Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionX saber Faultroll EmptyX saber Faultroll

more_horiz
Ok. Before I could care less but now I am just confused (after being called profanities multiple times in a single sentence).

So here I was, innocently playing with a test deck until the opponent summoned X saber Faultroll with "its own effect".

Can you do that?

"This card cannot be Special Summoned except while you control 2 or more face-up "X-Saber" monsters."

In my mind, nowhere on the card does it say that it is able to special summon itself like on the Six Sam cards. But the person I was facing was insisting on it.

Clear this up for me!!!X saber Faultroll 3294350614 (Please)

descriptionX saber Faultroll EmptyRe: X saber Faultroll

more_horiz
well if you jusr like that then it really doesent make sense but if you read whole text

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except while you control 2 or more face-up "X-Saber" monsters. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "X-Saber" monster from your Graveyard.

then it makes more sense

so becuase of that text it can SS itself in fact it can only be SS by its own effect and no other ways because of the except in the text so yes it SS it self

more_horiz
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except while you control 2 or more face-up "X-Saber" monsters. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "X-Saber" monster from your Graveyard.

But doesn't it sound more like a summoning condition rather than an effect? You say that it can't be special summoned any other way but it doesn't specify that in the text either. Here's what I think it can do:

You can't normal summon or set it.
You can ONLY special summon it if you have 2 or more "X-Saber" monsters. (Meaning that when you have 2 or more "X-Saber" monsters, you can special summon it through cards like "Monster Reborn" or "Call of the Haunted" but you can't special summon it with its own effect because it logically doesn't exist).

more_horiz
From whre exactly he summoned his faultroll? And did he have another faultroll on field? I need more info :D

more_horiz
nope its a summoning condition its the same as rainbow dragon's original text

rainbow dragon use to have (and still in most RL cards i believe)

this card cannot be normale summon or set. this card cannot be special summoned except by having 7 "crystal beast" mosnter with different names on your field and/or your graveyard.

new RD text is this

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 7 "Crystal Beast" cards with different names on your field or in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

so elts see if we can tinker with faultroll effect to make it more understandable to you

non tinkered effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except while you control 2 or more face-up "X-Saber" monsters.

tinkered effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card must be special summoned while you control 2 or more face-up "X-saer" monsters, and cannot be special summoned by other means.

understand it now?

more_horiz
Nope. Every website I've checked says differently and wikia says that it's a condition and not an effect Dx I should just avoide X-Sabers ._.

@LOKOS they special summoned it from their hand while have 2 X sabers on the field. Basically the great shogun shien maneuver.

more_horiz
He can summon him with that eff. Problem is in card text. Card text fails to mention of an ability that says that he can special summon himself.

more_horiz
He can only be special summoned from the hand and no where else. He isn't like those other cards that can be special summoned from somewhere after he was properly special summoned. (Ex. BLS/Chaos sorc/DAD/etc.)
It's an effect because Evolsaur Dolkka can negate it. Same thing goes for trag/gorz.
The card text is bad, I agree, because konami doesn't ever tell us what is what on these cards.

more_horiz
You can lock this now :3

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply