Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCrystal Beasts (aims to win) EmptyCrystal Beasts (aims to win)

more_horiz
Hey all, here is the crystal beast deck I have been brewing. Let me know your guys thoughts and suggestions.

Monsters
3 Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus
3 Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger
3 Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle
3 Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth
1 Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise
2 Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings
2 Summoner Monk

Spells
3 Ancient City Rainbow Ruins
3 Crystal Blessing
3 Crystal Release
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Rare Value
2 Terraforming
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole

Traps
3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck
3 Number 39: Utopia
3 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
3 Grenosaurs

Side Deck
Nothing (need help with this.)

So basically this is a control deck. It uses Rainbow Ruins to control the board and act as an engine to fuel your presence. Crystal blessing is to recycle crystal beasts in the yard so you can keep negating spells and traps that scare you. Crystal Release adds power to the deck and some consistency. It nets you another crystal beast in the back row and powers up your monsters (this is much needed as many monsters in the deck are weak). The Xyz monsters add power that Crystal Beast monsters lack and can be used for numerous situations. Leviathan goes toe to toe against stronger monsters. Utopia helps you stabilize. Grenosaurs is able to get in some damage even if the monster is in DEF position. Compulsory Evacuation device takes care of Opposing Synchros (Crystal Beast decks have always had problems with them). Dragon Queen nets you card advantage and takes away options from your opponent. It is a beater that keeps coming back and can be defensive when needed. Summoner Monk makes for some insane first turn plays almost always guaranteeing a Pegasus early. It also makes use of dead spells in the hand and allows you to SS Carbuncle for her ability. Not to mention it makes getting monsters for Xyz summoning a breeze. Please let me know what you guys think. I am open to any recommendations

Crystal Beasts (aims to win) SxKIa

descriptionCrystal Beasts (aims to win) EmptyRe: Crystal Beasts (aims to win)

more_horiz
u need hamon for any crystal beast deck

more_horiz
Crystal Beast deck aimed to win without Crystal Abundance o.O unheardof...

more_horiz
hamon VS dragon queen the winner will be hamon XD so replace her with hamon also srsly no crystal abundance O___O put that card in there and try out soime rykos for some milling power

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
hamon VS dragon queen the winner will be hamon XD so replace her with hamon also srsly no crystal abundance O___O put that card in there and try out soime rykos for some milling power

This is a control deck. Hamon is bad in this case. The deck wants CB in the back row for rainbow ruins to be effective. Hamon clears the back row, and is counter productive to the strategy. He just gets bottomless trap holed or Torrential tributed and wastes the CB in the back row. He also has no controlling aspects, as he does not net you card advantage or take away the opponents options. I have thought about crystal abundance. I just don't like it because it destroys your rainbow ruins. Abundance just doesnt really fit the style or strategy of the deck. I might consider a few in the SD but I want to hear some other opinions of a SD first.

more_horiz
Normally i would say play a few diamond dudes but you don't play any of the good CB normal spells =/ . I never really know the strategy of a deck for sure unless i duel it so maybe we can duel some time and work things out =)

more_horiz
at first i saw that there is no rainbow dragon so i thought this deck is really bad, but now i feel really ashamed. thanks for letting me see that side of me. anyways you also have a good point about hamon. it can be destroyed so fast, but what is about what you said is crystal abundance. you can use crystal abundance to go for the kill if you want to try to give it a shot, but it is up to you to decide. so yeah you can put it in the side deck but i recommend ya to put it main. think about it. you go defense the whole time until BAM! crystal abundance! totally throws off your opponents game and mind fucks them to make a unexpectedly strong offense. just gotta love the surprise attack.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply