Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

January 2014 Banlist Predictions

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
! Prince
Neji
Naito Raizu
Heatnix
VoxPopulii
faervel
Linda-Senpai
gaticadesE
Bearer of the Mask
Gremlin
Whatup Nab
15 posters

descriptionJanuary 2014 Banlist Predictions EmptyJanuary 2014 Banlist Predictions

more_horiz
So yea the time is like 3 weeks away and I decided to you know say let me make this topic for once :O cause I know you all love me SO much January 2014 Banlist Predictions 2896007000

Anyways mai predictions based on how much Konami sucks

Banned
Return from the Different Dimension (No explanation needed)

Limit
Blaster (Broken still)
Redox (Broken)
Tidal (Broken)
Tempest (Most broken Ruler in the game)
Monster Reborn (Why you ban this card?)
Heavy Storm (Backrow heavy decks are gonna be a thing without this coming back)
Abyss-Sphere (Only reason Mermails are still good)
Solemn Judgement (At Half your LP I don't see how this is THAT broke, don't get me wrong it's still pretty broke just not that much)
Spellbook of Secrets (Searcher for Spellbooks and causes massive abuse with Master and the blue dude)
Goyo Guardian (Bring my nigga back, he just too good)
Rekindling (Return for Fire decks)
Elemental Hero Statos (This card is a Hero deck without him no one played Heroes)

Semi Limited
Compulsory Evacuation Device (Just why limit this card?)
Book of Moon (Not that good anymore, not many people would play 2 of these anyways besides mill decks)
Gladiator Beast - Bestiari (Bring back Glad beasts)
Thunder King Rai-Oh (Just cause stun is fun)
Neo Spacian Grand Mole (Who plays him at all...)
Reinforcement of the Army (Support for Noble Knights)
E - Emergency Call (Well if you're gonna bring back Stratos then you can take this back)
Judgement Dragon (New LS support is pretty broke)
Gorz (No one plays Gorz)
LoneFire Blossom (Brink back plants)
Solemn Warning (Give me this staple back)
Rescue Rabbit (Dino Rabbit is done with Macro at 1 not many decks that can abuse rabbit effectively anymore)
Coach Soldier Wolfbark (Fists too strong plus it's an instant exceed)

Unlimited
T.G. Striker (No play at 1 No play at 2 I don't think 3 will make it super good)
Reborn Tengu (No one plays 2)
Tour Guide from the Underworld (Sangan banned time to bring this back)
Dimensional Prison (Who plays this card at 3 when it was at 3, right no one....)
Advanced Ritual Art (Herald of perfection support)

descriptionJanuary 2014 Banlist Predictions EmptyRe: January 2014 Banlist Predictions

more_horiz
your reason to bring a lot of the cards on your list back to semi or unlimited is that no one will use them, so there is no point to bring them back if you go by your logic

descriptionJanuary 2014 Banlist Predictions EmptyRe: January 2014 Banlist Predictions

more_horiz
stratos. give.

more_horiz
No, dont say that, i play lightsworns, why are you limiting JD Sad 

more_horiz
we get you like lightsworns only needed to say it once though

more_horiz
gaticadesE wrote:
No, dont say that, i play lightsworns, why are you limiting JD Sad 

I believe you did this by accident, but please don't double post like that, thanks.

more_horiz
judgement dragon(lightsworns need it raiden's the one that deserves to be limited)
rai-oh & grand mole(the only reason i don't use them is they are not that useful when limited)
heavy storm(broken...)
goyo guardian(let's see 2800 atk,lvl 6 and can take control of any monster it destroys...why was it even released in the 1st place...oh i see the same reason spellbook of judgement was released)
except for that i think you(or anyone else that has an opinion close to yours) needs to be in charge of konami

more_horiz
Banned:
Return from the different dimension
Sixth Sense (shouldve never came back)
Black Rose Dragon (piss easy to abuse)

Limited:
Time Seal (not OP at 1)
All Dragon Rulers
Judgment Dragon (lightsworns are gonna be tier 1 next format, and their new support makes them OP even w/o JD)
Bujin Crane (its freakin Honest)
Spellbook of Fate (OP as ****)
Fire Formation Tenki (2 is still too much)
Evilswarm Ophion (OP card)
Black Whirlind (why the hell is at 3?)
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer (hes kinda OP)

Semi-Limited:
Wolfbark (1 card Xyz)
Bujin Yamato (hes too good)
Bestiari (GB's are getting new support)
Scrap Dragon (scraps getting new stuff, cant have this guy at 3)
Scapegoat (has no buisiness being at 3)
Kalut (why the hell is it at 3)
Inzektor Hornet (with Dragnfly at 1, Hornet can go to 2)
Allure of Darkness (2 is fine)

Unlimited:
Night Assailant (why the hell is this card limited)
The Transmigration Prophecy (can come to 3 no problem)
Tour Guide From The Underworld (rank 3 arent the big thing anymore, and Sangan isnt here)
Archlord Kristya (isnt doing anything at 2)
Tragoedia (why not?)

more_horiz
I agree basicly in all thouse, but thers some cards i would leave:
Tour buss from the underworld, i would leave it in 2, there steal some rank 3 very painfull, such as Zenmanies or Leviair the Sea Dragon.
Judgment Dragon, i would prefer to play it 3 times, but onestlly, i wouldnt limit it, i would semi-limit that card, its not that broken.
Guardian Goyo, is too powerfull, i agree with faervel
Im not shure if doing that to Bujing Yamato, but he is good.
Thats it

And sorry if i double post

more_horiz
Banned:

Return from the Different Dimension
Sixth Sense
Noblswarm Beezlebum

Limited

Rekindling
CardCar D
Mecha Phantom Beast DracoSac
Pot of Avarice
Heavy Storm
Dragon Ravine
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Elemental Hero Stratos

Semi-Limited

Thunder King Rai-oh
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Fiendish Chain
All Dragon Rulers
Card Trooper
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit
Constellar Pleides
Imperial Iron Wall
Judgment Dragon

Unlimited

Mezuki
Tour Guide of the Underworld

more_horiz
I highly doubt Heavy Storm will be coming out next format, neither is Stratos. It has no earthly business being banned, but they sometimes ban stuff and never bring it out regardless of what other cards are better, like here, Goyo Guardian.

Big Eye is worse than Goyo Guardian and just as easy if not easier to get, but still Goyo Guardian is banned and will continue to be banned since they don't look back at what they ban, they just look at what they have right now.

more_horiz
VoxPopulii wrote:
Banned:

Sixth Sense
Noblswarm Beezlebum

Limited

Rekindling
CardCar D
Pot of Avarice
Heavy Storm
Dragon Ravine
Elemental Hero Stratos

Semi-Limited

Thunder King Rai-oh
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Fiendish Chain
All Dragon Rulers
Card Trooper
Constellar Pleides
Imperial Iron Wall
Judgment Dragon

Unlimited

Mezuki

There is no way Evilswarm Exciton Knight is getting banned before even hitting TCG.

more_horiz
I'ma make my predictions now.

Banned:
Sixth Sense
Return from Different Dimension

Limited:
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Brought it back in Japan, didn't they?)
Elemental HERO Stratos
Monster Reborn
Spellbook of Secrets
Bujin Crane
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner (Lightsworn Support means things are going to get crazy again)
Black Rose Dragon
Abyss-Sphere
Judgment Dragon (I hate this thing)
Kalut the Moonshadow
Glow-Up Bulb (Plaguespreader is at two, so why not?)
Rescue Cat (I think this would please Neko significantly.)

Semi-Limited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (He's my best friend. Bring him back! T.T)
Reinforcement of the Army (Noble Knights!)
Lonefire Blossom
Scrap Dragon
Number 11: Big Eye
E-Emergency Call
All Dragon Rulers
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Solemn Warning (As long as Judgment isn't back, I think double Warning is fine)
Book of Moon
Evilswarm Ophion
Coach Soldier Wolfbark

Unlimited:
T.G. Striker (Because T.G. Agents aren't being played)
Reborn Tengu (Because why not?)
Tour Guide

If I think of stuff, I'll add.

more_horiz
Goyo Guardian (Bring my nigga back, he just too good)
Rekindling (Return for Fire decks)
Elemental Hero Statos (This card is a Hero deck without him no one played Heroes)

AMEN.

If Thrish does come back I might actually find some fun in this game again.

more_horiz
Nab your list is the only close to decent thing here but it's still not that great :/ my banlist -making love is itching to reply here but ofc it takes so much effort..

more_horiz
Heh,they just gonna give us the OCG list Wink.

more_horiz
1. Stop wanting bestiari at 2, it will never come back at more then 1 EVER. The most retardedly stupid trap heavy deck and archetype ever mode that just 1 card makes it broken

2. Blackwings will not be hit, as to why? Because they did not do anything.

3. Grand Mole should never EVER be at anything more then 1.

4. Scraps will not be hit because again who dafuq plays Scraps other then me?

5. Whoever has the idea of unlimiting ARA should go shoot himself in the head. This card should have been banned ages ago, it has no place in the game whatsoever.

6. PoA will never return

7. If they are gonna unban something it will be Heavy Storm and/or DMoC. Everything else is too broken to return.

8. Black Rose Dragon will not be hit, the broken decks that can bring it every damn turn will be butchered instead.

9. F*ck D*ck Riders, burn them all in hell as well as them stupid machines January 2014 Banlist Predictions 692615957 

more_horiz
hopefully you arent wrong here train otherwise you will look stupid for being so sure of yourself

more_horiz
First of all, I don't think Heavy Storm nor Monster Reborn will come back anytime soon. These cards make reckless plays and Konami's trying to push away from that.

Also, Why is Ophion not on that list? That or Pandemic should get hit. That card combination is obnoxious beyond words.

Speaking of Limited cards, Tenki should really get hit. That card is just too powerful.

Solemn Judgment and why it's banned? You do realize half of LP isn't even a cost anymore, right? In the hands of a competent player, this card is death.

Goyo coming back? Oh, that's cute.

There's a lot more I could touch, but I think I've made my point.

more_horiz
what was your point? everyone who has a different opinion then you is wrong? because thats all it is right now so you cant say yours is right, also you know this isnt the real ban list right

more_horiz
Gremlin wrote:
what was your point? everyone who has a different opinion then you is wrong? because thats all it is right now so you cant say yours is right, also you know this isnt the real ban list right

Firstly, my point was that there are some things that should be pointed out on that list. Yes, I know it's a supposed prediction, I can read just fine.

Secondly, of course everyone's going to have a different opinion. The internet's the gathering of who knows how many viewpoints and I never claimed to be right or all the others are wrong. I'm being cynical in contrast to an idealistic (admit it, a lot of the ones on the first post were hopeful self-service) post.

Thirdly, I don't see how your post contributed to this topic. Are you trying to pick a fight with me? If so, leave it outside the discussion.

more_horiz
I dont think the thread maker would appreciate you going off topic here

more_horiz
^actually you were the one that did, IJS.

more_horiz
Spoiler :

more_horiz
Tomoko Kuroki wrote:
VoxPopulii wrote:
Banned:

Sixth Sense
Noblswarm Beezlebum

Limited

Rekindling
CardCar D
Pot of Avarice
Heavy Storm
Dragon Ravine
Elemental Hero Stratos

Semi-Limited

Thunder King Rai-oh
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Fiendish Chain
All Dragon Rulers
Card Trooper
Constellar Pleides
Imperial Iron Wall
Judgment Dragon

Unlimited

Mezuki

There is no way Evilswarm Exciton Knight is getting banned before even hitting TCG.

It's happened before.

more_horiz
Vanity Emptiness to 1. It's going to happen.

more_horiz
VoxPopulii wrote:

Semi-Limited
Card Trooper

That moment when you realize Card Trooper is at 2

As for the other yea I get Goyo too strong that was more of a preference than what Konami will do as for Reborn that can come back it's my best friend/sack. Other than that I would add Bujinn's but I'm not sure but JD needs to be Semi or Limited for sure.

more_horiz
completely agree with JD, is op. I hates it.

Whatup Nab wrote:
JD needs to be Semi or Limited for sure.

more_horiz
nope using LS atm so jd will stay at 3 but I change decks pretty quickly ever since they ruined my fire fists so once I dont use lightsworn anymore ill gladly have JD limited

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply