Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionNordic Deck xyz  EmptyNordic Deck xyz

more_horiz
Why choose Nordic Deck?

Nordic deck is disastrous for it's atk. power for it could summon Odin around 1-2 turns. A Nordic deck maybe a deck that is good to start with for it uses allot of combos and thus, need the support of traps. We couldn't deny that there are many Nordic monsters whose level are equal like tanngrisnir's tokens ..... That's why I made an extra deck xyz

Monsters:

3x Dverg of the Nordic Alfar (If you run on Nordic relics, THIS IS A MUST!)
2x Ljosalf of The Nordic Alfar (The table turner. It could be combined by other tuners to form synchros or xyz)
3x Tannjostr of the Nordic beasts (monster detroyed, this get's special summoned.. could be defensive or summoner, depends on you)
3x Tanngrisnir of The Nordic Beasts (The annoying monster that keeps on spreading tokens.. If your enemy keeps the 2 tokens alive, he should be warned)
3x Guldfaxe of The Nordic Beasts
3x Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant (three of them is enough to support Aesir's lives on the field.. great combo with Tanggrisnir)
3x Valkyrie of The Nordic Ascendant (Have it 3 to increase chances of Odin)
2x Super Nimble Mega Hamster (enough talk, you know it's importance)

Spells
Book of Moon
2x Nordic Relic Draupnir
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
Dark hole
Swords of Revealing Light
2x Mystical Space Typhoon

-Lesser spells The Better

Traps:
3x Gleipnir, The Fetters of Fenrir (You know this card... You can't have a build without this)
2x Nordic Relic Laevateinn (It destroys the opponent's monster thus... CANNOT BE CHAINED)
2x Nordic Relic Gungnir (Low-Cost and target's opponent's card, could be better than Laevatteinn)
2x Dimensional Prison (Removing from play opponents monster is FUN! Especially when it comes to dragons)
2x Sakuretsu Armor (This could save your Tanngrisnir tokens)
Mirror Force
2x Forced Back (a great substitute to grand mole)
Torrential Tribute
2x Dark Bribe (negation but beware! It let's opponent draw a card!)

Extra:

3x Odin, Father of The Aesir
3x Thor, Lord of The Aesir
2x Loki, Lord of The Aesir (recycle traps! Works with Vanadis)
Thunder Unicorn (Guldfaxe + Dverg)
Heavenly Wolf King Blue Seirios (Ljosalf + Valkyrie)
Infernity Death Dragon (Vanadis +Ljosalf)
Crimson Blader (VERY USEFUL!! Prevents enemy to summon level 5 or higher... Vanadis + Ljosalf)
T.G Hyper Librarian (Generic indeed! Great when performing combos so you could draw more cards! Vanadis + Dverg)
Blackfeather Dragon (A great Synchro against Agents... It kicks the Agents! Vanadis + Ljosalf)

Xyz:

Number 39: Utopia (You may need him to negate attacks. Ljosalf + Ljosalf)
Grenosaurus (Tanngrisnir tokens... PERIOD!)
Daigusto Emeral (Recycles 3 monsters and let's you draw 2 cards... a great substitute for pot of avarice!)

Weakness:
The weakness of Nordics are Anti-Synchro's like Meklord. They are also defenseless to swarming decks like Inzektor and Wind-Up's Especially Hieratic... Dragons also are a threat to this deck until you pull Odin... Exaggerated field destruction of set spells and traps can put this deck down and lastly, A Nordic deck can lose to anyone when the controller has no cards in his hand..

That's all!! Thanks BTW Have Fun with this deck for it came Top 2 in the tournament here in the Philippines... There will be upcoming decks

descriptionNordic Deck xyz  EmptyRe: Nordic Deck xyz

more_horiz
tokens cannot be used for xyz materials

more_horiz
I apologize in advance for the wall of text. You need Bottomless Trap Holes and a Solemn Judgment in here. Also, I recommend you go with 2 Torrential Tribute if your trying to be trap-heavy. Like svstar said, tokens can't be used as Xyz Materials, so you'll need a different Xyz Summoning strategy. If you want summon negation enough that you're running Forced Back, I really recommend Solemn Warning. You should probably max out Dimensional Prison before running Sakaretsu Armor, not that I recommend maxing out Dimensional Prison. I can't see how Black-Winged Dragon beats Agents, considering that the only Agents you see much in Agent decks are Earth, Venus, and Hyperion, and none of them inflict effect damage, but I guess if it works against them for you somehow it makes sense to run it. Daigusto Emeral only lets you draw 1. Otherwise it would be way too good. By the way this should be in Deck Workshop.

more_horiz
svstar34 wrote:
tokens cannot be used for xyz materials

It could be! there are exemptions to this... Scapegoats cannot be xyz for the card label says "it could not be sacrificed" ... But Tanngrisnir's effect allows it to be xyz... IT COULD EVEN BE SYNCHRO-ed... Kuriboh Tokens via Multiply cannot be sacrificed to as it says in the card label...

more_horiz
isetrh wrote:
I apologize in advance for the wall of text. You need Bottomless Trap Holes and a Solemn Judgment in here. Also, I recommend you go with 2 Torrential Tribute if your trying to be trap-heavy. Like svstar said, tokens can't be used as Xyz Materials, so you'll need a different Xyz Summoning strategy. If you want summon negation enough that you're running Forced Back, I really recommend Solemn Warning. You should probably max out Dimensional Prison before running Sakaretsu Armor, not that I recommend maxing out Dimensional Prison. I can't see how Black-Winged Dragon beats Agents, considering that the only Agents you see much in Agent decks are Earth, Venus, and Hyperion, and none of them inflict effect damage, but I guess if it works against them for you somehow it makes sense to run it. Daigusto Emeral only lets you draw 1. Otherwise it would be way too good. By the way this should be in Deck Workshop.

I play in OCG rules...

more_horiz
isetrh wrote:

Solemn judgement costs LP... It stinks!

more_horiz
Tokens cannot be used as Exceed material... period. Tokens exist only on the field... as Exceed material they are no longer on the field

more_horiz
How can solemn stink..?

more_horiz
eviva619 wrote:
How can solemn stink..?

It clears out life points! that's why i have Gungnir so the only thing at stake is my Nordic monsters or Aesir....

more_horiz
and that is childish talk
if you can't spare a few LP to stop a big play then why bother dueling?

more_horiz
Badodots wrote:
eviva619 wrote:
How can solemn stink..?

It clears out life points! that's why i have Gungnir so the only thing at stake is my Nordic monsters or Aesir....

What's your point in coming on this site and being so hard-headed?

Tokens CANNOT be used for xyz materials, period. You should brush up on your rulings though, because xyz materials are not sacrificed and Scapegoat tokens can be tributed, just not for a tribute summon.

You said yourself that you have problems dealing with decks that have high swarm capabilities like windups, inzektors, and hieratics but you dont want to use the Solemn Brigade (judgment and warning) which are cards that would allow you to potentially stop those swarms.

Secondly... The Relic support cards are so greatly inferior to the "staple" traps or those which are used so much more (Solemns, BTH, CED, Mirror Force, Fiendish Chains, Torrential, Prisons...etc) If you dont know how to play around losing life points because you had to stop a swarm that gave you advantage, why are you playing this game?

Lastly... You can say all you want about this deck getting 2nd place in a Philippine tournament, unless you can prove it beat a full field of Windups, Inzektors, Hieratics, Dragons, and other top decks in a MAJOR tournament, it doesnt necessarily make it a good deck.

more_horiz
svstar34 wrote:
Badodots wrote:
eviva619 wrote:
How can solemn stink..?

What's your point in coming on this site and being so hard-headed?

Tokens CANNOT be used for xyz materials, period. You should brush up on your rulings though, because xyz materials are not sacrificed and Scapegoat tokens can be tributed, just not for a tribute summon.

You said yourself that you have problems dealing with decks that have high swarm capabilities like windups, inzektors, and hieratics but you dont want to use the Solemn Brigade (judgment and warning) which are cards that would allow you to potentially stop those swarms.

Secondly... The Relic support cards are so greatly inferior to the "staple" traps or those which are used so much more (Solemns, BTH, CED, Mirror Force, Fiendish Chains, Torrential, Prisons...etc) If you dont know how to play around losing life points because you had to stop a swarm that gave you advantage, why are you playing this game?

Lastly... You can say all you want about this deck getting 2nd place in a Philippine tournament, unless you can prove it beat a full field of Windups, Inzektors, Hieratics, Dragons, and other top decks in a MAJOR tournament, it doesnt necessarily make it a good deck.

Okay okay you are the winner... but it doesn't mean i need to use solemn warning... i trust my deck and I will duel in my style

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply