Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

ENOUGH!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Neji
Centrik
Anzo
The Brodie
Alisae
BlankGGA21
Atticus
Linda-Senpai
Olethros
Staxx
kyosuke kiryu
skeletronlord
Salader
CrimsonOverlord
18 posters

descriptionENOUGH!  - Page 2 EmptyENOUGH!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

ENOUGH!  - Page 2 8a4

We need to bring back DA at glory again. Anzo i think you should pass the torch to someone who cares about ygo and is willing to put in blood and effort to making DA shine. 

WE NEED A COMPLETE NEW REBOOT, so that we can be the nr1 place to come and duel.

It all starts with getting actual caring admins aboard.

LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK!

Last edited by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionENOUGH!  - Page 2 EmptyRe: ENOUGH!

more_horiz
What I'm saying is that we aren't a company. Nobody here is getting paid. This is a hobby for just about everyone here. Pumping out ideas for new stuff can't happen every day or every week even. 

Not only that, but if we do get an idea and try to make it practical the forum overall has to like it or else we are at square one. I'm saying stuff like that takes time.

more_horiz
Nuran wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Anzo i think you should pass the torch to someone who cares about ygo and is willing to put in blood and effort to making DA shine.

Believe me when i say this don't try to put so much time in this place its a complete waste of time

I know right, things before were good because everyone thought it was important, now that years have passed you think on why the fuck did you spend all the time doing stuff for DA without any purpose at all

more_horiz
I bet you wouldn't be saying that being an Admin is just monitoring things after being an Admin 10 days here. It's much more than that, you just don't know it.

more_horiz
But we're still no.1 academy, right?

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Thats why you have multiple people in staff, to work together towards a hard goal. Just cuz its hard, should we toss it aside and just do simple things? Anyway kk, obv my points arent getting through, i give up fam

Typically, in communities such as these, the first step to get things done as staff is to bring up the topic you want addressed. You want a new dueling league system? Sure, that's hard to do. But you make a topic in the staff section saying "We need to reconsider the old league system" and make some base proposals. You throw ideas together with the rest of staff.

I imagine what frustrates you lies in the follow-through, in that often a topic will be made, discussion will be had, no conclusions will be reached and nothing will change. My outlook on this has changed dramatically with experience, because as it turns out there is only one way these ideas get processed. You have to go project leader on this kind of thing. You put together a proposal for the implementation, weighing up the pros and cons of the system with respect to the old one, and then you pitch it to the admins. From your posts, I get the idea that you feel you and others lack the authority to simply implement these projects and get people working on them, but you do need a chain of command to pass things up to ensure that these projects are an achievable improvement over the previous system.

more_horiz
Don't touch me and Linda's mafia stuff. Otherwise idc what happens to this place.

more_horiz
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Nuran wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Anzo i think you should pass the torch to someone who cares about ygo and is willing to put in blood and effort to making DA shine.

Believe me when i say this don't try to put so much time in this place its a complete waste of time

I know right, things before were good because everyone thought it was important, now that years have passed you think on why the fuck did you spend all the time doing stuff for DA without any purpose at all

im pretty sure thats how amy feels about this place she spent the majority of her early 20's in this place doing ideas for this place like supreme king and duel leagues only for it to die a few months later honestly if your past your early 20's and you actually care about a forum who's owner abandoned it 6 years ago you need to reevaluate shit.

more_horiz
I just wanna riot and set stuff on fire....

viva la revolucion!!!!!1!!

more_horiz
Admins do care about this place, though the sole difference between Admins and Moderators is their group colors and access to AP. Most events are made and done outside of the AP, thus having access to the AP is not essential for a Mod to do his/her tasks. All staffers are equal in powers, though Admins will use their veto occasionally when another staffer screws up or simply someone needs to close some deal.

There is more than the eye can see. You just keep doing your job and you're set. It's not about 'We need Admins' or 'We need more Staffers'; it's more like 'We need to work better'. Though as Neji stated, this is not some sort of an organization where people are paid. Hence, no one is forced to do more than they are asked to. At any given point anyone can leave.

Jjh also explained things better than i ever could, there is a process for everything, and not just getting hyped concerning the situation or getting too emotional. It's all about how you approach things.

I'm going to close things now since It's all settled. You can continue this discussion the Staff sections if you still want to.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply