Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

ENOUGH!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Neji
Centrik
Anzo
The Brodie
Alisae
BlankGGA21
Atticus
Linda-Senpai
Olethros
Staxx
kyosuke kiryu
skeletronlord
Salader
CrimsonOverlord
18 posters

descriptionENOUGH!  EmptyENOUGH!

more_horiz
ENOUGH!  8a4

We need to bring back DA at glory again. Anzo i think you should pass the torch to someone who cares about ygo and is willing to put in blood and effort to making DA shine. 

WE NEED A COMPLETE NEW REBOOT, so that we can be the nr1 place to come and duel.

It all starts with getting actual caring admins aboard.

LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK!

Last edited by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionENOUGH!  EmptyRe: ENOUGH!

more_horiz
Lets kill Anzo

Salad4Admin

more_horiz
im supporting that idea!

...the "passing on the torch" not the "let's kill anzo".

more_horiz
No, it's you kill Anzo or nothing really....

more_horiz
Well anzo has become too busy now a days to barely come online, maybe give the rights to someone else?

more_horiz
yeah lets overthrow or kill Anzo. 

Having Anzo at the wheel is like having a blind guy running an art gallery

more_horiz
nah, dont be so mean

Last edited by skeletronlord on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Pass the rights to kyousuke or the oldies who know how to run shit

more_horiz
I don't want rights lol! Not but seriously, DA needs to be revamped on the daily...I feel like we should run it how it was done when EJ and Amy were here..

more_horiz
Have to admit it seems best to have an academy led by people who care about it

VIVE LA REVOLUTION, VIVE L'ACADEMIE

more_horiz
I get a feeling if this were to actually happen literally nothing would change.

more_horiz
Wasn't Jin around recently? Perhaps bring him into the discussion

more_horiz
There seems to be plenty of new people joining, the people that are regularly on need to be in charge and working actively to keep these new people here, as well as giving everyone else opportunities to move up, compete and have fun in general.

more_horiz
Viva La Revolution!

more_horiz
@anzo Crimson has message for you

more_horiz
@anzo we all have a message 4u * fixed that 4u fam

more_horiz
stop

more_horiz
Are you all that dumb to want to overthrow Anzo? Really? Things can work differently, and they should, but Anzo has little to nothing to do with it.

more_horiz
I just hate this approach.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:

its just a poorer version of Amy's revolution =S

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Alisae wrote:

its just a poorer version of Amy's revolution =S

Linda i thought you supported me ;-; smh

more_horiz
[size=34]@CrimsonOverlord As much as I like the idea of having a staffer who cares as much as you do about DA, you need to learn that this is not a place where people would normally vote someone out. We tried that way before, and it nearly eliminated our entire society.[/size]

I rarely interfere with other Admins and staffers decisions. I mainly hire active admins to act on my behalf on running this forum and hiring moderators and assistants to keep things going. My job is mainly to ensure this place won't go dead, which is one of the reasons why I've been in charge for almost 7 years now. EJ trusted me with this forum for a reason. Amy nearly killed it.

Other admins and staffers are free to act on their liking as long as there is a voting process and a respect of power chain within the staff team, which is something we have at the moment. Everyone share their inputs and suggestions with one another and the majority gets to decided what happens.

As for my position as Head Administrator: it rarely affect any decision, not because It can't, but because it shouldn't. I made the choice to let other staffers, alongside admins and other members, to decide how things should work. I only interfere when something urgent pops up to the surface.

If you, or anyone else who is reading this, feels like this is wrong even after everything I just said, then you're free to leave - surely, I don't mean this in a negative manners, I'm not kicking anybody out, I'm merely stating you have such an option if you so wish to. I don't believe I have ever forced someone to work for DA, and I'm not going to start just now. There is always someone out there who see things from our perspective, the current DA perspective, not necessarily yours.

Beside you chose to make this a public thread, not sure if you're trolling or things just came out as intended as it appears to be. Though, next time you have something to say, you can always PM me or post privately in Staff sections.

~Cheers

more_horiz
Hm staffers, we're all old members and we all know that EVERY REVOLUTIONS HERE ALL FAILED MISERABLY. And I don't think that you guys can survive without Anzo.

We have all been here for a long time. Stay wise.

Let's just not do extra shit.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

I rarely interfere with other Admins and staffers decisions. I mainly hire active admins to act on my behalf on running this forum and hiring moderators and assistants to keep things going. My job is mainly to ensure this place won't go dead, which is one of the reasons why I've been in charge for almost 7 years now. EJ trusted me with this forum for a reason. Amy nearly killed it.

Other admins and staffers are free to act on their liking as long as there is a voting process and a respect of power chain within the staff team, which is something we have at the moment. Everyone share their inputs and suggestions with one another and the majority gets to decided what happens.

As for my position as Head Administrator: it rarely affect any decision, not because It can't, but because it shouldn't. I made the choice to let other staffers, alongside admins and other members, to decide how things should work. I only interfere when something urgent pops up to the surface.

If you, or anyone else who is reading this, feels like this is wrong even after everything I just said, then you're free to leave - surely, I don't mean this in a negative manners, I'm not kicking anybody out, I'm merely stating you have such an option if you so wish to. I don't believe I have ever forced someone to work for DA, and I'm not going to start just now. There is always someone out there who see things from our perspective, the current DA perspective, not necessarily yours.

Beside you chose to make this a public thread, not sure if you're trolling or things just came out as intended as it appears to be. Though, next time you have something to say, you can always PM me or post privately in Staff sections.

~Cheers

Aaaaand that's game.

Go home kids

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Anzo i think you should pass the torch to someone who cares about ygo and is willing to put in blood and effort to making DA shine.

Believe me when i say this don't try to put so much time in this place its a complete waste of time

more_horiz
The whole idea was to put in admins who know or care about the game, people that know how to get stuff going, not just monitor things, because the way things are atm mods=admins, because admins arent revamping the site , they just monitor from the shadows.

This post was part meme, part reality. I made this public because most people wanted to, most people want change, but i guess i got my answer, that people are ok with chillin and mediocrity and if you go too ambitious, eeh dont bother kid kinda response.

I have nothing more to add. Imo we need new admins, admins that are into ygo, not just moderating a site.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
because the way things are atm mods=admins, because admins arent revamping the site , they just monitor from the shadows.

Revamp how? You can't be changing things every few weeks. Every 6 months to a year is more than good enough. Especially for something that's working.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
because the way things are atm mods=admins, because admins arent revamping the site , they just monitor from the shadows.

Revamp how? You can't be changing things every few weeks. Every 6 months to a year is more than good enough. Especially for something that's working.

New banner, new duel league, new ideas. All these can be done. Let go of the nostalgia, the current system died out

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Neji wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

New banner, new duel league, new ideas. All these can be done. Let go of the nostalgia, the current system died out

I'm sorry what

Aside from a new banner do you know how hard it is to implement new ideas like this?

more_horiz
Thats why you have multiple people in staff, to work together towards a hard goal. Just cuz its hard, should we toss it aside and just do simple things? Anyway kk, obv my points arent getting through, i give up fam

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply