Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Anime Otakus, what's your fav anime?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+20
Skitoritto
Virus
Train Heartnet
Kurono
GTempest
BERKAY
ALu
FluffyTots
Salader
PabelFTW
Gustavo
Jikan
Anzo
Efane
Azure King
Centrik
Linda-Senpai
atroxeus
BlackWarGreymon
ConnerDrake4
24 posters

descriptionAnime Otakus, what's your fav anime? EmptyAnime Otakus, what's your fav anime?

more_horiz
I as an anime otaku have almost no favorite anime and here is how i react to this question

Friend: so whats your favorite anime
Me: favorite?

if you have a favorite anime please do share and none of the mainstream stuff

Real anime otakus don't favourite mainstream

this includes Bleach, Naruto, One piece, Fairy tail, and Pokemon (the last one is for those who are still pokemon anime fans (not saying there is since ASH STILL IS FREEKING 10 YEARS OLD))

Narutards stay away OTAKUS COME AND SHARE YOUR ANIME

I WANT TO WATCH MORE ANIME
please share an anime to watch and tell us what it is about PLZZZZZZ

and please do enjoy talking to the other otakus

descriptionAnime Otakus, what's your fav anime? EmptyRe: Anime Otakus, what's your fav anime?

more_horiz
Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21

descriptionAnime Otakus, what's your fav anime? EmptyRe: Anime Otakus, what's your fav anime?

more_horiz
I'm not a otaku man, that much, kinda... Yeah. XD
Currently I watch and read both Naruto Shippuden. (Chapter 627 is epiic. :D)
And these are my all-time favorites:
- Code Geass R1/R2 also the boukoku no akito (Waiting for the 2nd part! Daamn.)
- Steins;Gate
- Psycho Pass
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Sword Art Online
- Accel World
- Dragonball Z and GT (Simply, epic)

I know some of them are pretty mainstream, but I can't help it. XD Those are good. :D

more_horiz
atroxeus wrote:
I'm not a otaku man, that much, kinda... Yeah. XD
Currently I watch and read both Naruto Shippuden. (Chapter 627 is epiic. :D)
And these are my all-time favorites:
- Code Geass R1/R2 also the boukoku no akito (Waiting for the 2nd part! Daamn.)
- Steins;Gate
- Psycho Pass
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Sword Art Online
- Accel World
- Dragonball Z and GT (Simply, epic)

I know some of them are pretty mainstream, but I can't help it. XD Those are good. :D

Ok when i say anything but mainstream i mean anime that are known by even non anime fans are mainstream how many people do you know that are not anime fans ever heard of Sword Art Online
you named 4 animes that are not mainstream for sure
DBZ obvious its an anime starter the thing that gets people into anime
so is naruto now
i call mainstream animes "starter anime"
if it is known of by non anime fans it has to be mainstream
if you think those animes are good try out these (animes that are watched by countless anime otakus)
Lucky Star
Baka and Test bot seasons (very funny)
Hellsing Ultimate (watch only if you are ok with super blood and gore and religious symbols and weird stuff........ its a Vampire anime there)
High School of The Dead (Alucards, from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, fault for this happening lol)
DBZA by TFS (if your not already watching it on youtube)
Strike Witches
Spice and Wolf
Familiar of Zero (funny cute and romantic in someways all at the same time but also has action)
Rock Star Shooter (based off of Hatsune Miku)
Midori Days (just cute how it is and a bit funny)
Hetalia (most popular amongst the true otakus so cut and so funny)
Infinite Stratos IS

those are a few that i love because they are evrything i love combined into a single genre (aside from Hellsing probably the most bloody anime EVER)

anyway watch those see what you think

more_horiz
Only animes I watch are Pokemon and Yugioh Zexal.

more_horiz
Gintama + HSDK ::Monkey37::

more_horiz
hmm... let's see...

Zero no Tsukaima
Rosario + Vampire
SAO
Soul Eater
FMA: Brotherhood
Hayate no Gotoku
Needless
Code Geass
Dog Days
Elfen Lied
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Helsing
Fate/Stay
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00
G Gundam
Kiss x Sis
Zombie Loan
Vampire Knight
Rurouni Kenshin
Princess Lover!
Persona: Trinity Soul
Persona 4 The Animation
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
DBZ
Bleach
Naruto Shipudden
Blue Gender

there are more... but i forget them...

more_horiz
domekko doubutsu
the legend of the legendary heroes
slayers (its awsome as - I'm so happy, it's unbelievable -)
lupin III
yakitate japan

more_horiz
Fairy Tail
BLEACH
Naruto
One Piece
Bakuman
Area No Kish
Sket DANCE
Major
K
psycho-pass
Code: Breaker
cardfight vanguard
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA
Dai No Daibouken
Chihayafuru
Darker than black
Code Geass
Soul Eater
Helsing
Fate/Stay night
Persona: Trinity Soul
Persona 4 The Animation
Dragon Ball Z
Gundam (all series)
Prince of tennis
Gintama
Fullmetal Alchemist (both editions)

Few more animes, can't remember their names .-.

more_horiz

B'T X and B'T X Neo
They are the same show. They labeled season two differently.

I stole this review from a user(TheSakuraX) on myanimelist.com:

Story: 8/10
Big baddy versus talented youth SOUNDS cliche, but what really sets this story apart is the world and how dark it eventually gets. The world-building is done wonderfully here. It's a wonderful mesh between what we consider the 'real world' and a dark, dystopian world of mecha.

The real joy in this story is the eventual unfolding of the plot. The writers took a cliche story and gave it a pretty dark backstory. There are some points where you sort of have to stop and take in how absolutely terrible the scenario is for some of these people. You have wars, friends and families--SPOILER--DELETED--, an overtone of supernatural evil etc etc.

In a way, I found it really depressing. I actually couldn't see how on Earth the heroes were going to win. In the end, that's the genius of this anime. Usually when a semi-powerful Hero goes up against an all-powerful Villain, it's pretty obvious the hero's going to win.
--Not in this case. This Villain is one mysterious bad-ass with an army of crazy (and crazily strong) minions whose numbers feel like they could swallow our heroes whole.

Art: 8/10
Not bad, typical 90s shounen style. I had a crush on Teppei as a kid so I'm a little biased. ...And I also wanted a B'T because they're just so awesome. If you look at them, their actually very intracately designed!

Sound: 10/10
I loved the OST. I absolutely loved it. It was exciting, moving, and completely fitting to the anime.

Character: 8/10
They're a little cliche, but somehow still loveable. There's always an extra something in their personalities that sets them apart from other characters of the same cliche. It's one of those things you can't really put your finger on.

Enjoyment: 8/10
...I really...REALLY liked this lol.
(Not as much as the OVA though.)

Overall: 8/10

Recommended --highly even. It's a good story, and I might even call it 'classic' more than cliche because it really has depth to it. It's not as well known as other animes of the same type and genre, but I still think it's better than most of them by FAR. Like I said, the good ones always have you wondering how it'll end. It's no fun when the Hero's already won the battle...before he's even gone into the battle.

Everything I could have told you about it... except I never had a crush on Teppei. lol

If I could emphasize any points this person made. It's cliche but there is something about how cliche it is makes it great. It must be watched in Japanese dub. Enjoy!

more_horiz
This is kind of a big question.

more_horiz
Death Note

/thread

more_horiz
Sket Dance, Hajime No Ippo, and Samurai Champloo.
Recently new favorite - Ao No Exorcists (Finished watching it yesterday, planning to read the manga)

more_horiz
Awesome guys and the guy who said Zero no Tsukaima is awesome for liking that

LONG LIVE ANIME OTAKUS

more_horiz
Take My Anime List:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Salader

more_horiz
Bokuwa Tomodachi Ga sukunai and A channel.

Btw a Great site is Chia-Anime. It has like over 3000 animes.

more_horiz
I've seen too much anime in my life and I'm afraid that a top 5, even a top 25 list won't happen, I will most certainly miss something and that's unpleasant.

But, I'll tell you the one that I've seen several times and that is Steins;Gate.

I'll also tell you the funniest modern anime Japan ever made, Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu. Just finished it once more and I laughed my ass off even more than last time since I went for inner details.

more_horiz
1. Baka and Test was the funniest i have EVER SEEN so funny that i almost had to have someone take me to the hospital i laughed so hard i couldnt breath at all.
2. from the person that sent the link you have not finished sword art online there will be a season 3 soon dont keep Hellsing on hold watch all 10 episodes of hellsing ultimate as soon as possible and high school DxD New is one anime i cant wait for to come out im so psyched about it.
3. ill give you a list of animes i watched and what i finished and what i am planing to watch.
watching
Soul Eater
host club
and Blue exorcist
Nozoki Ana
Finished
Baka and test
Bakuman
Sword art online seasons 1-2
DragonBall Z Kai
Highschool DXD
Panty and stockings (dont like very much)
Bleach... (mainstream anime ended so i can say this)
Ravemaster
Fruits Basket
he is my master
Fooly Cooly
Mirai Nikki
Mijiokoi..... (not sure how to spell that)
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Infinite Stratos
(just to name the ones i remember right now off the bat)

On hold

PPGZ not saying what it is but i watched one episode and said wow japan actually destroyed something

Plan to watch
Accel World
HSOTD
Girls Bravo
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Highschool DxD New
Yugioh GX 4th season (heard it was the best Yugioh GX season)
Elfen Lied
Demon King Diamo

more_horiz
Here is all animes I've watched. It's chronological ^.^

Oban Star-Racers
Shaman King
Pretty Cure
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Digimon Tamers
Digimon Frontier
InuYasha
Rockman.EXE
Last Exile
No. 6
The World God Only Knows
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Air Gear
Ao no Exorcist
sh*t
Black Rock Shooter
Rockman.EXE Axess
Shakugan No Shana
Shakugan No Shana Second
Shakugan No Shana Final
Angel Beats!
Another
Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
Fate Stay Night
Fate Zero
Koi Suru Boukun

more_horiz
Are you looking to watch a certain genre in particular? I've seen over 800 anime so I can point you to some good stuff.

more_horiz
im not looking for a certain genre i just wanna watch more anime
I LOVE ANIME
i actually am practicing to become a pro manga artist i hope to be one someday
anyway
the only anime i dont really like are the super horror scary anime action with a lot of violence like hellsing ultimate (so bloody) are ok but stuff that are scary scary like the game Amnesia (not the anime) where a monster shows up and scares the living crap out of you no i dont like that

Alu top 100 or even top 200 is ok if you have too XD (not really to much to read at once)
Adriena who are you referring too and please keep on the subject
Berkay i need to see some of the anime you listed like World only god knows i heard it was good and  thought i should get into it

I usually get dubbed anime at any dubbed anime sites i see but for subbed i get them probably at gogogoanime (the only anime site not blocked by the school)
by the way POKEMON X AND Y ANIME IS COMING IN JULY YES IM SO EXCITED
BENCHES

more_horiz
I suggest Fate series, it's awesome.

more_horiz
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Pokemon, Bleach, Death Note, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Black Butler, xxxHolic, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, Loveless, Vampire Knight, Black Cat, InuYasha, Fairy Tail OVA, The Slayers, Trigun, Rave Master, Sword Art Online, Beyblade, Suzuka.

And some other animes I forgot their names.

more_horiz
what you should be watching: Black Cat, Fate/Stay Night, FSN UBW, Fate/Zero, Zetsuen no Tempest, Darker than Black, Trigun.

^that sounded like what funimation says but meh can't help it, I have seen too much One Piece D:

more_horiz
K.Hitman Reborn, Darker Than Black, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Death Note, Vampire Knight

that's all :p

more_horiz
 Full Metal Alchemist is the best Anime of all times..mainstream animas sux except One Piece :D.

more_horiz
Kurono and Train Hearten i think you are forgetting an anime that is on your avatars (Rosario Vampire) seeing you both have characters from there

more_horiz
Not my most favorite anime. e.e

more_horiz
well it doesnt have to be i dont really like some animes i still listed them since they are animes and other people might like them heck people kept on saying SAO and is looked it up since everyone liked it and i just said i know SAO since i heard it was good so yeah now i just cant stop thinking its epic (cute girl with a dragon on her head your argument is invalid)

more_horiz
Just watched angel beats and gotta say.... HOLY CRAP THAT WAS SAD AND GOOD

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply