oh, and my signature makes it inappropriate for me to comment on these threads.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply