Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCard of the Week #25 EmptyCard of the Week #25

more_horiz

Card of the Week #25: Plaguespreader Zombie

Card of the Week #25 PlaguespreaderZombie-CSOC-EN-UR-1E

I'm back in staff, articles are back, and Card of the Week is back too. But for this week, the CotW will be a card that's been back for quite some time; Plaguespreader Zombie.

Plague is, quite bluntly, a very useful Tuner that can be put into a large number of different decks. Its ability to special summon itself from the grave made it a prime choice in decks like Lightsworn before they got their own tuners, and it has always had good synergy with other decks that rely on the Graveyard.

In a Zombie deck, Plaguespreader is always the main Tuner. Along with Destiny HERO Malicious, Plague can be used to make 2 Level 8 Synchros at a very small cost, which will often completely change the field and is a strong combination to build a deck around. The combo obviously involves getting Plague on the field and Malicious in grave with at least one card in hand, before Special Summoning a Malicious and making a Level 8 Synchro. You would then use Plague's effect to Special Summon itself, and then use Malicious' effect again and repeat the process. This combo can have a great deal of versatility with the right Extra Deck, with ideal choices for cards being Void Ogre Dragon, Beelze of the Diabloic Dragons, Dark End Dragon, or any generic Level 8 Synchro you could name.

Plague can also use Imperial Iron Wall to its advantage, as it will not be banished by its own effect whenever it has Special Summoned itself and is used. Alongside similar cards like Quillbolt Hedgehog, this could potentially allow for some very strong Synchro plays. With a T.G Hyper Librarian, Plague's cost would essentially be paid every time a Synchro monster was summoned, making the combination limited only by the extra deck in capability. However, this combo would not be worth making a deck around, as it would require too many cards and would need an extra deck specific to the combo, which would contain far more Level 4 Synchro monsters than is ideal.

Overall, Plaguespreader Zombie is a card that opens the possibilities of many combos relating to Synchro monsters. It works particularly well with Level 6 monsters, as Level 8 Synchros are usually the best in terms of what they do in comparison to the number of cards needed to summon them, however it could be used with a Level 4 monster to make a Level 6 before using its effect to summon a Level 8. With the new banlist, Plague will probably become more common as a way to summon Goyo Guardian, which is Level 6, as most decks use a lot of Level 4 monsters and would benefit from having a Level 2 Tuner.

Last edited by Phoenix Wright on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCard of the Week #25 EmptyRe: Card of the Week #25

more_horiz
I think green text is too bright. I'd suggest using #ff3300

It's a little dark, but it doesn't hurt our eyes.

Wait. New banlist released Goyo?

more_horiz
Goyo will become limited on the 14th July.

Also. changing colour.

more_horiz
You should make a CoTW article about Goyo since lots of people don't know what Goyo can do. It's a good suggestion for the next week because it may be the most hated card in the next format.

Thanks for listening to me about the color.

descriptionCard of the Week #25 EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
You should make a CoTW article about Goyo since lots of people don't know what Goyo can do. It's a good suggestion for the next week because it may be the most hated card in the next format.

Thanks for listening to me about the color.

That was already my plan. Next COTW will be 2 days before banlist. I was thinking of doing him on this one, but I figured I might as well do it as close to banlist as possible.

more_horiz
I would agree with Phoenix, better to post him later since he's still banned...

Also, this is Beelze's good friend :3

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
I would agree with Phoenix, better to post him later since he's still banned...

Also, this is Beelze's good friend :3

And Void Ogre. Void Ogre + Beelze = funfunfun

more_horiz
This plus destiny hero draw engine = easy beelze

more_horiz
What's a Beelze?

more_horiz
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beelze_of_the_Diabolic_Dragons

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
This plus destiny hero draw engine = easy beelze

That deck is cool with Masked HEROes :3

more_horiz
The dead draw can hurt alot tho :/

more_horiz
UniqueHope wrote:
The dead draw can hurt alot tho :/

Not in pure zombies. Zombie master can drop malicious, and summoner monk can drop D draw. I also run plasmas with scapegoats for maximum trolling and D draw efficiency.

more_horiz
Pure zombies are kinda rare tho >.>

more_horiz
UniqueHope wrote:
Pure zombies are kinda rare tho >.>

That's a Casual Play deck, it isn't seen in big tournaments...

more_horiz
Yeah, even for casual it's a bit rare

more_horiz
I wonder what decks this card can fit now.

Tell me all.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply