Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

March 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+43
Nuran
LegendaryFrost
! High Dutchman Gianus
Danny951
BGizzel
vem123
brandy263
Atheridis
FenixFX
VantageSP
Enigma_m7
The_Dutch_Prince
Potus Mat
RebornShadow
Doctor Who
DesignerDrugs
BlackLeg-Sanji
Bluecheese
Lancelot
Nova Flare
MUFC
PabelFTW
Train
kiryu111
Jaden_Yuki--
Dex
Eheroduelist
yami_ryuma
Neji
Tragedy
PhantomX
Johan
darkness evil
immajaden13
Amy Kool
Train Heartnet
Shadow
Exiled
Harbinger
Loto Drandel
LethalAfterBan
Typical Jew™
mimgrim
47 posters

descriptionMarch 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion  EmptyMarch 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion

more_horiz
so whta do think will get hit by ban list? now im not asking what you want but what you think though you can also list what you want as i will list what i think will get hit and what i want to get hit XD

what miht get hit
banned
BLS-EOTB - this guy will either get banned or will saty limited for ever i think XD
monster reborn - TBH it is a rather good card that doeent require a cost
brionac - also good card and pertty powerful though chances are low
limited
evolzr laggia - this guy is basicly a walking solemn judgment without having to pay half your LP
inzektor hornet - obvious reason is obvious
wind-up mouse, or wind-up hunter, or wind-up zenmighty - same as above
semi-limited
rescue rabbit

anther thing to consider is that normaly TCG ban list is same as OCG one

what i want to get hit
banned
none
limited
E-hero abs zero - hes like a unlimited rageki break as is
evolzar laggia
maxx "c"
semi limited
super poly - the fact that its unchanable eman nothing to you?
veiler
burial from the DD

so your thoughts on what you think will get hit and what you want to get hit?

descriptionMarch 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion  EmptyRe: March 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion

more_horiz
if monster reborn is being hit then premature burial maybe being limited cuz its monster reborn with a cost. mind control banned because it can be used for xyz and synchros, red eyes darkness metal dragon semi-limited at least it is a beast card

descriptionMarch 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion  EmptyRe: March 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
so whta do think will get hit by ban list? now im not asking what you want but what you think though you can also list what you want as i will list what i think will get hit and what i want to get hit XD

what miht get hit
banned
BLS-EOTB - this guy will either get banned or will saty limited for ever i think XD
monster reborn - TBH it is a rather good card that doeent require a cost
brionac - also good card and pertty powerful though chances are low
limited
evolzr laggia - this guy is basicly a walking solemn judgment without having to pay half your LP
inzektor hornet - obvious reason is obvious
wind-up mouse, or wind-up hunter, or wind-up zenmighty - same as above
semi-limited
rescue rabbit

anther thing to consider is that normaly TCG ban list is same as OCG one

what i want to get hit
banned
none
limited
evolzar laggia
maxx "c"
semi limited
super poly - the fact that its unchanable eman nothing to you?
veiler
burial from the DD

so your thoughts on what you think will get hit and what you want to get hit?

Terrible predictions.. wtf I don't even.. Absolute Zero? Really? Rolling Eyes

more_horiz
here are my views, although it's not much

what might get hit

Rescue Rabbit (way broken, used with ANY normal monster combo for xyz, from Evolzar to GB Essedari, etc)(banned at worst)

Wind-Up Factory (effect is crazy as heck, almost like Gateway of the Six, just not as broken)(limited at worst)

Evolzar Laggia (solemn judgment effect by using up both materials)(semi-limited at worst)

Leviair (broken as well when used in combination on rescue rabbit)(limited at worst)

Brionac (effect is nasty game changer, especially if controller has a big hand to dump to grave, not likely but possible to get banned)

Lonefire Blossom (that card became more broken when reduced to 1, but who knows what will happen) (banned at worse)

Glow-Up Bulb (this card is semi broken in a sense due to just milling a card to get it out of the grave to set up killer moves (Formula + Hyper Librarian combo for one)(limited at worst)

What may get eased up on (go down from ban to limited or whatever)

Chaos Emperor Dragon (considering there are ways to stop his effects, he's not broken at all

Goyo Guardian (not likely to happen, but with the Xyz out, he doesn't seem as bad a threat, but who knows)(limited at best)

Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En (same as Goyo reasoning) (semi-limited at best)

Brain Control (not really as broken as Mind Control, since Mind Control can take face downs to use flip effects/flipped face-up effects) (limited at best)

Primal Seed (not really broken even with BLS Envoy back in action...)(semi-limited at best)

It's just my guesses so I'm sure they're not the best, but it's just my thoughts, being gone for a while doesn't help either lol

more_horiz
Chaos Emperor Dragon isn't broken? Please leave, and think about what you said there. And then come back.

more_horiz
Totes agreeing with Z...
Chaos Emp:

Summon, call prio.
Game.

horribly, all of your predictions will not happen.
Rabbit maybe to 2 or 1, but goyo? Goyo was banned due to him being able to get over everything. (2800 beater over a shi-en... take shi-en...?)

Shi-En at 2-3? Nononono.
Shi-en was limited because if you popped out two of him and one great shogun shien, it was game.

Heros suck, nothing of theirs is getting hit.

(hero beat is good.. but it's not pure hero)

Monster Reborn? nonono
BLS? nonono

They bring things back to keep them for a while.
What, monster reborn just came back like... 2-3 formats ago or something?
Mystical maybe down to 2, heavy (might) get banned again.

For teh lulz:

Bring back yata d;

more_horiz
reason with BLS-EOTB, and monster rebron might have a chance to get banned is well im sure konami has been known to like limit a ban card one format and then ban it again next format (or at least semil-limited a limited card then limited it back next format) but reason that they might get banned though is beuase they can create unfair advateges at times as if you think about...

BLS-EOTB - sure he is easier to get rid of nowadays but that doesent mean he still not a bit OPed at least as his banish effect is a suped up version of chaos sorc (due tot he fact he can banish face down monsters) and the fact that he can attack again if he destroyed an opponets monster can lead up to big play but im not saying i want him to get banned im saying he might

as for monster reborn - you get a card from your graveyard or your opponets graveyard with out a cost what so ever O_O that right there would be the reason it got banned

yes lethal i want to see abs zero banned heros might not be topping or used alot in RL but it is freaking easy just to mkae a partial hero deck just to use him ._. and like i said hes a unlimited ragakie break :/

more_horiz
Zero isnt hard to get around at all, the fact that you want to limit Maxx "C" and Semi Veiler shows that you want the format to be spam crazy. Super Poly is never used, only in hero's (which are never used). Burial being limited would give every RFG deck a new win condition, i.e. Agents, Chaos and even Psychics would become somewhat viable. Inzektors and Wind-Ups won't be killed, maybe Hornet Semi'd and Rat semi'd but other then that they won't be touched.

more_horiz
Ok so I didn't(and won't) read any of the above posts but what I hope for is

Royal oppression limited/semi
MST limited
Heavy banned
Cold wave limited
BLS Banned
MAXX "C" semi
Hornet limited/semi

and couple of random cards

more_horiz
Shadow wrote:

MST limited
Heavy banned
Cold wave limited

I will say only this No Fucking Way. 1 Cold Wave is uber Broken, creates OTK FTKs by itself when played D:. 2 It's so much better then Heavy Storm and Giant Trunade that it makes decks be build around it so that they can abuse it's power. Limiting MST are you insane? + you want Royal Oppression back to 2 again are you insane.

I agree that Inzectors need to be hit hard, wind-ups, rabbit will get banned (don't expect it t stay at . all) Lonefire or Dandylion might get hit, hitting Spore or Bulb is pointless. Tour Guide might get hit as a TCG exclusive exception, tengu might get hit hmmm nothing else worth mentioning. Oh yes Dark Worlds need a nurf as well.

more_horiz
I wont say anything to predictions or wants for banlist. Lets say I'll wait to be surprised March 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion  3603946073

more_horiz
i believe they will semilimit treeborn
just because i started using it

more_horiz
Shadow wrote:

MST limited
Heavy banned
Cold wave limited
BLS Banned
MAXX "C" semi
Hornet limited/semi

Shadow is asking for the Gayest format ever.

First turn rabbit, summon Laggia Set oppresion + 3-4 cards, win the game

more_horiz
darkness evil wrote:
Shadow wrote:

MST limited
Heavy banned
Cold wave limited
BLS Banned
MAXX "C" semi
Hornet limited/semi

Shadow is asking for the Gayest format ever.

First turn rabbit, summon Laggia Set oppresion + 3-4 cards, win the game

Yo, Shadow's post is one of the posts you just simply ignore.

more_horiz
Stupidest post I've seen Shadow make. Sad

more_horiz
immajaden13 wrote:
i believe they will semilimit treeborn
just because i started using it

Face to the Palm

more_horiz
My Turn to give a list,

Banned:
BLS/ but i really dont think itt will happen for some reason.

Sangan, They cant ban Tourguied, but they still take a look at tcg format and give them a slap on the wrist.

Dark Armed Dragon, (Depends since ORC is new they may not fully hit inzektor directly and since this card is playable in inzekts it may get hit). More info in Limited

Card Destruction, Darkworld, if they play this card its almost a 100% chance win for them.

Wind-Up Hunter, this kills the loop, but not the archtype, wind-up will be like plants but for Xyz not synchros, since they can go rank 3,4 and 5 easy.

Monster Reborn, its a really good card more explanation will come in Limited.

Limited.
Agent of Creation Venus, Limiting it makes u play less earth, which also makes u play less hyperion, u can play Jupiter, but this does slow down Agents play since its the Engine of the whole deck.

Rescue Rabbit/Laggia, its eaither or both, id like rabbit to get hit, the deck will still be playable and u can just use 2-3 Gold Sarco with 3 tgu, but it lowers the chances of opening Laggia and since i think Oppression will be limited, it will be really bad to open rabbit+ oppresion, laggia may not get hit, so u can play it with Jurrac and Evol decks.

Hornet/Dragonfly, id prefer dragonfly, but if they do hit inzekts they will probably hit Hornet, since its a new deck

Witch of the Black FOrest, since sangan is gone we need a different searcher, and also another reason to ban DAD.

Magician of faith, reborn is banned so not much to abuse with it, maybe PoA, but its just a thought.

if they dont ban Hunter, Zenmaighty/wind-up rat will get limited or the loop will be everywhere,

Royal Oppresion, also may or may not happen seeing we have Maxx "C" in 3's.

Goyo Gaurdian, its coming i have a strong feeling, but if they do, im assuming that Brio will get a ban, seeing XyZ are getting more popular by the day, they will need some synchro action.

Semi Limited,

MST, 3 is just eh, and u can play a dust tornado

Book of Moon, Stop inzektors, sycnhros, xyz, and Stun decks love em

Gale/Kalut, Some BW love, gale is more splashable than kalut, id like both to go to 2 seeing im a BW fan, Gale + Zeph combo is epic BRD out of no where is always fun

Garpha/ SNoww, Garpha is a real problem, and now with Trance Archfiend banishing it isnt always the answer, id prefer snow to get hit since it searches everything they need

Hyperion, its like the Mini-Light Version of DAD, its easy to summon and pops a card also being a 2700 beater is cool, Agents been around for a while so they gonna get hit.

Unlimited:
Destiny draw not much ppl use it no more.

Swords of reavling light, isnt a problem card really

Summoner Monk, Effect veieler and Maxx "c" make u go a -1 for nthn

well those are my thoughts i like my list tho :D

more_horiz
^

They should limit Wind-Up Zenmaine, though it won't happen 'cause it can your opponent could have nothing on their field and cause you to suicide something in your side of the field. :d

Gotta agree with Laggia, though. It's like a monster-version of Solemn Judgment except you don't lose LP.

Brionac should stay limited. Only loopholes I see are Dimensional Fissure and Banisher of the Light, then you can just use Veiler or Skill Drain to prevent this from happening.

No, keep MST at 3. Lol.

more_horiz
I agree with almost everything on your list but Rabbit, I think its only going to be limited at most. I love destiny draw, I really hope it goes to 2.

more_horiz
Exiled108 wrote:
I agree with almost everything on your list but Rabbit, I think its only going to be limited at most. I love destiny draw, I really hope it goes to 2.

destiny draw is already at 2 ._.

more_horiz
I said rabbit to 1 and D-draw to 3 Razz

more_horiz
You know what I meant, K hope d draw goes to 3

more_horiz
I don't care as long as they bring my dandy decks back to life D:<
And don't kill my Infernities..

more_horiz
They will not touch infernities imo. Destiny Draw to 3 and bring back my DmoC and I will be a happy black kitteh ^-^. Though rabbit is gonna get the bann hammah simply because it's too broken and it will join it's counterpart rescue cat. And DE if they bring back magician of fate and witch of the black forest we are doomed.

more_horiz
maybe 1 witch but ban sangan...
I'd lol.

more_horiz
banned :

dandy
sangan
probably librarian
BLS
pot of avarice
monster reborn
trish
zenmighty

limited :

hornet
necro gardna
spirit reaper
royal oppression
brain control (xD it wuld be a good choice to swap this one list only with mrb which is ultra broken )
witch of the black forest
rescue cat ( and ban rabbit )
laggia
dolkka
grapha/ snoww

semi limit :

judgment dragon
charge of the light brigade
kalut the moon shadow
icarus attacks
book of moon
formula synchron
rescue rabbit ( or maybe at limited or banned )
grapha/snoww
hyperion

Last edited by yami_ryuma on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
Shadow wrote:

MST limited
Heavy banned
Cold wave limited

I will say only this No Fucking Way. 1 Cold Wave is uber Broken, creates OTK FTKs by itself when played D:. 2 It's so much better then Heavy Storm and Giant Trunade that it makes decks be build around it so that they can abuse it's power. Limiting MST are you insane? + you want Royal Oppression back to 2 again are you insane.

what ive meant was either get oppression to semi/limited or mst to semi/limit i guess i was in a hurry heh ANWYAYS
March 1st 2012 Banlist Discussion  Hatereagle

more_horiz
My predictions:

Banned:

Rescue Rabbit

Limited:

Wind-up Zenmighty

Wind-up Hunter

Royal Oppression

Semi-Limited:

Wind-up Rat (/Limited)

Grapha (/Limited)

Hyperion (/Limited)

Inzecktor Hornet (/Limited)

Elemental HERO Absolute Zero

Masked Hero Acid (/Limited)

My wishes (but is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen):

Limited:

Pot of Greed (-waits for hating- Drawing is always nice imo)

Magician of Faith (^)

Semi-Limited:

Elemental HERO Stratos

"limited
semi limited
super poly - the fact that its unchanable eman nothing to you?"

I personally doubt they'll touch heroes, most I forsee is semi-limiting of Zero nd Masked Acid being either Limited/Semi'd,

and personally I don't run more than 2 Super polys either way

more_horiz
ur predictions are soooo unlikely to happen because it would be too good ...

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:

Semi-Limited:

Elemental HERO Stratos

"limited
semi limited
super poly - the fact that its unchanable eman nothing to you?"

Mhmmmm... Very wise words. =)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply