Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCard of The Week No. 1 EmptyCard of The Week No. 1

more_horiz
CoTW No.1: Forbidden Dress

Card of The Week No. 1 ForbiddenDress-ABYR-EN-OP

Quickplay-Spell, Effect: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the End Phase, that target loses 600 ATK, but it cannot be targeted or destroyed by other card effects.

This card just came out in Abyss Rising (ABYR) and it is a very good card to use at the moment. Why? Well Torrential Tribute and Mirror Force are both semi-limited and there is a lot of monster removal running around, like Atlantean Heavy Infantry or just general removal like Master Hyperion. The other awesome thing about this card is: It prevents targeting as well!! You could, for example, prevent your opponent from reusing Wind-Up Magician with Wind-Up Rabbit and Rabbit's effect would still be used. You can also save your own cards of course, from cards like Compulsory Evacuation Device or Scrap Dragon. Also it's versatility is comparable to Forbidden Lance, since you can also use it to kill an attacking monster your opponent controls. It concerning the ATK makes the card usable during the Damage Step too, another good thing about the card.

Overall a very versatile card and highly recommended on my side. It is a good addition to the "Forbidden"-Quickplay Archtype.

Last edited by The_Nameless on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCard of The Week No. 1 EmptyRe: Card of The Week No. 1

more_horiz
it's sometimes better then forbidden lance so that even monster's effects can not affect your card

more_horiz
They both have essentially the same effects. Lance lets you bypass cards like Gravity Bind and fields along with the 800ATK decrease on an enemy monster and Dress lets you avoid monster effects as well. It's hard to decide which one to actually use in a deck since they're both just too good.

I'm still using Lance though, simply because of the 800ATK decrease it gives enemy monsters, though sometimes that can backfire when I use it on my own monsters. Dress seems to be more of the card to use if you're planning to protect monsters with it.

more_horiz
Agreed, this card is awesome

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply