Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

September banlist 2012

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+18
Lyte
PabelFTW
s{EX} Chaos Magician
LethalAfterZ
Train Heartnet
girlchan
Kairi
Pilover
Juelz Anthony Cruz
Nuran
Eheroduelist
Amy Kool
mimgrim
Anzo
Potus Mat
Enigma_m7
Jue Viole Grace
Evil_Bakura
22 posters

descriptionSeptember banlist 2012 - Page 2 EmptySeptember banlist 2012

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Not sure if it's already been said here, but the OCG banlist seems to be out:

Forbidden:
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Future Fusion

Limited:
Inzektor Dragonfly
Inzektor Hornet
Evigishki Gustkraken
Chaos Sorcerer
Spore
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
Tsukuyomi
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Ultimate Offering

Semi-Limited:
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
Debris Dragon
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Rescue Rabbit
E - Emergency Call
Pot of Duality
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
A Hero Lives
Reasoning
Mirror Force
Tour Guide From the Underworld

No Longer Restricted:
Necro Gardna
Marshmallon
Emergency Teleport
Destiny Draw
Swords of Revealing Light
Level Limit - Area B
Magic Cylinder

descriptionSeptember banlist 2012 - Page 2 EmptyRe: September banlist 2012

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
Let me explain why E-Call was semi-limited with an example.

Situation 1:
You have 3 E-call in hand + Bubbleman and some random S/T

1. You set everything and Special Bubbleman.
2. You proceed by activating E-Call to search Stratos
3. Summon Stratos, search for Bubbleman N2 and Special it.
4. You activate the second E-Call and Search for Bubbleman N3 and Special It
5. You XYZ for 2 Blade Armor Ninja and use their effects.
6. GG

Situation 2:

You have 3 E-call hand with random S/T

1. Activate E-Call N1 to search Stratos
2. Use Stratos effect to search Bubbleman and Special it
3. Use E-Call N2 to search for Bubbleman N2 and Special it
4. Use E-Call N3 to search Bubbleman N3 and Special it
5. XYZ for 2 Blade Armor Ninja and use their effects
6. GG
My whole point of this was that few people tech more than 2 in the first place, and The Warrior Returning Alive is a more viable card choice since Bubble Beat runs 3-5 HEROs. E - Call is dead more often than Returning is. But as Potus said, Stratos is the inherit problem with the deck. Not like I ever found Bubble Beat to be a problem anyway since they're so easy to stop, but I'm also not every player. I just don't see E - Call as hurting HERO Alive or Bubble Beat builds. It does just about as much as Glowup limited for Plants.

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
Juelz Anthony Cruz wrote:
What a sexy banlist. This format is going to be by far the best.
Not the best banlist. It's not even perfect. September 2010 banlist was probably the most perfect banlist this game has had since like 2005. 3/4 of it is good, but my problems with it are the following:

•Brio banned. Brio was not broken for the entire last two formats. It was balanced for once.

•REDMD limited. Atum and Eclipse Wyvern would have been better to hit.

•Ultimate Offering limited. Madolches are a problem without it, and Gadgets are now killed, and weren't topping enough for it to really be a problem. Just butthurt players not liking something halfway decent.

•E - Emergency Call semi-limited. There's not a real problem I have with this being limited, but why?

•Pot of Duality limited. It's a perfectly balanced card, and a legitimate out when your opponent has a better hand than yours without being entirely stupid. This should have stayed unlimited.

•Marshmallon and Magic Cylinder unlimited. Yay. Now Burn decks can officially be T2 without Inzektors running around raping everything. Well, at least until Mermails and Atlanteans hit the TCG, and then we have an entirely new problem.

Brio was meh. I personally didn't care about it, but it's (relatively) easy to summon and sacks anything that goes to extra.
Guess Konami had a hitlist and Brio finally got hit.

REDMD was still a good hit. Woulda been nice to hit other things too though.

Ultimate Offering was meh. Just as meh if it were @2-3 imo.

E-Call I thought was a pointless hit, but didn't really think about Bubble Beat. Wasn't overly concerned about Bubble Beat, I only run 2 E-Calls in decks anyway, so this hit doesn't hurt me so bad.

PoD being hit was meh. Most of the use I saw out of it was spam decks preparing their hands to sack the nuts out of people on the next turn. Fair card, doesn't deserve ban't, but I'm fine with the hit. Semi'd doesn't kill the use of the card anyway.

Personally, I like double Mirror Force, as it will be helpful against the spam decks, along with other staples that are out and about.

more_horiz
Spectacular.

more_horiz
Why do all banlist discussions have to be so ignorant? :/

more_horiz
Screw your rhetorical opinions.

Time to discuss this mess, The September 2012 banlist is the most outstanding banlist this game has ever had during the past 2 years, reason?

Noticeable cards:
-Brio: This dude was amazing this format, your opponent worked his *** over to summon 3 or 4 monsters and used all of his resources to take field control, you summon brio while having few dead draws in hand, screw it he can just do that. banning brionac was something good for the game itself, reason is YGO is meant to be a game of strategies, if we can't play according to that the game is just messed up.

-FF: Now that was a good move, FF in Chaos Dragons was just overkill, with REDMD limited the deck is a little bit lower in attack, not like REDMD was a big hit in the first place, we rarely see more than 1 REDMD per game but that was something good.

-Fly and hornet: Those were pain in the ***, the world is a better place now, finally people will ACTUALLY try to be creative this format.

-CS, Zenmaighty, Ultimate offering: These are the worst limits i've ever seen in my life, CS is not over powered, seriously he is not, widn-ups doesn't even loop much these days and they rarely top any event now they took the only thing that makes this deck actually worth playing?, and ultimate offering is seriously a n00b move, they simply killed gadgets and madolche.

Rescue Rabbit and Debris Dragon: I think this one is good, not killing any deck however reducing the opportunity to actually own the opponent, the deck is more balanced. As for Debris, i think we will see Fableds once again around DN.

E-call and duality: Good, NO, awesome! heroes finally got a hit, they didn't get a hit like NEVER? and duality is meaning less, the card was just so good.

MF: why why WHY?! like D prison isn't enough pain already?

E teleport : Hello Gorgeous?

magic cyliner: I think we will see this BS everywhere on DN from now on.

more_horiz
To clear up confusion with Brionac: Atlantean and Mermail cards.

Brionac has a great loop potential and furthermore it triggers the effects of cards like Atlantean Marksman while returning dead CoTHs on your side to your hand so you can furtheron loop.

All in all, a BS hit since these cards only exist in the OCG, but finally KONAMI thinks about what future formats may look like.

CS at 1 is fine since Chaos Monsters should never have been a thing.
I remember when it was firstly limited after being on the banlist for so long.

But that's just my opinion no one cares about since I've been here for under a week.

more_horiz
Lunatic wrote:
-Brio: This dude was amazing this format, your opponent worked his *** over to summon 3 or 4 monsters and used all of his resources to take field control, you summon brio while having few dead draws in hand, screw it he can just do that. banning brionac was something good for the game itself, reason is YGO is meant to be a game of strategies, if we can't play according to that the game is just messed up.

yeeeah, reminds me of the time I sacked my opponent with his own Brio.
he spent so much time SSing, synchroing, etc. (took him about 5-10 minutes to take his entire turn), and was left with like 1-2 cards in hand and 3 beatsticks. all the while he had Brio in grave.

Monster Reborned Brio, discarded three, (discarded Necroshade) Normaled Bladedge and attacked, ended, his turn, draws, ends, I attack for game.
HILARIOUS. But yeah, I digress, the world is a better place without it.

Lunatic wrote:
-CS, Zenmaighty, Ultimate offering: These are the worst limits i've ever seen in my life, CS is not over powered, seriously he is not, widn-ups doesn't even loop much these days and they rarely top any event now they took the only thing that makes this deck actually worth playing?, and ultimate offering is seriously a n00b move, they simply killed gadgets and madolche.

I disagree on Zenmaighty. It killed Wind-up loop. Same Wind-up loop that Placido used to sack a majority of Ra dorm in RY vs ADR.

Needless to say, I'm happy to see Wind-ups forced to do something other than spam hunter. Hopefully.

I lol'd at Mirror @2 though. Helpful when it's on YOUR side though. so this being semi'd has it's ups and downs.

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
To clear up confusion with Brionac: Atlantean and Mermail cards.

Brionac has a great loop potential and furthermore it triggers the effects of cards like Atlantean Marksman while returning dead CoTHs on your side to your hand so you can furtheron loop.

All in all, a BS hit since these cards only exist in the OCG, but finally KONAMI thinks about what future formats may look like.

CS at 1 is fine since Chaos Monsters should never have been a thing.
I remember when it was firstly limited after being on the banlist for so long.

But that's just my opinion no one cares about since I've been here for under a week.
Atlanteans/ Mermails have so many more problems outside of Brio it's not even funny. They're going to be as bad as Inzektors, if not worse since there's no Water-Imprisoning Mirror.

more_horiz
Brionac is the most viable target to delete Synchro Spam.

Did I mention Infernities?

more_horiz
Irate wrote:

Infernitys don't rely on Brio to discard their hand. That should have already happened before you even went into him. It's just there just in case really. In fact, I go into Brio as a synchro material rather than Gaia because Gaia is better in Infernitys if you want something to stay on the field, but that's irrelevant since Infernitys aren't topping anyway.

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
Irate wrote:

Infernitys don't rely on Brio to discard their hand. That should have already happened before you even went into him. It's just there just in case really. In fact, I go into Brio as a synchro material rather than Gaia because Gaia is better in Infernitys if you want something to stay on the field, but that's irrelevant since Infernitys aren't topping anyway.

True that.

Well, we all agree that Brionac is broken and with the upcoming WATER spammage Ice Barriers don't need their Synchros.

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
GirlChan wrote:
Irate wrote:

True that.

Well, we all agree that Brionac is broken and with the upcoming WATER spammage Ice Barriers don't need their Synchros.
Yes, but the current Water meta is going to be stupid for reason other than Brio. They're going to need to be hit eventually, so banning Brio doesn't exactly fix them.

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
Juelz Anthony Cruz wrote:
What a sexy banlist. This format is going to be by far the best.
Not the best banlist. It's not even perfect. September 2010 banlist was probably the most perfect banlist this game has had since like 2005. 3/4 of it is good, but my problems with it are the following:

•Brio banned. Brio was not broken for the entire last two formats. It was balanced for once.

•REDMD limited. Atum and Eclipse Wyvern would have been better to hit.

•Ultimate Offering limited. Madolches are a problem without it, and Gadgets are now killed, and weren't topping enough for it to really be a problem. Just butthurt players not liking something halfway decent.

•E - Emergency Call semi-limited. There's not a real problem I have with this being limited, but why?

•Pot of Duality limited. It's a perfectly balanced card, and a legitimate out when your opponent has a better hand than yours without being entirely stupid. This should have stayed unlimited.

•Marshmallon and Magic Cylinder unlimited. Yay. Now Burn decks can officially be T2 without Inzektors running around raping everything. Well, at least until Mermails and Atlanteans hit the TCG, and then we have an entirely new problem.

•Brio banned. Yes, both Brio and Gungrir are just broken with the new Atlatean monsters. Since brio is much easier to summon, it had to be banned.

•REDMD limited. If you have played Hieratics before, you would know that 3 Hieratics in hand and 2 REDMD in deck are enough for an OTK, such an otk is no good for the game. Limiting Atum wouldn't do anything to Chaos Dragons and would kill Hieratics.

•Ultimate Offering limited. All you need to OTK or atleast make major pluses is Magileine + Offering. Offering + Madolche Chateau is almost a lock.

Last edited by Pilover on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Pilover wrote:

•REDMD limited. If you have played Hieratics before, you would know that 3 Hieratics in hand and 2 REDMD in deck are enough for an OTK, such an otk is no good for the game. Limiting Atum wouldn't do anything to Chaos Dragons and would kill Hieratics.

•Ultimate Offering limited. All you need to OTK or atleast make major pluses is Magileine + Offering. Offering + Madolche Chateau is almost a lock.
(1) Did you ignore me when I said that Eclipse should be limited along with Atum? (2) Limiting Atum wouldn't kill Hieratics. They'd still be able to spam monsters, and if you no longer want to play Atum Turbo, then play Heliopolis. Simple as that, otherwise the deck is retarded, and limited REDMD kills other Dragon that would have been playable if Atum and Eclipse were limited. (3) Limited Offering makes the deck not based around the OTK (and before you say that the OTK should be done with, or at least now highly inconsistent, go back to your supporting REDMD limited rather than Atum limited, which still wouldn't kill the deck). It'll now be Geargia decks, or Machina Gadget decks which aren't going to be viable. Gadgets weren't topping consistently enough for Offering to merit being limited.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
P.S. and we banned Brio, cuz he rapes all the xyz instantly.

The Atlanteans would have surely been raping using brio's eff.

more_horiz
I really don't want to see those WATER fagz in TCG it just wrong.

more_horiz
They're pretty broken. Their only downfall it Macro Cosmos, but then you have to rely on drawing any one of the three in your side deck after the possibility of losing R1 for both R2 and R3, and then have to worry about it not being popped. This archetype might be worse than Inzektors.

more_horiz
Old History. Anyway, confirmed:

http://shriek.twoday.net/

::Monkey34::

more_horiz
GirlChan wrote:
They're pretty broken. Their only downfall it Macro Cosmos, but then you have to rely on drawing any one of the three in your side deck after the possibility of losing R1 for both R2 and R3, and then have to worry about it not being popped. This archetype might be worse than Inzektors.

Or jsut main it ::Monkey34::

Anyway I like this ban list for the most part, only part I really don't care for is brio banned, but meh not much I can do about that.

I am super exited teleport is unlimited :Cheers: Imma make bunches of tele-variants o.o

more_horiz
wow redmd to 1 means summoning gustaf will be really hard to play it out on the field.

more_horiz
Honestly I would be somewhat happy if this banlist was true lol.
Chaos Dragon (Hieratics), Inzektors, and Wind-ups sadly seemed to outclass several decks, but with hindering some of their key cards, it seems a bit more balanced. Due to the semi-limiting of Rescue Rabbit and Tour Guide, dem pesky XYZ will get hit pretty hard.
So imho, I feel like this is a solid banlist and I will be pretty happy when I don't have to face a horde of Tier 1 decks.
NOTE: Check the official Konami website. They released the exact same banlist :3

more_horiz
Hitting wind ups, inzektors, the gishki loop, and hieratic/dragons? I like.

more_horiz
Lyte wrote:
Honestly I would be somewhat happy if this banlist was true lol.
Chaos Dragon (Hieratics), Inzektors, and Wind-ups sadly seemed to outclass several decks, but with hindering some of their key cards, it seems a bit more balanced. Due to the semi-limiting of Rescue Rabbit and Tour Guide, dem pesky XYZ will get hit pretty hard.
So imho, I feel like this is a solid banlist and I will be pretty happy when I don't have to face a horde of Tier 1 decks.
NOTE: Check the official Konami website. They released the exact same banlist :3

The ban list is true ._.

But yea dis is a solid banlist e_e

more_horiz
Yeah I agree it is solid, granted some of the list is a list too late. Anyway... I love the list for so many reasons. It just hits so many things and gave us things like Triple Swords for teh lulz.

more_horiz
Brio Banned because atlanteans and mermails, not due to sheer power.

I was expecting them to unlock TIV or DMoC to boost tthe sales, but gladly they didn't do that

more_horiz
Hell am glad they didn't do that too; however, the banlist is spectacular in many perspectives, all decks; believe it or not, are equal now, they all have the same chance of winning, it's a fair Ban list.

more_horiz
Mista Anzo wrote:
Hell am glad they didn't do that too; however, the banlist is spectacular in many perspectives, all decks; believe it or not, are equal now, they all have the same chance of winning, it's a fair Ban list.

This banlist truly equals the format in a way KONAMI should've done so long ago.

more_horiz
Honestly, the new ban list doesn't bother me much. Future fusion gave me a bit trouble sense I planned on using it for me Gem-Knight Deck but I can do without it. I hate Mirror Force being Semi-Limited. >.< Now I just have to be more careful, I still only run 1.

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon being limited hurt me a lot with my Chaos Deck. I also rarely run a Chaos deck (It's the deck that got me into Yugioh at first.) but I had a feeling he would be banned sometime soon. He was a bit on the powerful side, especially in any type of deck with powerful dragons.

The rest is fine.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply