Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Rise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+33
Alikaey
BladeSharkX
LethalAfterZ
Linda-Senpai
Tyrex
TagiruChikara
GTempest
Jaden_Yuki--
KEiho
Atheridis
Zane Truesdale
Hating~Metas
Sly
TheRingmaster
Eheroduelist
Th3 XonN
isetrh
thunder_lord
Potus Mat
Alderon9
The_Dutch_Prince
Dex
ap3
PabelFTW
blacktiger1
2ZO14
mimgrim
Nuran
Exiled
Train
CarlitoEQS
LòKóS
PowerNova
37 posters

descriptionRise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012) - Page 2 EmptyRise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Rise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012) - Page 2 Ruined_Tower_by_chibi__demon

Rise to the Top Tournament
Can't truly begin a new format without having a tournament, so without further adieu I present the Rise to the Top tourny in which you will face off against others in determining who has the best deck built for the new format. The tournament will begin with swiss rounds (determined by the amount of participants) followed by single elimination. I will explain the rules now.

Rules:

- The current banlist is in effect. Besides that, there are no other deck restrictions.
- Match duels, best 2/3. Deck changing is only permitted between matches during the swiss rounds. Prior to the last round of swiss, decklists will be sent to me via pm and will no longer be changed.  
- Any and all disputes will be pm'ed to me. I will seek the help of a DA Judge in any case I cannot handle.
- Zero tolerance for cheating. If caught, you will be disqualified immediately. If you believe the opponent has/is cheating, pm me with screenshots for proof.
- Only register if you can afford the time. I will not hesitate to drop anyone due to inactivity without a valid excuse.
- There will be 5 rounds of swiss followed by single elimination rounds.
- Participants will be given 4 days during each round to contact each other and set up a match. If not done, active participants will be given the win, just pm me, I will verify.

Prizes:
1st Place: 1000 DP + Custom Bar
2nd Place: 800 DP
3rd Place: 500 DP

DA Name
DN Name
Timezone

Participants:
1. LOKOS (LOKOS, GMT+2)
{2. CarlitoEQS (CarlitoEQS, GMT-5) - Dropped}
3. train (kohiju, GMT-4.30)
4. Exiled108 (Exiled108, GMT-5)
5. Nuran [(DX)Nuran, GMT-5]
6. mimgrim (mimgrim, GMT-6)
7. 2Z014 (2Z014, GMT-6)
8. Pabel (Pabel, GMT-5)
9. ap3 (ap3, GMT-6)
10. Dexter Morgan (Dexter!Morgan, GMT-7)
{11. The_Dutch_Prince (Milliardo, GMT+1) - Dropped}
12. Alderon9 (darkM19, GMT-6)
{13. Potus Mat (Potus Mat, GMT+7) - Dropped}
14. thunder_lord (thunder-lord, GMT-5)
15. isetrh (isetrh, GMT-7)
16. Eheroduelist (Eheroduelist, GMT-5)
17. TheRingmaster (BankaiGenius, GMT-5)
18. Yamisly (Yamisly, GMT+/-0)
19. Hating~Metas (Rukiatsu, GMT-4)
20. Zane Truesdale (Cinderalla Man, GMT-4)
21. Atheridis (Athers, GMT+2)
22. KEiho (KEiho, GMT+2)
23. GTempest (GTempest, GMT-5)
24. TagiruChikara (TagiruChikara, GMT-6)
25. Jaden_yuki (Jaden_yuki, GMT-4)
26. Tyrex (Tyrax, GMT+5)
27. LoveTaker (thecicada, GMT+3)
28. Lethalafterz (Lethalafterz, -8 GMT)
29. BladeSharkX (BladeSharkX, GMT-5)
30. sakuraseason (sakuraseason, GMT+-0)

Round 1:
Yamisly vs. LOKOS [2-0, Yamisly]
2Z014 vs. train [2-0, Train]
TheRingmaster vs. LoveTaker [2-0, LoveTaker]
CarlitoEQS vs. Jaden_yuki [2-0, Jaden_yuki]
Lethalafterz vs. Hating~Metas (Inactive) [2-0, Lethalafterz]
Dexter M
organ vs. ap3 (Inactive) [2-0, Dexter Morgan]
Nuran vs. mimgrim [2-1, mimgrim]
Pabel (Inactive) vs. TagiruChikara [2-0, Tagiru]
Potus Mat (Drop) vs. isetrh [2-0]
The_Dutch_Prince vs Alderon9 (Inactive) [2-0, TDP]
GTempest vs. Tyrex [2-1, GTempest]
Eheroduelist vs. Atheridis (Inactive) [2-0, Eheroduelist]
Exiled108 vs. KEiho [2-1, Exiled108]
sakuraseason vs. thunder_lord [2-0, sakuraseason]
Zane Truesdale vs. BladeSharkX [2-0, Zane Truesdale]

Round 2:
Yamisly vs. sakuraseason [2-1, sakuraseason]
Lethalafterz vs. Zane Truesdale [2-0, Lethalafterz]
Dexter Morgan vs. train [2-1, train]
The_Dutch_Prince vs. LoveTaker [2-1, TDP]
GTempest vs. Jaden_yuki [2-1, GTempest]
Eheroduelist vs. mimgrim [2-0, Eheroduelist]
Exiled108 vs. TagiruChikara(Inactive) [2-0, Exiled108]
isetrh vs. 2Z014 [2-0, isetrh]
TheRingmaster vs. Alderon9 [Double Loss]
Tyrex vs. thunder_lord(Inactive) [2-0, Tyrex]
Nuran vs. Atheridis(Inactive) [2-0, Nuran]
Pabel vs. KEiho [2-1, Pabel]
LOKOS vs. BladeSharkX [Double Loss]
Hating~Metas vs. ap3 [Double Loss]

Round 3:

Lethalafterz vs. Exiled108(Inactive) [2-0, Lethalafterz]
GTempest (Inactive) vs. train [2-0, train]

Eheroduelist vs isetrh [2-1, isetrh]
2Z014 vs. Atheridis (Inactive) [2-0, 2Z014]
TagiruChikara vs. thunder_lord [Double Loss]
BladeSharkX vs. TheRingMaster [Double Loss]

Alderon9 vs. Lokos (Drop) [2-0, Alderon9]
ap3 vs. Tyrex [Double Loss]
Hatin~Metas vs. Jaden_yuki [Double Loss]
mimgrim vs. Zane Truesdale [2-1, Zane Truesdale]
sakuraseason vs. LoveTaker [2-0, LoveTaker]
Yamisly vs. Pabel [2-0, Yamisly]
Dexter Morgan vs. Nuran [2-0, Nuran]
KEiho (Bye)

Top 8 Single Elimination
Round 1:

Exiled108 vs. train [2-0, train]
isetrh vs. Alikaey [2-0, isetrh]
Sly vs. Nuran [2-0, Sly]
Eheroduelist vs. N [2-0, N]
Lethalafterz (Drop)

Semi-Finals:
train vs. isetrh [2-1, train]
Sly vs. N [2-0, N]

Finals:
1st & 2nd: train vs. N [2-1, N]
3rd: isetrh vs. Sly [2-1, Sly]

1st Place:

N (1000DP + Custom User Bar)
2nd Place:
train (800DP)
3rd Place:
Sly (500DP)

*Finals will end as soon as both matches are completed.  
* This tournament is open to all dorm members and teachers.
* I will update this post with any changes with a notification post within the thread.
COMPLETED: 5/26/12

Last edited by PowerNova on Mon May 28, 2012 2:35 am; edited 77 times in total

descriptionRise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Rise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012)

more_horiz
So Nova, let me get this straight. People are allowed to switch decks during swiss?

descriptionRise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Rise to the Top Tournament (Completed 5/27/2012)

more_horiz
Carlito, are you sure? Post again to confirm please.

Yes Exiled, I am allowing deck editing/deck changing during the swiss rounds. Unless the majority has an objection to it, I see no problem with this. As stated, prior to the last round of swiss, each participant will send a decklist that will remain as their deck of choice for the remainder of the tournament.

For a chance to have more join, I will be extending the registration deadline for another week. There will be no more extensions. First post has been updated to reflect this.

more_horiz
Is rule sharking counted as cheating? Also, does anything special happen if there is a draw?

more_horiz
I don't wanna drop from the tournament. Is that a problem?

more_horiz
isetrh wrote:
Is rule sharking counted as cheating? Also, does anything special happen if there is a draw?

Rulesharking is a players right to enforce the rules of the game or the precise requirements that need to be met for a certain card to resolve correctly. For example Mind Crush. Often times people say BLS ( and yes we all know what they mean ) but still in actual rules this is not correct. So no, rulesharking isn't considered cheating EVER, however it will be perceived as annoying and won't create an opening for popularity, but if you aren't aiming for that sir, you should be good to go.

As for the actual tournament, when will it start?

more_horiz
@ TDP - im guessing at least a day after registration close

*Registration will end on Sunday, April 1st @ 11:59PM (GMT-5).

more_horiz
didnt blacktiger say goodbye to all of this

more_horiz
@ isetrh: As TDP has already touched base on, no rulesharking is not considered cheating but doing so heavily is frowned upon due to the problems it can cause. Obviously, use common sense here.

@ Carlito: You are not dropping from the tournament is what I'm understanding from your last post, which is fine.

@ Everone: The tournament will begin April 2nd.

@ Thunder: I will be dropping him. Thanks for pointing it out.

more_horiz
Thnx PowerNova

NO DOUBLE POSTING

Good, April 2nd, that means I'll be able to watch WrestleMania!!!

more_horiz
the countdown has begun in 4 days the turny shall begin

more_horiz
Do i still have Room?

DA Name& Dn name : KEiho Gmt +2

more_horiz
Yes there is room Keiho.

more_horiz
@ The_Dutch_Prince: Sorry for the noobish question. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

more_horiz
It is all good, especially since you have gotten my interest at the moment. Simply because you are asking a question that holds a rather obvious answer ( well at least for myself ) and yet you are asking a question which would indicate you yourself knows every little detail of most of the rulings out there for this game.

You have my key interest from this moment on sir.

more_horiz
Last day of registration will be tomorrow. If no one registers today, we may very well kick this thing off tomorrow.

*Original post updated with prizes.

more_horiz
You posted prizes already? I dont see them...

Edit: Oh now i see them :D

more_horiz
Plz message me when this officially kicks off. I cant wait!

more_horiz
I will send a message to all participants once it kicks off.

more_horiz
Aight might as well sign up since you're having trouble getting this started i'll be sure to get others to join aswell.

What is an ideal Number for you?

more_horiz
Dat Nova hosting a tourny?! Are people like me allowed to join?! If so

Da/DN Name: GTempest.
Timezone: GMT -5

more_horiz
I, Tagiru, shall join this tournament as well! :D
My first tournament, so cool! :D

timezone; GMT -6

more_horiz
@ Jaden: Any number is fine, I will end registration tomorrow by midnight no matter what. Does your post count as you joining?

@ Tempest: Always my nicca.

Original post updated.

more_horiz
Tyrex
Tyrax
Eastern Standard Time

more_horiz
LoveTaker
thecicada
gmt+3

more_horiz
You should add that we are allowed to switch decks during swiss in the rules.

more_horiz
Thanks for the reminder. Done.

more_horiz
put me in

gmt - 8

Last edited by L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Count me in
DN name: BladeSharkX

GMT -5 (EST)

more_horiz
DA Name sakuraseason
DN Name sakuraseason
Timezone 0

more_horiz
Original post updated. Deadline for registration has been changed to Sunday, April 1st @ 8:59PM (GMT-5). By 9:30-10PM, I will have updates to include pairings, any unlisted rules, etc. that is pertinent to the tournament. Good luck everyone.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply