Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionWhat's with the article section? EmptyWhat's with the article section?

more_horiz
I wanted to link to one of the users having problems with building a deck Neko's deckbuilding gude, I can't seem to find the Article section for some reason. Anyone knows what happen to it?

descriptionWhat's with the article section? EmptyRe: What's with the article section?

more_horiz
Admins archieved it.

descriptionWhat's with the article section? EmptyRe: What's with the article section?

more_horiz
May I know why? And if there is a chance of it coming back? It has lot of well made articles about the game, would be a shame for it to be basketed.

more_horiz
cause was useless tbh. was a dead zone of the forum. so admins basketed it.

more_horiz
All of the articles in that section are out-dated and doesn't fit the current meta game. We also don't have people capable of updating or writing content to replace or edit the older articles, hence we decided to remove the section for now.

I won't say it is permanent, but I'll say there is a pretty low chance of it coming back shall we not find people capable of writing solid articles.

more_horiz
Could you at least pick the ones whom teach people "general" things and allow them to be viewed? 
Things like TDP's Card Advantage and Nekro's Deckbuilding Guide are pretty good as learning material. Also the things irate done about reading card text.

more_horiz
I'm the one who archieved it lol.

more_horiz
Shame on you Centrik.

more_horiz
Oh well I don't even remember why I did that.

more_horiz
Anzo T. wrote:
All of the articles in that section are out-dated and doesn't fit the current meta game. We also don't have people capable of updating or writing content to replace or edit the older articles, hence we decided to remove the section for now.

I won't say it is permanent, but I'll say there is a pretty low chance of it coming back shall we not find people capable of writing solid articles.

I'm right here.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Anzo T. wrote:

I'm right here.

Go on then we're waiting, once your done post them in the general yugioh discussion section.

more_horiz
I can't I'm not a teacher

more_horiz
Rubbish excuse, You don't have to be a teacher (Plus that isn't even a thing anymore).

Or is this you hinting you want to be a staffer again but your not willing to help out unless you are given such a role? If so don't bother.

more_horiz
All good Articles don't need major fixing, only things worth editing are the parts with old draw system and everything mentioning field spells. Changing mentioned decks in those articles is not needed, as it does not matter what deck is used in example what matters is that it covered what had to be covered for players whom aren't familiar with the field of Yu-Gi-Oh! that article is about..

more_horiz
@Anzo T. move the articles section into the mod section please.

more_horiz
@Skitoritto I could pick a few of these articles and have them moved to the General YGO Discussion section if that's the case, but we cannot bring back the entire section knowing we won't be making any articles in the future.

@Linda-Senpai In case you haven't noticed we haven't got Teachers/Professors in DA no more. I cannot hire you solely because you're willing to write content. We have no plan for DA at the moment to resume our articles-writing activities, but I'll consider you shall we decide to be more active in this regard.

@Gnar Ask Train to move it to the Mods section, you can fish articles and move them to the General YGO Discussion forum to your liking.

more_horiz
Yeah the best method is to let N have a staff position and she'll do sh*t for you (y)

more_horiz
@Gnar: If I'm going to write deck guides for DA again, of course I want to be Teacher once again.

more_horiz
Anzo T. wrote:
@Skitoritto I could pick a few of these articles and have them moved to the General YGO Discussion section if that's the case, but we cannot bring back the entire section knowing we won't be making any articles in the future.

@Linda-Senpai In case you haven't noticed we haven't got Teachers/Professors in DA no more. I cannot hire you solely because you're willing to write content. We have no plan for DA at the moment to resume our articles-writing activities, but I'll consider you shall we decide to be more active in this regard.

@Gnar Ask Train to move it to the Mods section, you can fish articles and move them to the General YGO Discussion forum to your liking.

Maybe "assistant"  can replace that category. But I don't know if anzo wanna the articles back at 100% since people use Google.

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:
Anzo T. wrote:

Maybe "assistant"  can replace that category. But I don't know if anzo wanna the articles back at 100% since people use Google.

You're not going to find quality deck articles on Google.

more_horiz
I know but the Netdecking exists. Admins just do a poll or talk about it . etc

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
@Gnar: If I'm going to write deck guides for DA again, of course I want to be Teacher once again.

How about you just do them anyway? I did plenty of stuff for the community before I was staff, so did a few others.

more_horiz
Gnar wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

How about you just do them anyway? I did plenty of stuff for the community before I was staff, so did a few others.

Because there's a thing called edits. Teachers need their own sections, generally. Proof reading is a vital part of making something professional as well. Although Linda's grammar has got noticeably better since the old days.

If you remake the teacher role, I'll happily come back for it. More for theory than deck guides. Deck guides have never really been my style, ojamas and zombies aside.

more_horiz
I like the way a lot of you guys fucked off to fake DA and now that hasn't worked out your back here trying to Wessle your way back into the staff team etc.

Jjh you have already proved your not reliable enough, your was given charge of those story quiz things and how long did that last?

Also Vanity is a just a regular Slifer member and in his free time he writes up quizzes for the community without wanting to be staffer to do so.

more_horiz
Anyway this topic has served it's purpose and is heading towards a argument, so before this gets out of hand LOCKED.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply