Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMedia Section? EmptyMedia Section?

more_horiz
Right i've had a look around the forum and there isn't a media section? I feel that making one and having a moderator to look after said section would make a great addition to the forum, where people could upload Tv Shows, Movies, Music etc...YGO Would have it's own subsection in it of course, then another subsection for everything else ! I've moderated on forums with that kind stuff so I know people would like it Smile Thoughts?

Edit: Apologies, I should have threw this in the site suggestions section!

descriptionMedia Section? EmptyRe: Media Section?

more_horiz
http://www.duelacademy.net/f36-general-discussion

It may not have everything you want, but this by far could be considered what you are looking for.

more_horiz
I see where your going with it and i realize it's the closest to what i'm referring to, but perhaps a bit of time and effort could be put into revamping the section a bit more, cuz i can't really see any actual media to download, a download section within it, could be made available to those with a certain minimum post count to avoid leechers just coming onto the site to take from those putting their time and effort in! That's the system we used to use on an old forum I was in. I'm sure there'll be people on this site willing to contribute episodes from the series they've collected, movies, etc.. In return for some duel point rewards perhaps ?

more_horiz
Since you posted both here and in my contest page, I will reply just here.

I like the idea. Its true, DA is all about YGO and YGO has a lot of media to be put. I can make that subforum under General Discussion. It won't need much of a dedication. I just need to make some Sticky threads and sometimes when we see some thread to be very successful to pin it there too. We can start with some YGO episodes sticky threads and yea you ppl will be able to post episodes there etc. To be honest, we can let one member that wants to be in charge of episodes to start the topic so he or she can edit it later too, and post episode links there. other members can contribute to share also links and the member who started the topic will see if the links are alright and include them in the starting post. that way we could keep track of everything.

HOWEVER, we must make sure that those DOWNLOAD links must be not LAW BREAKING. We don't want to share illegal links here. We allowed sharing YGOPro links because the game is free and open source but I don't know for episodes. You ppl do the research and find that out. But, streaming links won't harm I guess.

more_horiz
I'm in the process of getting the 2nd season of GX and the first 5 seasons of the original series, the original will take longer but i should have GX by the end of the day, Which i'll go about looking for a host site where I can upload each individual episode to share with you guys Smile My pleasure to contribute Smile
Although I still think General Discussion is kind of a weird place to put media, since you're not discussing anything, a whole media section would be better but it's your call ! Smile

more_horiz
Sweet idea! i like it!

Try to get some subbed gx eps those are hard to find at times haha XD

more_horiz
Also I think a sweet addition to the battlezone would be GFX and MV Battles,
people pit their gfx against eachother on a more regular basis than just the sotw, each competitor sends their work to a staff member along with a screencap of the psd for proof, the staff makes the thread with a poll to vote, simples!

Same thing applies with MV battles and showcases, people can show off amv's they've made to do with YGO and whatnot! Then battle em!

Winner receives some DP Smile

Thoughts?

more_horiz
Battlefield section is only dueling based. However we had Graphic War section before. It was not that active as SOTW is not active very much. DA has GFX artists but those that are pro's either work bigger stuff than gfx wars, they make GFX for DA or some other sites and they don't have much motivation to make some signatures just for battle. I don't know, if we have many ppl that want GFX wars to be back, I can put it back but I don't like to get back things that were turned off because of inactivity.

As for AMVs... One or two ppl here does that lol. Or just one :D those things can be posted in General Discussions. That section has just name "discussion" but its more like anything.

more_horiz
Thanks for taking my ideas on board all the same Smile I think the media section of all things is the main thing though I want to see here to improve the site Smile I'm after watching a few gx episodes now, and it's really good Smile The memories are flowin' back to me Smile

more_horiz
Well, it's not downloading for personal view, but whenever I got the urge to watch anime I went ahead and hit up Hulu.

Has all the Classic YGO, Gx, and 5D's, the only irritance being Advertisements.

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
Well, it's not downloading for personal view, but whenever I got the urge to watch anime I went ahead and hit up Hulu.

Has all the Classic YGO, Gx, and 5D's, the only irritance being Advertisements.

You are lucky :D Im not in united states so i cant watch videos in Hulu Sad But i found site where I can watch yugioh :D

more_horiz
lokos you share the link when you say i found the site lol.

more_horiz
Ok here it is: www.watchcartoononline.com It have all of yugioh original series (Dubbed) Also it have 155 yugioh gx dubbed series (No subbed Sad ) And it have all of yugioh 5ds subbed series (All 154) and some series dubbed (136 episodes). I dont know how many of you watch Yugioh zexal but they have also zexal :D

more_horiz
Does anyone know a good free website that I can upload episodes to with a lot of GB allowance, like 250 gb, I've managed to get all of gx season 2 and it's like 6 Gb worth of episodes? Not a video hosting thing like youtube, but something like Megaupload?
Also I used to watch YGO on that site Lokos and it's pretty good Smile A lot of links don't work for me though Sad That's why i'd like to upload the episodes I've got Smile

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum