Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionWind-Ups~ EmptyWind-Ups~

more_horiz
So, I was looking around for the appropriate place to post this, and I figured the general discussion would do XD So, I've been playing the EHeroes for a while because they're my favorite archetype thus far, however, I've been wanting to try something new out as well. I thought that the Wind-Ups looked cool before I even looked into the competitive aspects of Yugioh, and after I found out that they were actually a good deck type (it was actually a shock, my friends who are more experience said that they didn't think they looked very good). Anyways, so I'm thinking of building a deck for them :3 Buuuut I have no clue what I'm doing XD;; What combos do these decks tend to use, and what are some key cards that go in here, as well as some other fun ones? :3 Just like with anything else, I'll probably start off really generic until I get a feel for them, then I'll probably play around some to make it interesting XD

descriptionWind-Ups~ EmptyRe: Wind-Ups~

more_horiz
Well, to be fair, before Konami practically gave Windups super-spammable steriods (example: Shark) Wind-ups were not exactly as competitive as they are now.

They compete well against a large number of decks, excluding decks like DW.
They used to be good, now they're great/annoying, but still not the best deck in the game just yet.

It's not unusual to see people playing them though.

more_horiz
^ Please explain to me how wind-ups don't compete well against DW.

more_horiz
Yeah, I totally see what you mean, judging off of their sub-par attack powers and stuff. Also, from what I can tell, they pretty much rely on XYZ monsters, which isn't terribly tough to achieve on DN, but I'm assuming it's somewhat difficult to build good Extra Decks for them irl, due to the rarity of said XYZ monsters. I for one have only acquired 1, Wind-Up Zenmaister, and that was only through the tin. My friends have only gotten them out of the starter deck as far as I'm aware. Buuuut that's beside the point. I suppose better questions are if my assumption of them being XYZ reliant is true, and if so which ones are the best for them?

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
^ Please explain to me how wind-ups don't compete well against DW.

You spam Wind-ups & Hunter Loop? DWs lol.

Wind-ups would have a hassle against DWs to say the least imo.

And most Wind-ups I've seen run 3 Zenmaity, 3 Rats, 2-3 Sharks, etc.

more_horiz
Hunter "sends", not "discards". Dark Worlds do not get their effects off of Hunter.

more_horiz
Exucse me for not reading Wind-up Hunter @11:26PM.
(And on that note, I actually have never read Wind-up Hunter's text now that I think about it)

In any case, I'd still think DWs would have an easy time owning Wind-ups. Also, out of curiosity (since I don't run Wind-ups myself) how many people actually run Hunter loop?

more_horiz
Someone here is obviously new to this game Wind-Ups~ 4144076462 .

And every wind-up deck runs the hunter loop... what kind of question was that?

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
Exucse me for not reading Wind-up Hunter @11:26PM.
(And on that note, I actually have never read Wind-up Hunter's text now that I think about it)

In any case, I'd still think DWs would have an easy time owning Wind-ups. Also, out of curiosity (since I don't run Wind-ups myself) how many people actually run Hunter loop?

All of them?.... All you need is to main 3 rats, 1 hunter, and 3 zenmaighty......

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
Someone here is obviously new to this game Wind-Ups~ 4144076462 .

And every wind-up deck runs the hunter loop... what kind of question was that?

Been playing YGO for years x:
I just rarely read the cards I assume I know.

and apparently not alot of players like to use it Razz I haven't seen the Hunter loop used too often. Most Wind-ups I've seen used tons of spam & either Overwind or a heavy beatstick/effect destroyers (Zenmaines, Tiras, Acid Golem, etc) to do their owning. Irritatingly successful.

more_horiz
I ran Wind-Ups for months, beat every single deck with them, EXCEPT FOR DW'S. Man those things like shut down your wind ups, it's their weakness xD

more_horiz
Ok, so so far I got down the Hunter loop (well in theory anyways). Any other key XYZ monsters or strategies that are worth looking into?

more_horiz
duel me^ and I'll show you

more_horiz
Right on :3 I'll be available this afternoon after school (I'll be home in 6-7ish hours) PM me or drop by my room if any further arrangements need to be made

more_horiz
okay you if you are interested in running a wind-up deck i would use go for level

5Xyz monsters and some level3 as well as their wind-up zenmaister and maity

Tiraskeeper of genesis the king of heavy machinery wind-up soldier,wind-up shark
wind-up rat,wind-up warrior,wind-up magician and of course wind-up factory

i am not going to give you a complete deck list due to 2 reasons

1) no access to DN right now

and (2) i pretty sure you want to make your own deck

so those are most the key cards (please do me a favor and do not use hunter)

Any questions just ask

more_horiz
^Thanks a ton for the information XD I'll definitely look into and probably use those cards you mentioned~ I may or may not use Hunter depending on how it works for me, I'll have to test with it first to decide. From what I read, I attempted doing the hunter loop on my friend yesterday, but it seemed confusing and I'm pretty sure I did it wrong XD;; not gonna lie though, the extra advantage even after botching the combo was nice...

more_horiz
Plague Rose wrote:
I ran Wind-Ups for months, beat every single deck with them, EXCEPT FOR DW'S. Man those things like shut down your wind ups, it's their weakness xD

For God's sake, Wind-Up Hunter doesn't trigger Dark World's effects. Stop saying they crush wind-ups cause you're sounding like total noobs. The only case where Wind-Ups get crushed by Dark Worlds, is if you go 2nd and get hand-raped by Dragged Down and Skill Drain. Other than that, even if you manage to drop a Grapha from their hand by the loop and they draw a level 1-4 DW monster, you're still in a huge advantage. So, again, for god's sake, stop saying dark worlds are good versus wind-ups.

more_horiz
@Johan for christ's sake, realize I never said it did? lol.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply