Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

The march banlist

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+16
Enigma_m7
RebornShadow
the jancook
Ray1500
Amy Kool
Train Heartnet
ALu
masterkoitsu
EJ
Solymero
Anzo
s{EX} Chaos Magician
Moody
The DuelisT Karim
Kira Amadeus
BliTz
20 posters

descriptionThe march banlist EmptyThe march banlist

more_horiz
so.. new banlist is comin in march

what card should be hit
what should not be hit
what card deserve a ban and what dont

in my mind.. i think dandylion or lonefire should be lmiit since the theme offers way too much options and destructive power. Royal Tribute should be limit also.. and HS should be back to limit cuz ppl are starting to rely on huge backrows for their wins

so what do u think.. plz respect others opinions and be civilized

descriptionThe march banlist EmptyRe: The march banlist

more_horiz
Dandylion should stay semilimited and lonifire they aren't that much of a thread
We should get :D pot of greed limited :D

more_horiz
I Think HS Should stay banned and Pot of greed back to limed Dandylion must be limed and maybe Cold wave or giant tornado should be banded darksoul and faultroll have to semi limed or limed royal Tribute must be ban/limed that all i think.

descriptionThe march banlist Empty:D

more_horiz
Kira Amadeus wrote:
Dandylion should stay semilimited and lonifire they aren't that much of a thread
We should get :D pot of greed limited :D

Imagine wwe get Pot of greed limited, it will be Badly abused :D

more_horiz
Forbidden

Cold Wave
Dark Hole

Limited

XX-Saber Dark Soul
Magician of Faith
Heavy Storm
Gravekeeper Recruiter
Gravekeeper Descendant
Royal Tribute

Semilimited

Pot of Duality
Necrovalley
XX-Saber Faultroll
Debris Dragon
Shien's Smoke Signal
Gateway of The Six
Solemn Warning
Royal Oppression
Destiny Draw

Unlimited

Snipe Hunter
Mystical Space Typhoon

more_horiz
kc is making too much off duality i doubt they'll do anything to that xD, what about GKz and Glads tho ?

more_horiz
Forbidden:
Dark hole
Monster reborn

Limited / semilimited
Caius
Debris
Ryko
D-prison
Solemn warning
Blackrose dragon
Brionac
x-saber Faultroll
x-saber darksoul
BW Blizzard

unlimited:
non , they are perfect this way

P.S : my bad list sux ._.

more_horiz
For some reason I don't think they unbanned monster reborn/Dark hole to ban them again soon. But for Darksoul he should get limited/semi limited ... I don't think x-sabres will get a hit but they will run slower if anything else get limited... btw My hope is that brio/goyo get semi limted , while for blackrose it will get semi limted for sure.

more_horiz
ya lol , i second that Monster Reborn and dark hole thingy xD

more_horiz
@MoBC : Cold wave : Cold wave isn't truly that broken to get banned, you can still chain to it..and its negative effect is that it doesn't allow its user to use spells/traps either.

I believe Pot of duality should get hit to either categories "Semi limited" or "Limited"..It was abused enough.
Dandylion Or Lonefire one of them should get hit too..I don't really need to talk about this.
If True Six Samurais hasn't just impacted the TCG, I'd say they should get hit too because the way they're dominating in OCG is just incredible.

that's what i can think of right now.

more_horiz
I agree with you Ej about cold wave.. but i think if they unban heavy storm , cold wave would either get banned or semi-limited (as konami either wanna keep the game balanced or wanna hit the spells and traps) {my opinion}. and for switching control there is a chance they would ban mind control as its getting abused , or unban brain control / and hopefully change of heart xD....

more_horiz
EJ wrote:
@MoBC : Cold wave : Cold wave isn't truly that broken to get banned, you can still chain to it..and its negative effect is that it doesn't allow its user to use spells/traps either.

I think that Cold Wave is an card more "dangerous " than Heavy strom. So Konami can do this:

Heavy Storm :arrow: Cold Wave

I do not think we'll see these cards together again. But Konami is characterized by the surprise, so that...

more_horiz
Idk wanna get involved into Heavy Storm vs Cold Wave arguement..
Anyway
My Expectations :
Banlist :
Dark Hole(should of never came back)
Monster Reborn(Same)

Limited :
Black Rose Dragon(Abused and raped)
Lonefire Blossom(slow Plants)
Royal Tribute(Probably not since GK does nothing in Japan)

Semi Limited :
Mezuki(1 Burial, 1 D.Draw, so no more D.Zombies)
Royal Oppression(More of lucky draw at 1, should be at 2)
Necro Guardna(too good at 3 but 2 is ok..I'm just wishing)
Icarus Attack(too good at 3, BW #2 in japan)
Debris Dragon(slow down Plants)
Ryko lightsworn Hunter(same as above and LS)
Royal Decree(Kills at 3)
Pot Of Duality(Still good but keeps decks that use at bay)
Formula Synchron(slow down fish, water based, and plant.)

Unlimited :
Bottomless Trap Hole(Doesn't have to many targets right now anyway and noone would use it n 3 and leave warningz)
Mystical Space Typhoon(Blind at 2 and not gonna be played at 3 anyways)
Snipe Hunter & Chaos Sorcerer (Useless to be semi-ed)

more_horiz
Blackwings and Plant Synchro is widely run in Japan Regionals because the duelists don't have to fear of Maxx C, which is a TCG exclusive card. There are honestly few ways to stop it but the plant strategy can be easily ruined with Chain Disappearance and Plants also have a response to that card which can be MST, Cold Wave and sometimes Seven Tools sided. I am not quite sure about the ban list I'd like to see in Konami's site in a month or so but I hope to use Heavy Storm again in my decks and finally put an end to my opponent's overextending as long as it concerns his/her backrow.

more_horiz
I would enjoy this format o.o :
Banned:
Cold Wave (way to broken)
Monster Reborn (Way to broken)

Limited to one:
Pot of Avarice (is broken in certain decks running 2 or 3)
Gateway of the Six Samurai (we all know why)

Semi:
Pot of Duality (2 is just less consistant than 3)
Solemn Warning (stun decks have way to much plus most people run 2 anyway)
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai (the new legendary guy is less broken)
Black Whirlwind (bw's need a comeback ffs)

more_horiz
Banned:

Cold Wave
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole

Limited:

Heavy Storm
Lonifere Blossom/ Dandylion
Solemn Warning
Black Rose Dragon

Semi-Limited:

Scrap Chimera (feel this one will get hit)
Formula Synchron (gives a lot of pluses)
Royal Tribute
Pot of Duality
Pot of Avarice
X-Saber Faultroll
X-Saber Darksoul
Gateway of the Six
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai

Unlimited:

Mystical Space Typhoon

Notes: Royal Oppression is way too broken to go more than 1.

more_horiz
From what I can see YCS Dallas Top 32 pairings had only one GK deck. I think this is not enough to place them on the potential banlist. Six Samurai are dominating the end of the format like Zombies few formats ago. I think if Konami does not want them to rule over next format then they should limit them a bit, at least to let other decks compete too. This is also in their interest so I believe they will get some limitations.

more_horiz
They defo want Six Samurais to dominate, they were just released in TCG.

more_horiz
restricting sams would be a smart move but when has konami made a smart decision they'll probably make some other absurd banned card limited

more_horiz
Pshh, Konami will Limit Imperial Order to stop Sams, duhrr. Lol, getting serious now, as YCS Dallas proved, Six Sams needs restricting. I'd say Semi or Limit Gateway.

more_horiz
Just i dueled irl yesterday with someone using a new six sams, they're swarming like a hell until i got otk 3rd turn if i'm not mistaken. Also they're too good and faster destroys my some backrow. So.. gateway should be limited imo.

more_horiz
For the record, YCS Dallas will have no impact on the banlist: Its already been made, its already printed, and it should be leaked on the 17th this week at the earliest. 21st if its not acquired beforehand. Just throwing that out there

Banned:
Cold wave (You know why)

Monster Reborn (You know why)

Giant Trunade (OTK enablers are bad for the game)

Mind Master (Because of the new Psyhic Support, and the card contributes to OTKs, which Konami doesnt like: The card shouldve been banned a long time ago, and now there is more reason to do it

Why Dark Hole will not banned: It punishes overextension, and is not as broken as it used to be. As of recent its mainly been used as 1 for 1. If you have overextended with no protection and haven't won yet, you deserve to lose that game.

Limited:
Lonefire Blossom/Dandylion/Black Rose Dragon/Formula Synchron (Plants are going to lose 1 card and its going to be one of these cards. Lonefire opens up many plays and deck thinning, dandy is effortless field advantage, Multiple Black Rose attract Bad plays and bad players, and Formula Generates too many pluses, especially in the OCG where they have librarian. Plants are still playable, at the same time are slowed down a tad.

Solemn Warning (Konami logic, The card doesnt need to be touched. However if this list were to come to pass, and with all the mass S/t removal gone, this becomes very possible)

Royal Tribute (I dont see this happening, its just something I want)

Gateway Of The Six (You know why. They dont need it to win, but still you get the point)

With possible throw ins being Tribe Infecting Virus because its not 2004 anymore and this card is no longer a threat, and Archlord Krystia because of Agents in the OCG making it more easy to summon and control the field.

Why Destiny Draw wont come back: Because Konami hates the Destiny engine, and how splashable it is. If it comes back good for them, if not you know why.

Semi Limited:

Six Samuari United (No real reason its just possible)

Mind Crush (See above)

Pot Of Duality (Konami Logic. It doesnt need to be touched, but it will be if Konami listens to all the bad people who cant afford it complaining about it.

Overall, most Semi limits are pointless0, and there isnt much to predict for it.

Unlimted:
Snipe Hunter (Its not a threat anymore, we have way better removal, and it depends on the dice roll: Its bad. Only deck this could probably be used in is fabled, and that too isnt much of a threat

Ultimate Offering (If Heavy storm were to come back or trunade stays. It does nothing regardless)

Bottomless Trap Hole (This card is not as good as it used to be, and has no affect on the format in the TCG, OCG or the decks that are to be competitive within a span of the next format. Plus it would make up for the lack of Solemn Warning if its limited

Why MST (possibly) will stay at 2: This depends on person to person, but to put it simply, think of it this way: Do you want to play in a format, where theres a possibility of even more Blind Msting than there is now. Not that its likely to happen, but the things people do in this game *facepalm*. I honestly dont mind either way, as I will still be playing 2, and side the 3rd in case sams dont get hit or anything else thats a problem.

Now to close up some loose ends:

Why X-Sabers wont be touched: Because if you take out Cold wave/Giant Trunade, they are not a problem anymore. Remember X-sabers only have 1 play, and to secure that 1 play they have play so defensively if they didnt draw the nuts opening, and use Cold Wave/Trunade to secure that play. With these things gone, I can secure my plays much easier. Only thing they could possibly do is to do something about faultroll, but like i said, take out wave/trunade and doesnt matter

more_horiz
Sabers can still secure their plays with trap stuns ._. but yeah your ban list and reasons are reasonable for me.

more_horiz
Reasonale ban list , but i don't think they wil bad any thing related to Six Samurai ...

more_horiz
They wont but they should. There were so many bad SS players at Dallas, it blew my mind. Nizar deserved to win, he was one of the few who knew what he was doing. Even though Dallas doesnt affect the ban list, it showed that Gateway is a problem. Like I said it wont mater much, because they dont need it to win, but it still slows them down. Regardless theres Shiens Dojo that was just released in the OCG, which makes just about any hand playable. So it shouldnt matter much what happens to gateway. On that note tha Sam matchup is easy for me, because I practiced a lot before hand, and im comfortable with it. However I am pissed if I have to play that deck all day long.

more_horiz
Yugi Muto wrote:
Reasonale ban list , but i don't think they wil bad any thing related to Six Samurai ...

We still can hope for that because they will dominate the format (giving me 1 more reason to hate them). We can also hope Sabers to get hit but really that not gonna happen. I pretty much agree with Reborn's ban list predictions but still Konami can surprise us at anytime, we will have to wait and see. And i still hope for Magician of Black Chaos to get unbanned, he is not broken at all, just ban the broken targets he has and done.

more_horiz
on the final :

^ ya he makes some great draws.So Gateway should be limited or else the sams just will rule till September :suspect:

more_horiz
I think Konami will limit them a bit, not too much but just a bit so that the won't be only deck used till september. It is nonsense not to touch them because they won't make money only on six sams.

more_horiz
Here is a pretty good ban list prediction:

Banned:

Cold Wave
Giant Trunade
Mind Control
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn

Limited:

Lonefire Blossom
Debris Dragon
Royal Tribute
Heavy Storm
Brain Control (for some weird reason plus Book of Moon that is played at 3)
Caius the Shadow Monarch (I agree with that, Caius is broken)
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (for some reason like Cyber Dragon at 3 and killing machine decks)

Semi-Limited:

Spirit Reaper
Wulf, Lightsowrn Beast
Mezuki
Black Rose Dragon (Still playable but not that explosive)
Emergency Teleport
Necro Gardna
Faultroll
Fullhelmknight
Destiny Draw (not gonna happen really because apperantly Konami hates the engine)
Transmigration Prophecy
Six Samurai United
Gateway of the Six Samurai

Unlimited:

Snipe Hunted
Megamorph
Mystical Space Typhoon (reason Six Samurai's big plays and combos, plus it lost popularity this format with all the backrows)

And just reminding that this is not my predictions for the next ban list, just a list that is pretty good and I agree with the most of it.

more_horiz
Train spirit reaper at 2 ? and mezuki 2 that won't happen i think zombies will come again to dominate Smile)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply