Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Card of The Week #6

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Mapster50
Second Last
Centrik
TDS
Train
Jun-Lian Chang
BlackWarGreymon
The_Nameless
12 posters

descriptionCard of The Week #6 EmptyCard of The Week #6

more_horiz
CoTW #6: Tragoedia

Card of The Week #6 300px-Tragoedia-BP01-EN-SFR-1E

Effect: When you take Battle Damage: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card gains 600 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. Once per turn: You can send 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with the same Level as the sent monster; take control of that target. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes the same as that target's, until the End Phase.

An oldie, but a goodie! Tragoedia is a very powerful monster, since it can be used very defensively, but it also gains a lot of ATK/DEF so you can use it to attack for big amounts of life points after you summoned it, or you have a big wall. Of course only if you have a lot of cards in your hand, which makes this card perfect for decks that keep their recources in hand, such as Lightsworns, Chaos Piper, Prophecy or Monrarchs - meanwhile it gives your opponent somehting to deal with.
But you can also special summon it during your turn! For example when you take battle damage from attacking a defense position monster with higher defense then your attacking monster or if your opponent surprised you with a Forbidden Lance.
Next is the awesome effect of taking control of other monsters: This is quite usefull, since a lot of decks run a variety of Levels nowadays (e.g. Mermail).
On top of that it can change it's Level, to the Level of a monster in the graveyard, allowing you to make easy Synchros or Xyz, and here it gives you flexibility as well, since you could make Synchros of different Levels, or Xyz of different Ranks with it.
Then it is "immune" to Bottomless or Torrential when it is summoned, since that happens in the Damage Step. And your opponent will not want to compulse it back to your hand! Overall this is a very good and powerful card in some decks and can be life saving too!

Last edited by The_Nameless on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCard of The Week #6 EmptyRe: Card of The Week #6

more_horiz
One of my favourites Smile
It is must have Razz

more_horiz
Great card! Love him in my Invincible Slifer. Too bad I only have on real copy q-q

more_horiz
its reepy if you read the manga and turns out to be the heart of a evil magge that light and darkness drgon and winnged kuriboh sealed in a card :L

more_horiz
use it to steal opponents cards :L

more_horiz
Train I read the manga, and it was the reason I started to like this card Smile

more_horiz
Great card it is. I even mentioned it in some of the classroom before.

descriptionCard of The Week #6 Emptymy oppion

more_horiz
Its a very good card and is very flexiable he can set up for so many plays. Hes saved my ass alot. Hes tried and tested and not found wanting

more_horiz
I love this card <3333

more_horiz
why is this called card of the week? its been trag for awhile

more_horiz
Because it was card of the week when the topic was started. The topic itself is like a month and a half old now, people just keep posting on it

more_horiz
Longest week of my life

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
Longest week of my life

Indeed , DA staff we want a nomination thread every week !

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply