Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+9
PaNiCMaKeRz
Booked
DDS
Drunkion
Galaksii
PowerNova
Alisae
CrimsonOverlord
Anzo
13 posters

description[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist Empty[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist

more_horiz
So, before I post the banlist I will just point out that many of the cards that are out of the banlist have new eratas, which means that old cards have new or little tweaked effects.

UPCOMING CHANGES TO OCG LIMIT REGULATION
[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist Cznmwo10

Newly Forbidden:
Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin

Newly Limited:
Speedroid Terrortop
Rescue Cat
Goyo Guardian
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Toadally Awesome
Fire Formation – Tenki
Union Hangar
Brain Control
Future Fusion
Imperial Order

Newly Semi-Limited:
Magician of Faith
Dandylion

Newly Unlimited:
Inzektor Dragonfly
Star Seraph Sovereignty
Mathematician
Mezuki
El Shaddoll Fusion

So, yeah, I did see the Kirin ban comming, since even with it being at one it's still a very annoying card to deal with. With Terrortop at 1 we will not see anymore one card random rank 3s...And yes, the unbaning of Rescue Cat won't 
change that. Since most of those cool old unbaned cards have eratas. And here there are ^^ 

The Effects of the Newly Errata’d cards:
[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist 111
Brain Control (Errata)

Normal Spell Card
(1) Pay 800 LP, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that can be Normal Summoned/Set; take control of that target until the End Phase.

Future Fusion (Errata)
Continuous Spell Card
(1) During your next Standby Phase after this card’s activation: Reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck, and if you do, send the Fusion Materials for that Fusion Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
(2) During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card’s activation: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster with the same name as the monster you revealed with this card’s (1) effect from your Extra Deck. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Imperial Order (Errata)
Continuous Trap Card
You must pay 700 LP during each player’s Standby Phase. If you cannot pay 700 LP, destroy this card.
(1) While this card is in the Spell & Trap Zone, negate all Spell Effects on the field.

[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist Dea74610
Goyo Guardian (Errata)
Level 6 EARTH Warrior-Type Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 2000
Synchro Materials: 1 EARTH Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
(1) When this card destroys a monster and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon it to your side of the field in Defense Position.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Errata)
Level 6 WATER Sea Serpent-Type Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2300
DEF 1400
Synchro Materials: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the effect of “Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier” once per turn.
(1) You can discard to the Graveyard any number of cards, then target that many cards your opponent controls; return them to the hand.

Rescue Cat (Errata)
Level 4 EARTH Beast-Type Effect Monster
ATK 300
DEF 300
You can only use the effect of “Rescue Cat” once per turn.
(1) You can send this card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 2 Level 3 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck, but their effects are negated, also they are destroyed during the End Phase.

What do you guys think about the new OCG banlist? Do you think that the TCG one is gonna follow a simular root? What are your opinions on the new eratas? Do you think they are just ruining these cards and shouldn't even have bothered unbaning them? 

description[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist EmptyRe: [OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist

more_horiz
This is 2014 all over.

description[OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist EmptyRe: [OCG] January 1 2017 – Banlist

more_horiz
So they made goyo useless, also lmao at terrortop

more_horiz
I'd love this to be the TCG's list, but with 1 minor change (props if you notice it):
tcg banlist :

more_horiz
The Puppeteer wrote:
This is 2014 all over.

Yeah lol, same shit as always. 
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So they made goyo useless, also lmao at terrortop

I don't really see the problem with Goyo tbh, it's not like the card needed an erata..
NightBot wrote:
I'd love this to be the TCG's list, but with 1 minor change (props if you notice it):
tcg banlist :

Lol, we all want that. I would b contenT even if it only went to one. But hey, I finally start to understand hero lovers...

more_horiz
Galaxy Soldier lives another day to be broke in almost any light deck. Want Cyber Dragon Infinity? Splash in some Galaxy Soldiers!

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Galaxy Soldier lives another day to be broke in almost any light deck. Want Cyber Dragon Infinity? Splash in some Galaxy Soldiers!

People have been doing that since forever.

-Anyway, I'm not into OCG but I'm glad that Kirin fucker got banned, I hate that card...

more_horiz
I'm thinking of quitting YGO again.

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
I'm thinking of quitting YGO again.

Why lol, this is ocg banlist, and worst thing... its a good banlist... kirin was one of the most cancerous cards to ever see the light of day, terrortop was used in ANY DECK, and made zodiacs one of the strongest decks to ever see the light of deck, more dominant than D RULERS, yeah just check ocg , that shit was live for a few months and already got nerfed to death becouse every single top was made by zodiac variants

more_horiz
I think these weren't too bad, but there are some things they completely missed

more_horiz
We dont give a shit konami whatever you do, we dont play meta and that's why we still play!!
Banlists... they just add new deck choices to non-meta decks

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:

Fucking
Finally.
Just gotta ungut infernities and they back to the top :DD

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

Fucking
Finally.

Nejibruh, you play?!

more_horiz
@Drunkion new cards don't apply to TCG?

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
@Drunkion new cards don't apply to TCG?

No, this hits wont get to tcg, this means we will suffer zodiac cancer empire except konami realizes it and does the same thing they did we gishki, ban them before they even come out in tcg, (i doubt it)

more_horiz
All of the ban list is pretty decent and it seems Konami finally had the guts to do what's necessary. Tho I disapprove of some of the eratas. These cards to some extent are completely ruined and should've never came back exept if thry came back full power. 

Also people (obviously talking about OCG players) that have the old cards might get confused and it probably can get some problems. 

Let me also point out that terrortop probably won't stop zodiacs from beig a top deck. Unfortunately they still are Konami and want to make some cash before banning them. 

Also Treatoad (Totally Awesome) is also a pretty fast hit. Heck the card just came out and it's already at one. I don't think this is too big a deal tho, since the card can return itself to the extra deck when it has used its effect.

more_horiz
I mean are cards with changed effects applied to TCG as well? This is a stupid question.

more_horiz
Well, they shouldn't be if the same changes don't come to the TCG.

more_horiz
Figure I'd chime in since I have dabbled a bit in OCG previously.

I'm glad KoJ have axed Kirin, that thing is a nuisance.

Speedroid engines are also reasonably hindered, but I have a feeling other R3 engines will emerge.. With errata'd Sangan at multiples, Rescue Cat and Friends in the mix OCG players will find more ways I am sure..lolz

While I am fundamentally against these errata's that significantly alter card effects (But that's a whole other discussion) I feel like this batch is actually pretty reasonable. Except for Imperial and Future fusion, those are still busted imo.

Theoretically, this list presents some interesting possibilities, in fact part of me wants to try and make a DebrisHime style deck work, 2 Dandy + 3 Mathman +  more Synchro options make me think it might be somewhat workable..lolz

But ultimately, the list is kinda useless since it doesn't do all that much to Zodiac Beast and does nothing to the big mill decks, so if you're playing to win in OCG format not much changes.

I see no reason to believe the next TCG one will go in a similar route because the TCG and OCG operate fundamentally different when it comes to governing the game, not to mention the different card base.

Just my 2 cents.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Neji wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

Fucking
Finally.

Nejibruh, you play?!

Used to. Not anymore. Pendus murdered the game for me.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
Neji wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

Fucking
Finally.

Nejibruh, you play?!

game is murdered only when you choose to play whatever konami wants you to...

more_horiz
wait do the errata affect TCG game also? ik banlist is a different thing but....we have the case of that chaos magician chet ._. not sure will it be like that

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
wait do the errata affect TCG game also? ik banlist is a different thing but....we have the case of that chaos magician chet ._. not sure will it be like that

it's only for OCG

more_horiz
Lol Neji cime back and play on Dueling Nexus.

Also yeah DDS good points, the list is pretty shit to the competitive players, but tose cards that got an erata could actually atract some older members, even tho I have already noted that a confusion can occur.

more_horiz
PaNiCMaKeRz wrote:
Neji wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
Neji wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

Fucking
Finally.

Nejibruh, you play?!

game is murdered only when you choose to play whatever konami wants you to...

It's ruined when others do so.

more_horiz
Oh ok then TCG is safe. I'm back nigga.

more_horiz
For the most part I like the list. The erratas seem odd though, especially Goyo Guardian. I realise it's a different meta entirely over there, but I feel like there are much better options for level 6 synchros, and Goyo really does very little in the TCG.

Hyped for Brionac, because Ice Barriers have always been a favourite of mine.

more_horiz
Definetly agree on this one. As a whole level 6 Synchros are almost non-present in today's TCG meta (don't know about the OCG but pretty sure it's the same. The card wasn't really busted and this eratas is just dumb. 

Brionac is still relatively OP especially mid to late game whennyou wanna finish the final blow.

more_horiz
Brionac I get since it enabled some pretty degenerate stuff. Not that there isn't a lot of degenerate stuff in the game presently, of course (and judging by Zodiacs, OCG freakin' loves their tier 0 stuff). But the only really good level 6 synchros I can think of are Coral Dragon, Stardust Charge (sometimes?) and maaaaybe Metaphys Horus. I liked Goyo in Synchrons, purely as an offensive option if you somehow couldn't get to Quasar/Sifr, and stealing free synchro material was cute sometimes. But gamebreaking enough to deserve an errata?

No, no.

more_horiz
Honestly I totally forgot about Stardust Worrior and Coral Dragon (Basically used for a T'zolkin), but yeah Goyo was a good offensive cards but we all know Konami lol, they like doing things that nobody would like...I think it's a way to amuse themselves...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply