Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptiondat Ruling Emptydat Ruling

more_horiz
How exactly do people learn and memorize most of the rulings for yugioh.
dat Ruling 1854617810give me some advice or tips.

descriptiondat Ruling EmptyRe: dat Ruling

more_horiz
everyone have iot way, i generally learn by trial and error, and reading each uling as they come e-e after a while you can retty much dedce how will the ruling come up

more_horiz
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Look up the card in question, and, if there is any, there will be a selection in the results for Card Rulings.

You play the game where 80-90% of people use the same cards, the rulings become relatively easy to memorize.

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Look up the card in question, and, if there is any, there will be a selection in the results for Card Rulings.

You play the game where 80-90% of people use the same cards, the rulings become relatively easy to memorize.

unless your playing against a deck you have never seen before.

more_horiz
even so, the staples are usually there.
Monster Reborn,
Solemn Warning,
Heavy Storm/Dark Hole,
etc.

Each card has rulings on it because in YGO dis stuff is NEVER easily explained, nor will anyone simply listen to what you say. Even if you know the ruling like the back of your hand.

and analyzing a deck function isn't that difficult.
R1 is always a shock when facing a new deck, but seeing how the deck functions (if you're skilled enough to be able to analyze the strategy) and adjusting your deck and playstyle against it shouldn't be too hard.
(If it's a single duel you're usually screwed if you can't catch on to what this deck does early on.)

more_horiz
I have a near-photographic memory (I'm still oblivious, though) - I memorized all game mechanics I need.

The rest is just reading the card.

Always read the card properly.

more_horiz
pIrate wrote:
I have a near-photographic memory (I'm still oblivious, though) - I memorized all game mechanics I need.

he right read them properly,and by playing a bunch of year most card dont need to read unless is new stuff like galaxy or something like that

more_horiz
H3R0_ELITE wrote:
pIrate wrote:

he right read them properly,and by playing a bunch of year most card dont need to read unless is new stuff like galaxy or something like that

What exactly do u guys mean by reading it properly, is their something u need to look for other than the effect on the card?

more_horiz
Just get the basics up to your head. By that I mean, with every action you would know all the necesary timings and reactions you need to take in order to make it work to your advantage.

Ya, it's a bit vague but getting deeper in this means telling you everything.
My advice is to keep dueling and when you get into a tight spot check the wiki. This way you'll gather more and more knowledges, because texts on cards are so repetitive meaning you'll have 90% matching rulings.

With time you'll start to see the game in a different way and choices you'll have to make won't appear only one str8 way.

more_horiz
I see now thanks everyone. :D

more_horiz
Spade wrote:
H3R0_ELITE wrote:
pIrate wrote:

What exactly do u guys mean by reading it properly, is their something u need to look for other than the effect on the card?

I wrote up an article about PSCT, might want to check it.

more_horiz
Topic Moved~

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply