Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks? Empty[Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks?

more_horiz
So yeah YGO has been releasing OP decks since the appearance of Dragon Ruler (nerf'd but still k.), Spellbook, Bujin,.....And they haven't stopped. They also just released an archetype called Artifact which is very strong in this format. Currently, we have the newest archetype called Satellaknight and it already topped one tournament (OCG): http://www.duelacademy.net/t36448-ocg-card-shop-kirara-tournament

This makes us question like "do old decks really have anything to counter THESE THINGS?" Tough question.....So this is the right time for us to discuss. Show me your opinions, guys Smile All opinions will help me and others a lot.

P/S: Thanks Skit for reporting the tournament.

description[Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks? EmptyRe: [Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks?

more_horiz
When pendulum summon steps on the peak (with legit searchers for cards) and some creativity the old decks can top.

I've seen some bad-ass combos with old cards

description[Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks? EmptyRe: [Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks?

more_horiz
Ehhhh as in old decks you mean? like Heros?

more_horiz
Just wanna quote some ppl that said.

"The game is always powercreeping. It's what it does. This spring we will hit the point where it'll get out of hand, a bunch of stuff will be banned and then rinse and repeat."

And :

Power unexpectedly creeps up on all of us. I mean, one moment you're on top of her and then, before you know it, she's on top of you.

more_horiz
Mine Diamon Dude Deck's doing just fine versus new decks ._..
So is my Kuriboh deck ._..

more_horiz
I like to believe old decks still have a chance if they could get some good openings.

more_horiz
Im still using my beloved GK's if thats considered old,

more_horiz
@Anzo,DW's the best example.
@Minaj,they have new support ._..Not considered an old deck D:.

more_horiz
My Dimensional Eatos is doing just as good as the time a couple of us (me included) created the deck back in the day.

more_horiz
But are they good enough to go against tier 1

more_horiz
played vs chronomaly, gimmick puppets, new archfiends, heiratic rulers deck be like "You will have no grave... now you will have no effects either... get owned by a 1600 ATK monster that pokes you all day..."

more_horiz
They could beat them but they have their best cards limited or banned.

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
Ehhhh as in old decks you mean? like Heros?

Actually Ancient Gear [Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks? 3974120512

more_horiz
Eh new decks may use pendulum too Oh Shit not sure about that.

@Kandy any that's old. From Fire Fist backward.

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
Eh new decks may use pendulum too Oh Shit not sure about that.

@Kandy any that's old. From Fire Fist backward.

Pendulum is just a ss metod.

Actually, that's what the old decks needed [Discussion] Can old decks beat new decks? 3974120512

more_horiz
It's still not very popular much. Only see Train using that.

more_horiz
Pendulum is over hyped and blows,it's so easy to get rid of and makes the game stupid.
Macro Rabbit or Dino Rabbit is still an alive deck,yes it can beat meta.Found an interesting list on Pojo and it works + it's a budget.

more_horiz
Obviously some old decks can beat top tiers if you get them rolling. Of course, it depends on many factors, but it primarily depends on the particular match-ups.

more_horiz
Play using Bujin vs this deck http://prntscr.com/3f0ury .
Bujin has to use this banlist,GL!

more_horiz
Skitler wrote:

Well , interesting. set rotation .... hmmm

more_horiz
Order of Chaos wrote:
Skitler wrote:

Well , interesting. set rotation .... hmmm

I dare you!

more_horiz
Depends on the banlist

more_horiz
Good point Skit. Banlist does give us old decks boosted or new ones nerf'd but they will keep releasing new OP archetypes so k.

more_horiz
E drags been dodging banlist for 3 formats now....

more_horiz
Eh that's a special case because they still want to make money with them.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply