Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Shooting Quasar Dragon...

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+4
Amy Kool
Kira Amadeus
Crystal beast king
Tenshiin Yomato
8 posters

descriptionShooting Quasar Dragon... EmptyShooting Quasar Dragon...

more_horiz
Well, I haven't seemed to be able to duel anyone here in Duel Academy (they're either never on or too busy to duel), and I haven't dueled in a millenia, so I decided to check out the scene at the Dueling Network. 4 or 5 duels in, and I noticed something... of those 5 duels, 3 of them were using the same combo: the T.G. Hyper Librarian card summoned 3 times to Flash-Summon a Shooting Quasar Dragon. 4000 ATK, 4000 DEF. Once per turn, negates a Spell/Trap/Monster effect.

Sounds great, huh? But here's my question: why is it overused? Even today, when I've dueled like 100 times on DN, nearly all of them used this combo: a similar combo of mine, using Turbulence and Fishborg and whatnot, but instead whips out T.G. Hyper Librarian to draw, like, 10 cards, then summons the Quasar Dragon.

It's a powerful combo, but it kinda irks me that people are too lazy to come up with their own combo, so they just copy someone elses: also, it's not that hard to beat. He can only negate ONE effect per turn, so if you activated 2 trap cards (like, when I activated Reckless Greed [which he negated], then I chained Skill Drain to Dimensional Prison), he could only negate the first one.

OR, you could remove him from the field, bringing out Shooting Star Dragon, and use an effect, like Brionac's, to bounce him back to the Extra Deck. Also, if you stop the combo before they can whip out Quasar, with Torrential Tribute persay, they're left wide open for a direct assault.

It's kind of gotten old, since I've dueled against this combo MANY times. More than half of my duels was against this deck.

descriptionShooting Quasar Dragon... EmptyRe: Shooting Quasar Dragon...

more_horiz
I just noticed that Surprised

more_horiz
I only met Quisar once :D and lost to it since then i haven't seen anyone summoning him (maybe i'm to pro for them Smile)) and i don't give them time to do their plan Smile ) and i haven't summoned him eighter Neutral usually becouse i always play different decks :D

more_horiz
Its because Librarian and Quasar became very popular and Plant builds are now at their top era. There is always possibility to use a deck that will break down those combos. For example I like to go Dark World against those that have high rating since they all use either Sams or Librarian/Quasar or GK decks. One Deck Devastation Virus to Plant build with Quasar and Librarian and they scoop immediately lol. So if you feel like beating those just use something against. Its what people love to use. Librarian is pretty new and everyone wants to try it out.

Also note that Quasar is spell speed 2 which makes him vulnerable to many Counter traps out there.

more_horiz
I've dueled only once against this combo , I was using GKz so he just didn't have a chance .. lol

more_horiz
I haven't met a Quassar build yet, maybe because i FTK/OTK them on my first move XD

more_horiz
Ever seen Quassar summoned in a LS deck?

Once i dueled in DMG it was a free for all match with 4 players a guy summoned Quassar using a LS deck. His field contained 2 JD, 1 Quassar, Stardust, and wulf he OTK'ed 4 people at once. The funny thing is his deck build was the standard LS build with 1 or 2 extra tech. I was lmao when he did it

more_horiz
I am now lmao about it Smile

more_horiz
i summoned him with 3 monsters quickdraw lv eater synchron exporer

lv eat quick draw summon junk warrior lv eat junk to lv4 normal synchron exporer ss quickdraw summon road warrior use eff ss unkown synchron lv eat road lv 7 ss formula lv eat road again lv6 lv 6+lv 4+ lv 2 ss Shooting Quasar Dragon all in one turn

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply