Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCard of the Week #23 EmptyCard of the Week #23

more_horiz

Card of the Week #23: Splash Capture

Card of the Week #23 SplashCapture-ORCS-EN-C-UE

For those of you wondering when this was released, it's actually not that new. As a matter of fact, it was released in Order of Chaos and has since then come to no repute. This is probably due to the lack of decent fish monsters, but due to recent releases in the OCG this may soon change.

The card is obviously incredibly good. It functions as a +1 CA play after your opponent has just made a -1 play in overlaying into an Xyz. Theoretically, this card could put you so far ahead your opponent might as well just quit, as you might steal anything from a regular defensive play to a nasty Big Eye. In fact, seeing a Big Eye switch sides before it was able to make a huge impact on the game would be quite a change from the norm, and in the end you'd get more than just one card off your opponent.

Splash Capture requires 2 Fish monsters in the Graveyard to be banished. I have actually looked into the potential of a deck based around banishing Fish monsters and it certainly has more support than you might first think. Firstly, there is a Trap card called "Oh F!sh", which is slightly weird due to the exclamation mark instead of an "i", that would serve as an effect negater in the deck. There are also many other cards based around effects happening when a Fish monster is banished, such as Underworld Egg Clutch, and also a few that banish a Fish monster for just a short period of time.

In general, there is nothing more to say about the card than its gamechanging potential. The fact that is is the COTW may have shown you it has existed, but since the card is relatively easy to play you don't need much more help from me. If you think this is a good or bad card, feel free to post and give your opinion; I know last week someone was unsure of whether they were allowed to post on these or not, and COTWs are something we should encourage discussion on.

descriptionCard of the Week #23 EmptyRe: Card of the Week #23

more_horiz
I tried to built a deck around this card, with mainly fishes, and it isn't that competitive. There aren't many supporting cards when it comes to BANISHING the cards. Just a lot to manipulate the banished cards. Then, the card itself is only really relevant to Xyz cards. At least a third of the decks I dueled either didn't have any Xyz, or weren't focused completely on them, so the Xyz aspect hinders the usability. Also, the card needs 2 fishes in the grave, and nearly all of the fishes are Xyz based and take a few turns to get 2 in the grave. The decks that were Xyz that I battle against usually summoned their Xyz early in the game, when the fishes weren't in the grave. The fishes themselves don't send themselves to the grave, plus they're moderately difficult to summon 2 or more at a time, so they're difficult to send to the grave 2 or more at a time. In my opinion I think they're more of a fun deck that you discover more and more of every duel. And this card is more situational than it is a staple, so I don't think it'll impact the game that much. Although I do have to say when it's used, there's a high chance of you winning, as there aren't really cards to counter a Xyz being taken on the summon.

more_horiz
Banishy Sharks deck lol.

more_horiz
Friller Rabca actually makes it close to decent.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply