Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionX-Saber Pashuul EmptyX-Saber Pashuul

more_horiz
Can someone please confirm wether or not the controller of X-Saber Pashuul takes battle damage if Pashuul is attacked whilst in attack position by a stronger monster? the card text seems to be ambiguous.

descriptionX-Saber Pashuul EmptyRe: X-Saber Pashuul

more_horiz
Where's the ambiguous point ? If X-Saber Pashuul gets hit by a monster with higher attack, battle damage is calculated normally and while face-up in Defense Position the controller takes 1000 damage during each of the opponent's Standby Phases. Whether or not Pashuul is in Attack position damage is inflicted as it normally would, in both cases.

more_horiz
The ambiguity for me lies in the fact that other cards that are not destroyed by battle specifically say apply damage calculation as normal. This doesn't, and there is no official site that I can find that declares one way or the other. If the point of Pashuul is to stall the game until you can get other cards out, then allowing battle damge calculation seems to defeat his purpose.

more_horiz
^ there's no reason to write it anyway.The damage calculation just apply normally.The main idea of Pashuul is to give you 1more turn to get another saber and don't lose any lp.

more_horiz
Are you saying then that damage calculation applies to Pashuul but the controllers life points aren't effected by the battle? eg Gaia the Knight force of earth, atk/2600 atacks Pashuul, Atk/100 Pashuul isnt destroyed and the controller of Pashuul doesn't take a hit to his life points of 2500. and gets a chance to get a better monster out the next time?

more_horiz
Demosthenese wrote:
Are you saying then that damage calculation applies to Pashuul but the controllers life points aren't effected by the battle? eg Gaia the Knight force of earth, atk/2600 atacks Pashuul, Atk/100 Pashuul isnt destroyed and the controller of Pashuul doesn't take a hit to his life points of 2500. and gets a chance to get a better monster out the next time?

No, 2500 points of Battle Damage are inflicted normally if Pashuul's in Attack position. And by the way, there are very few cards having the extra effect you mentioned previously, common examples are Marshmallon and Spirit Reaper. They have part of the effect similar to Pashuul but still the player takes damage from their battle.

more_horiz
no i mean when u put it on defense position and its flipped by attack...that gives u 1more turn Wink

more_horiz
how is it flipped by attack, i must be missing something here.

more_horiz
when its atkd it gets flipped is what enigma is saying then u have 1 turn to get a x saber or u lose life points

more_horiz
What Enigma_m7 tries to say is that you don't take damage if Pashuul remains face-down Defense position, probably in case you Set it in your turn. In this way, you can stall for one turn without taking any damage and use Pashuul for a Synchro Summon next turn, or whatever else.

more_horiz
thanks very much gus for all your help, that clears it up. sorry I have been so slow.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply