Card of the Week #30: Dogu

Card of the Week #30: Dogu Dogu-DUEA-JP-R

You can only use this effect of "Dogu" once per turn. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was sent there this turn by your opponent's card effect: You can add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand that has a different Level from any monsters you control or in your Graveyard.

I know what your first thoughts are. "It's a generic search! Shit just got real!" Sadly, youmay have misread the card. It has to be sent by an opponent's card effect. It's evidently not the best card you could use as a search. However, it's generic, and it can potentiall search anything except for a level 4.

If there was a mill deck metagame, this would be seen all over the place. I'm not talking mill decks like Lightsworn; I mean decks like Empty Jar. Those things are dead, sadly, so we have to look at what the other things that could trigger this card's effect are. Any deck that is able to destroy face down monsters for a very little cost is potentially very good for this, but you start to fall down when people use cards that banish them because they're scared of Hands. Fire Fist would be one of few decks this card would be good against.

Something definitely of note with this card is the name. Much search. Very consistency. Wow. It's simply not possible to not realise that this card's title and Doge have such similarity in common. Considering that Doge is one of the best memes ever, it's safe to say that this card is deserving of being COTW just for its title, even if it is one vowel short.

Overall, it's a very straightforward card, and if the meta changes then it could be something to jump on. The power behind a completely generic search is incredible, and will cause the perfect card for a given situation to appear in your hand. Be it a TGU, a DAD, a Judgment Dragon or a Gorz, this card will definitely have potential uses if it can be used. It also has a pretty solid attack of 1900, which means that in the right deck your opponent may need to consider giving you that search if they want to get over it.