Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCard of The Week No. 4 EmptyCard of The Week No. 4

more_horiz
CoTW #4: Kamaitachi (Fire Dance Longsword)

Card of The Week No. 4 300px-FireDanceLongsword-JF13-JP-NPR

Effect When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Today I bring you another card that is not yet released in the TCG. It is a Beast and Fire. It seems to fit well in Firekings at first glance. And indeed this card is a very good stun card since it works very nicely with Enthusiastic Beastman Wolfberk or Diamond Dire Wolf, which both of these decks run. I think though that it has its best performance in the T.G. Stun Deck for several reasons: First, it still gets its effect when Skill Drain is active, since it happens in the graveyard. Second, it also gets its effect when destroyed by battle! And as it does work with Horn of the Phantom Beast this card becomes a 2500 beater that makes you draw and your opponent will not want to attack over it or destroy it if they have monsters that they need on their side of the field.
As mentioned before it can be used in Fireking Decks as well. Especially in Firekings it is good since it has synergy with the destruction effects such as Fire King's Fire Ring. Although it does work with Firekings I don't think it will se too much play in that deck since they have a lot of Monster destruction already with Garunix.
A few things to note on the card: This card needs to go the graveyard or it will not get its effect. It is not searchable with Fire Dance – Tenki since it is a Beast and not a Beast-Warrior.
Overall a great card and I am looking forward to play it in stun decks.

Last edited by The_Nameless on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCard of The Week No. 4 EmptyRe: Card of The Week No. 4

more_horiz
Good work.

I updated the widget for you, by the way.

more_horiz
Thanks and thanks :D

more_horiz
Are we able to see the card effect lol Razz??

more_horiz
Indeed, I forgot that Smile
Updated.

more_horiz
That card is broken when i dueled vs N its wht killed me in round 2 e.e

more_horiz
The Dark Shadow wrote:
That card is broken when i dueled vs N its wht killed me in round 2 e.e

Killed me round 1 (R.I.P. Ophion) but it's not broken.

more_horiz
y u no mention that it makes cards like The Shining and Pulsar miss timing?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply