Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUP's Aliens EmptyUP's Aliens

more_horiz
Hey everyone!
I decided to post my favorite deck here: Aliens!
I've been dueling with them for three years. It has been my favorite deck all this time and I like to believe it's the best alien deck out there. Razz
This topic has three purposes: Showing you how a powerful alien deck looks like. (I've beaten the current meta with it) Secondly, a rating would be nice. And last but not least, if any of you have suggestions for the deck, don't be afraid to post them, Feedback is always welcome! ^^
The deck is extremely fun to duel with. It leaves opponent's feeling like they were being probed. Because, well, that's what my aliens do. Razz

Anyway, here's the decklist:
40 Cards
20 Monsters

3x Alien Ammonite (He's awesome. He basically an instant Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar)
3x Alien Kid (This guy might at first look seem average, with 1600 ATK. He's great though, since he puts one A-counter on any monster my opponent special summons. He also has the 'A-counter drain' effect, which means that for every A-counter on a monster, that monster loses 300 ATK and DEF when battling an alien monster. (And if if I have multiple monsters with this effect on the field, their drainings stack with each other!)
3x Alien Dog (He's very handy. He can be special summoned whenever I normal summon. He then puts 2 A-counters on opponent's monsters. He can be used for Xyz summons very well. He can also act as that extra 1500 damage that you do to your opponent)
3x Alien Warrior (This guy's very neat. He has 1800 ATK, has the 'A-counter drain' effect, and when he is destroyed, I can put 2 A-counters on the monster that destroyed it)
2x Alien Telepath (This guy has the 'A-counter drain' effect as well. He aso acts as our personal MST, since he can remove one A-counter on the field to destroy one Spell/Trap card.)
2x Alien Grey (This guy is always set, and never summoned. Whenever he's attacked and flipped, I can put one A-counter on any monster I like. After he's destroyed, I also draw one card. A-counter distributor+draw: epic! He also has the 'A-counter drain' effect, but it's rarely used since he's almost never face-up.)
1x Alien Overlord (Overlord is a big beater, along with an epic A-counter distributor (One on every monster my opponen't controls at any of my turns) and he has the 'A-counter drain' effect. I run him at only one, so he's rarely dead. He's aways guaranteed a summon since I only need to remove 2 A-counters from the field to special summon gim.)
2x Genex Ally Birdman (This guy has great synergy with aliens. He can return monsters to the hand summoned by Triangle and CotH and make a very quick Genex Ally Triforce. It's easy to pull of, with the many level 4's in this deck.)
1x Honest (Aliens are mainly light monsters, enough said.)

10 Spells
2x Code A Ancient Ruins (This card owns very much. It distributes A-counters on itself every time an Alien monster is destroyed. And, once a turn I can remove 2 counters from anywhere on the field in order to summon one Alien monster from my grave.)
2x Mysterious Triangle (This destroys one monster with an A-counter on it. Very easy disposals of opponent's ace monsters! After that, it summons a level 4 Alien from the deck, which is destroyed at the end phase)
2x Pot of Duality (Draw power!)
2x Swords of Revealing Light (This card is mainly here for the epic synergy with Gol'Gar. My opponent can never attack me, unless they waste a card on destroying it. When they don't have those cards, Gol'Gar keeps trolling them with extra A-counters)
1x Dark Hole (I guess this speaks for itself)
1x Monster Reborn (Same as above)

10 Traps
2x Alien Brain (This trap is so much ownage! Whenever an alien monster (Or any reptile) I control is destroyed by battle, I can take over the opponent's monster permanently!)
2x Call of the Haunted (Summons stuff from the grave and has great sunergy with Gol'Gar, making it possible to re-use it every turn while I distribute A-counters)
2x Offerings to the Snake Deity (This card disposes of any annoying things my opponent has. I might replace it with other cards, because of the increased usage of SLR)
2x Planet Pollution Virus (Destroy every opponent's monster on the field without a-counters, just by tributing one alien monster. And if that's not enough: It puts one A-counter on any monster my opponent summons for three turns)
2x Fiendish Chain (Just lock down dangerous opponent's monsters. This card also works great with Gol'Gar, since it can choose another target every turn and distribute A-counters in the meantime.)

Extra Deck:
3x Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar (This card is beyond awesome. It's my favorite card in the entire game and has synergy with almost every card in my deck. It can put any face-up spells/traps to their owner's hands, and distribute A-counters on the field for any card returned. It can also once per turn remove 2 A-counters from the field to destroy one card. Plus, it has 2600 ATK.)
2x Genex Ally Triforce (This is for the birdmans. The card's effect changes according to which alien I use to summon it. It's pretty nice.)
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Armory Arm
1x Mist Wurm
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines

Tell me what you think! =)

descriptionUP's Aliens EmptyRe: UP's Aliens

more_horiz
Decent, but...
Aliens have a lot of control potential. What if you tapped into that to stop the opponent from using much of anything?

more_horiz
Aliens can indeed control, but controlling opponent's monsters takes too long to set up. I will be dead by the time I can control an opponent's monster.
This alien deck mainly resolves around Gol'Gar and using A-counters to drain and destroy opponent's cards.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it. =)

more_horiz
That's not what I mean by control. I mean controlling your opponent. Triangle, Virus, Offerings... The deck can easily counter every move the opponent makes.

more_horiz
Ah, I see what you mean.
Yes, it's pretty good in controlling plays. It often makes my opponent squirm in directions I want him to go.

Aliens are originally a control deck, but my playstyle is usually aggressive, so I've adapted it to be more aggressive. I've experimented with like, more control cards, but it often ended up in dead hands, since they all have specific activation costs.

more_horiz
I would just use general control cards. You want to summon Rabbit? Nope, Warning. Want to summon that REDMD? Solemn. Dragonfly? Torrential. Tour Guide? Book.

more_horiz
It would draw the focus of the deck away from the archetype, since they need quite an amount of support cards to function well.
Solemns, Torrentials and BoM are all great cards, but I'd have to remove other cards for it, which I cannot afford to do, unless you have a very neat suggestion of course. Wink

more_horiz
alien gemini with rabbit works really well try that

its just heroes plus aliens plus rabbit

more_horiz
Hmm, I can see how it works; shocktroopers, hypno's, alius, some a-counter abusing cards. I'll look into it. Thnx Wink

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply