Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Old Chatbox / with a twist of Amy

+7
BlackLeg-Sanji
PowerNova
Dex
Jaden_Yuki--
Exiled
LethalAfterBan
Amy Kool
11 posters

descriptionOld Chatbox / with a twist of Amy EmptyOld Chatbox / with a twist of Amy

more_horiz
well ya, we have major problem embedding chats from other servers since it slows down the site. This is standard forumotion default one which has most pluses.

1. You can login or logout if you want.
2. username's are synced with forum since the chat is on our forums server
3. it uses all forums options such as smileys.

And now, since it was useless in portal, I wrote some code for it to look like facebook chat but made it wider so we can scroll less :D

if someone did not see some images on the site like edwards tag in gfx section that was caused by last chatbox which is in trash now :D

Enjoy Duel Academy!

Sincerely,

Amy - your code mistress

descriptionOld Chatbox / with a twist of Amy EmptyRe: Old Chatbox / with a twist of Amy

more_horiz
why are you so awesome

descriptionOld Chatbox / with a twist of Amy EmptyRe: Old Chatbox / with a twist of Amy

more_horiz
it's in her programming :$

more_horiz
This is the best chat ever. thank you amy. you are the greatest person ever. no amy didn't put me up to this. and no she did not tell me to say that. or that. or, that.

more_horiz
i eat code, i spit code.

more_horiz
If I see someone not quoting my previous awesome post you could earn a warning or two.

Amy never lies, she will ban you forever if you disobey her, I have seen it done.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
i eat code, i spit code.

I bet no other forumotion has this one :D
*claps* 1 cookie for you, Amy Razz

more_horiz
Thanks Amy. New chat is nice, way better than the old one.

more_horiz
Old version was cooler tho o_o this one is too big cant'n'roll on da page but last one caused problemas as we see anyways still good work Amyoo

more_horiz
Chat Update: People complained about huge size of the chat. There you go now, there is a button for Slim Version too Wink

Currently you will have to click on that button to slim down the chat every time you open and close it. I don't have time now i must go, but tonight I will probably code it to be permanent so that you click it just once Old Chatbox / with a twist of Amy 3974120512

more_horiz
Good work, now if only ppl would get on the chat when I'm on :///

more_horiz
We had like 12 people on it last night (12am) my time

more_horiz
Old chat got 21 ppl without a sweat but this new(forumotion original) doesnt have noone there so sawd

more_horiz
Wtf are you talking about 21 people? No it didn't.. And a bunch of us were on it last night

more_horiz
you have to know that the last chat did not have so much power like forumotion chat. none external chat can integrate so much with our forum than our own chat that forumotion enabled us to use.

That bumpin chat had every single member that had IP presence on DA automatically put into chat. many ppl were on it and did not even know they were logged in to chat. also guests that don't have account and visit DA are like 6-7 in average so that added the count go up too. Also, every time you open up some DA post in a new tab (like I do when i see new posts, I open up like all new posts in new tabs and then browse each one of them -> this would add many Amy's to the chat. To sum it up, no ppl could be on the chat and it would be able still to say like 30 ppl on chat lol.

Now this one actually counts only ppl who talk there, which has better point. only flaw is that we cannot private message but ya, you can always say get on DN i wanna tell you something in private Razz

To be honest last night there were even too much ppl online. Its not good when 10 ppl talk at once Razz

more_horiz
LethalAfterZ wrote:
Wtf are you talking about 21 people? No it didn't.. And a bunch of us were on it last night

You are to stupid wont even start with u would ban ya if i have the powah

Amy Cool wrote:
you have to know that the last chat did not have so
much power like forumotion chat. none external chat can integrate so
much with our forum than our own chat that forumotion enabled us to use.

That bumpin chat had every single member that had IP presence
on DA automatically put into chat. many ppl were on it and did not even
know they were logged in to chat. also guests that don't have account
and visit DA are like 6-7 in average so that added the count go up too.
Also, every time you open up some DA post in a new tab (like I do when i
see new posts, I open up like all new posts in new tabs and then browse
each one of them -> this would add many Amy's to the chat. To sum it
up, no ppl could be on the chat and it would be able still to say like
30 ppl on chat lol.

Now this one actually counts only ppl who
talk there, which has better point. only flaw is that we cannot private
message but ya, you can always say get on DN i wanna tell you something
in private Razz

To be honest last night there were even too much ppl online. Its not good when 10 ppl talk at once Razz

Well ya noticed this thingy when open up 2nd tab in DA it relog u in and make from 1 person 2 what's bad lol kinda every chat that is added from different site makes this thing but not Forumotion chat doesnt do it as we heard from ya. Anyways keep ur eyes open maybe u find a betta chat than forumotion one.

more_horiz
silence Leg.

more_horiz
Chat update: As promised, chat now remembers your wanted size. If you use slim version you will not have to click on it every time you open it, it will always be slim for you until you make it default again.

Enjoy!

more_horiz
Amy don't double post

more_horiz
hey nice chat version Surprised ...

its very handy like this ...

more_horiz
One more size added, smaller than the last one Smile

Now when you click on RESIZE button you have full, middle and small sizes

more_horiz
o: why u so pro with this stuff. Anyways good work Coding Mistress

more_horiz
Its what I do for life. spit code.

more_horiz
Update:

Some of you may have noticed that the chat closes itself down every time you go to another tab and it gets annoying opening it up again and again.

From now you don't have to deal with it because I have dealt with it once forever Old Chatbox / with a twist of Amy 3603946073

The chat will stay open if you leave it open. However that can be also annoying if you are browsing many pages of DA at once checking new stuff and you don't want to opened chat in every page just the one you were talking so I have dealt with it too. The chat will only stay open on page you left it open ^^

Enjoy and give me some suggestions if you want, point out flaws if there are. I want to make it better and I have few things in mind like sound and stuff but first I'll try to get number of online members to display next to "open chat" so that you always know if someone is there or not without opening it Wink

more_horiz
Well, I myself don't really use the chat at all but good job nonetheless o:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum