Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGenex Ally Birdman? EmptyGenex Ally Birdman?

more_horiz
You use the effect of Birdman to special summon himself, then you overlay him with another Level 3 to XYZ summon Number 17. My question is, does he get banished when Number 17 is summoned since being an Overlay Unit is tecnicly not being on the field so he would be leaving the field, or can he just not be detached since detaching is sending it to the graveyard and he must be banished?

descriptionGenex Ally Birdman? EmptyRe: Genex Ally Birdman?

more_horiz
He would be sent to the grave

more_horiz
XYZ Material are not considered to be on the field and always go to the grave. Yes even if fissure or Macro is active.

more_horiz
It can be detached, and will be sent to the grave.

Lethal, if you got macro on the field, even XYZ materials get banished.

more_horiz
LethalAfterZ wrote:
XYZ Material are not considered to be on the field and always go to the grave. Yes even if fissure or Macro is active.

macro removes everything

more_horiz
Isn't it just fissure that gets around that logic?
Cosmos banishes all, Fissure just banishes monsters, and I'd guess that the materials get sent to grave if fissure is out. (If Macro is out too then Macro supercedes Fissure.)

As for the question, I'd say that it'd get sent to grave because it is an Xyz material, Xyz materials get sent to grave, despite Birdman's effect, because being used as an Xyz material pretty much ignores the effects of the material.
Just like how you can't use Sangan's effect or Reborn Tengu's effect.

more_horiz
>_> XYZ matterials stop being monsters and start being referred to only as cards. As such they do not have attribute, effect, level, ATK/DEF, Type and will be send to the graveyard unless there is a card such as Macro Cosmos (that remove everything)face-up on the field.

more_horiz
Staxx M. Lawlstogmer wrote:
LethalAfterZ wrote:

macro removes everything

The ruling was changed and Macro does not remove xyz material anymore. Atleast that's what I was told. I was in a war duel and Atomic Nightmare was watching and he told me the ruling was changed. Since he's a head admin I didn't bother looking it up to see if it was valid or not. Assuming he wasn't trying to screw me over in the war duel...

more_horiz
It was an email sent out to the judges for YCS Chicago. It was a typo, and a second email was sent out stating as such. He meant to type Dimensional Fissure, not Macro Cosmos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248499755248/10151700871230249/

more_horiz
Meh I knew about that email typo thing weeks ago. This duel I had happened a few days ago so I assumed there was some new ruling change after that..

more_horiz
Thanks for the info but I only needed to know about Birdman's Effect because someone told me it was banished when it was overlayed and it was bothering me.

more_horiz
Lol, they are still cards lethal xD

Anyway, answered and locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply