Card of the Week #29: Bujin Yamato

Card of the Week #29: Bujin Yamato BujinYamato-JOTL-EN-UR-1E

Everyone in the current game has seen this card. That much is practically fact, as let's face it: the entirety of any Bujin deck relies on this single card.

Believe it or not, but the maths is pretty kind to Bujin players. In a 6 card hand with a 40 card deck running 3 Yamato, 3 Tenki, 3 Peacock and 3 PoD, the chance of being able to get at least 1 Yamato is over 90%. The consistency is real.

His individual use to a Bujin deck is, first and foremost, setting up the grave. Having sent a couple of cards to grave, it'll be quite difficult to remove him from the field, as the cards he sends give him and any other Bujins protection.

As a 1800 ATK beater, 1900 with the very common Tenki, he stands pretty firm. If he was weaker, it would be much harder for the Bujin deck to function, but if you can read you can confirm that the card says 1800. If you can't read, then I can write whatever the hell I like about you. To all those people, "You smell." Back on subject, with this card as the core of the deck, it is supported very well by Kaiser Colosseum, which locks down all of your opponent's potential Synchro and Xyz plays. Since that is most decks' way of summoning monsters with 2000 or more attack, many people will have severe difficulty in overcoming a Yamato sitting on a Tenki and a Kaiser, which would gradually be filling the grave with useful Bujingis.

Essentially, having this card as card of the week is like having the entirety of a Bujin deck as card of the week. I could go through any number of uses, and they would all relate to making the Bujin deck playable. In other words, don't expect me to do a COTW on Crane any time soon, even if it might be vaguely deserving. Bujin Yamato is, in essence, essential to a Bujin deck.

Many people might say that Bujin decks sit on Yamato. They would be right. And there is little more than that to say in summary, so I'll call this the end of my description of the card.