Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDueling fix daily    ISN # 2  EmptyDueling fix daily ISN # 2

more_horiz
3 Block Golem
2 Giant Rat
3 Koa'ki Meiru Guardian
3 Koa'ki Meiru Sandman
3 Koa'ki Meiru Wall
3 Naturia Cherries
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 T.G. Striker
2 The Earth - Hex-Sealed Fusion

1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
2 Instant Fusion
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Call of the Haunted
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute

extra
2 Fairy King Albverdich
1 Flower Wolf
1 Fusionist
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Kachi Kochi Dragon
1 Karbonala Warrior
1 Naturia Barkion
2 Naturia Beast
2 Naturia Exterio
1 Naturia Landoise
1 Soul of Silvermountain
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn

descriptionDueling fix daily    ISN # 2  EmptyRe: Dueling fix daily ISN # 2

more_horiz
Whenever you combine two different deck themes, you have to be doing it for a reason. Koa'ki Meiru Rock-types with Naturia Exterio both have a heavy control theme; The Earth - Hex-Sealed Fusion can serve as a Koa'ki Meiru reveal; and everything's Earth, so Tek's maximized his ability to make his Naturia Synchro Summons.

both themes are also tied together by Call Of The Haunted. When you play a Koa'ki Meiru Rock Stun deck, you begin the game in a tricky situation: you can only Normal Summon one monster a turn, but each of your Koa'ki Meirus negate different things. When you Summon that first Koa'ki Meiru, you either have to Gamble when you decide which one to Summon, or you just have to play whichever one you happened to draw and hope for the best. As the game wears on and your graveyard fills up with Koa'ki Meiru Guardian, Koa'ki Meiru Wall, and Koa'ki Meiru Sandman, that's when business picks up. Once your graveyard is loaded you start reverse-toolboxing for the right negation monster at the right time, using Block Golem, Monster Reborn, and Call Of The Haunted to get what you need. The deck starts off slow, but gets stronger over time.

What I love about this deck is that the same recursion cards bolstering your Koa'ki Meiru control strategy, also help you make your Synchro Summon plays and your Hex-Sealed Fusion combos. Getting out a Naturia Beast or Naturia Barkion with Hex-Sealed Fusion all at once is tricky, but if you build up to it over a couple turns and then use Special Summon effects to put everything together it's far more approachable. Too often, combo decks like this one are easily shut down by simple cards like Solemn Warning. But the use of Block Golem - and especially Call Of The Haunted - makes this deck more resilient. To me that's the tie that binds this strategy together; that's what makes it so smart.

more_horiz
Depending on your dueling we can simplify the deck ... I think we can make this strategy more consistent. dueling with this i had concerns about dealing with his Macro Cosmos and Gravekeeper match-ups: those are probably challenges that should be overcome with the side deck, and not so much Main Deck issues (those match-ups are pretty rare). also that i felt the strategy was predictable, which is one of the big downfalls of more conventional Rock Stun builds; they're pretty linear, and since they open at a fairly slow pace alot of opponents are able to stay one step ahead and just dominate you.

I think adding more consistency and more speed is the best possible answer. The Stun element becomes far less predictable once the graveyard is loaded and you open up a wider range of options. On top of that, you want to get to Exterio as fast as possible because it takes multiple cards to unleash. In a simplified game scenario where each duelist controls very few cards, you can't get an Exterio combo going - and even if you do, you could lose to a big topdeck. Exterio works best in complicated game situations, where you can protect it more easily and lock down more of your opponent's cards to create a big advantage. Faster is better here, for a number of reasons.

I know what I want to add, so the main challenge for this fix was figuring out what to swap out. One Block Golem was an easy choice: it's an incredibly powerful card, but seeing it dead in the early game is a nail in what fast becomes your coffin. We can't afford that. In addition, with a deck like Geargia kicking around that punishes you every turn for being passive, Giant Rat is just too slow. Searching for your Tuners is useful, but that's largely all Giant Rat accomplished and I think there are better ways of doing that.

With so much negation going on and a need for more space, the one copy of Mystical Space Typhoon gets bounced to the Side Deck. One Compulsory Evacuation Device gets cut to make more room, and the two Pot of Duality are nixed because I actually found them to be an awkward fit in the mid and late game, where Special Summoning becomes so much more important. Again, we're going to be substituting the consistency Tek found through draw filtering, by building our graveyard faster and drawing more cards.

How are we going to do that? Double Card Trooper. Trooper is one of the best cards in the game when it comes to milling stuff. It fits the Earth theme we're working with; it gets better and better as Thunder King Rai-Oh becomes more popular; and it's a nice beatstick that adds some draw acceleration to the strategy. It's not a Rock-type, but we only dropped one other Rock monster from the lineup.

We'll be replacing that one missing Rock monster with another: Morphing Jar. This classic flip effect can load your graveyard, get you some quick card advantage, and help you draw to the cards you need. Since it hasn't seen much competitive play over the past few years the Jar can take your opponents by surprise, and it fits nicely with your tendency to set multiple back row cards. Remember, though we're not running Starlight Road, we are packing a number of negation cards that can ward off Heavy Storm.

I'm going to add a Mind Control to get over big, problematic monsters and create more Rank 4 Xyz Plays. This may be a metagame call for you - you might decide that you like a defensive trap card more, so play with this slot to find what's best for your style.

Finally, when I go for that Naturia Exterio play I want to know it's going to stick. Two copies of Trap Stun will help you make big pushes against your opponent in the early game, while also protecting your Exterio combos in the mid and late game. Trap Stun's a card I've been tinkering around with a fair bit in the new format: it's really useful here, where it can stop Solemn Warning from shutting down your biggest moves, and prevent Bottomless Trap Hole from banishing monsters you want yarded for later. Here's a quick run-down of all the changes I made:

more_horiz

-1 Block Golem
-2 Giant Rat
-1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
-2 Pot of Duality
-1 Mystical Space Typhoon

+2 Card Trooper
+1 Morphing Jar
+1 Mind Control
+2 Trap Stun

This is the direction I felt happiest with, but it was far from the only option I considered. One of the more interesting ideas I had involved tweaking the Side Deck, dropping Fusionist and Soul of Silvermountain for X-Saber Wayne and XX-Saber Hyunlei. That opened up a play sequence where Naturia Cherries and a Level 4 could be Tuned for Wayne, and a second Cherries could then be immediately Tuned to Wayne for Hyunlei. It was especially interesting when Trap Stun came into play, and it was a cool fit for a format where big backrows full of traps seem to be getting more and more popular. In the end I decided to stick with Fusionist and Silvermountain, since Trap Stun makes Silvermountain easier to play as well, and adding two Card Troopers to the Main Deck made it easier to Xyz Summon Silvermountain at Appropriate times. MY END ALL SAY ALL WAS

2 Block Golem
2 Card Trooper
3 Koa'ki Meiru Guardian
3 Koa'ki Meiru Sandman
3 Koa'ki Meiru Wall
1 Morphing Jar
3 Naturia Cherries
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 T.G. Striker
2 The Earth - Hex-Sealed Fusion

1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole