Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Children's Card Game!?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+7
KingMP94
Train Heartnet
Amy Kool
DrakonEX
PhantomX
BliTz
Tenshiin Yomato
11 posters

descriptionChildren's Card Game!? EmptyChildren's Card Game!?

more_horiz
I have so many people tell me that I shouldn't play Yu-Gi-Oh!, because it's a "children's card game". I still don't understand where that logic comes in: if you boil it down, it's not childish at all.

First of all, the card game is a severe form of strategy. Not only does it involve a high intelligent thought during the game, it also occurs before (with deck building). I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that alot of 9-year-olds aren't quite capable of such wisdom. Trust me, I've dueled my share of them.

Second of all, of the people who play Yu-Gi-Oh!, it is mostly OLDER people who play. I spend alot of time with Yu-Gi-Oh! AND people (children and adults alike), as I tutor dueling in my town. And of the people who play, it's about 17% kids, and 83% people my age or older.

Anyone else's opinions/experiences? I hope I'm not the only one who sees this logic...

descriptionChildren's Card Game!? EmptyRe: Children's Card Game!?

more_horiz
well yugioh is a very complicated strategic game, but when u think about it its just a game based on cartoons with monsters, magic etc.

So its understandable when people call it a children's card game

more_horiz
It's because they've just never played it on a competitive level.

more_horiz
PhantomX wrote:
It's because they've just never played it on a competitive level.

Good one Sparta

more_horiz
Put it this way, game is not for children at all but if a girl asks you what do you do in free time, would you be proud to say I play ygo? (lets say you like her and want to impress her)

I don't think you would mention ygo at all there because its childish :D

From this you can understand why is it not for children when it comes to level of knowledge you need to play on a competitive line and why it is still childish when it comes to life in general Smile

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
Put it this way, game is not for children at all but if a girl asks you what do you do in free time, would you be proud to say I play ygo? (lets say you like her and want to impress her)

I don't think you would mention ygo at all there because its childish :D

From this you can understand why is it not for children when it comes to level of knowledge you need to play on a competitive line and why it is still childish when it comes to life in general Smile

Not so true >_> , a lot of girls like ygo, even my gf is a big ygo fan and i am not ashamed at all that i play a game that has so many strategies and techniques to learn in order to call yourself good at it that's almost impossible to accomplish because a new unique strategy that has never been played before comes into the competitive scene. And I do agree this game is not for children at all, they simply cannot understand all of it's rules too well (one of the reasons Konami wants to make the game more directed at them and simplify the rules).

more_horiz
I was more speaking about adults not teens. By this I mean ygo is a game like any other game. In my country people have to be responsible. This means they have to earn money to educate at high levels to get a job, know many other things in life, marriage is still priority and you need to convince a girl that you can be a good father and take care of your family to be someone in life. A girl must know also many things as house jobs and also have a full time job outside her house. Many people are very poor and cant earn for living and you have to be very good to be successful. By all this ygo is a childrens card game because adults dont have time for this, its just a game.

And Train, if you meet a girl at the (adult) party you won't impress her with ygo for sure believe me Wink

more_horiz
Well I don't have to, I could do it as easily with my archery skills for example (training archery since i was 4 years old Cool)or my intelligence and good knowledge in most aspects. And the same applies for my country, you must have a very good education in order to succeed in life and find yourself a good job, i can tell because most of the people in my country are very, very poor (I am in a family that just makes it but it's still very poor). Thats why I am studying very hard and prepare myself to go to university in September. In this aspect I agree with you, ygo is just a game but this topic was not meant for this reason, in other words we are spaming by going offtopic with the serious stuff irl.

more_horiz
If you plan on getting laid, don't mention you play YGO to a girl Smile

more_horiz
The King is right :D

more_horiz
Yugioh gets you all the bitches. This topic is a lie.

more_horiz
PhantomX wrote:

Yu-Gi-Oh got me you <3

more_horiz
Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.

people like me don't take this game is a priority or something , its something for fun and to waste time when i have allot of it. You guys talking about how much this is a "childish" and that is true also that is why no on i know knows anything about me playing YGO . When a girl ask ya what do you do in your free-time you ofc don't mention a word that related to YGO Oh Shit reason is simple , YOU DONT WANNA GET SCREWED. use the b-day trick. lol Wink

more_horiz
PhantomX wrote:

Then you must be nailing some pretty ugly bitches.

more_horiz
If anyone mentions again ygo and not childish together -> Banned

Sparta

more_horiz
Children's Card Game!? 736568

more_horiz
xixima, all you have said is absolutely right. All people who haven't played are like this and not only them actually.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
If anyone mentions again ygo and not childish together -> Banned

Sparta

Shadow wrote:
Children's Card Game!? 736568

Hell you got that right!

more_horiz
Anzo I'ma ban you for spamming so much.

more_horiz
If Yu-Gi-Oh! is childish, then it must be the only childish thing I do. Someone being "childish" overall because of one thing is ridiculus. If I watched Teletubbies, wore baby-blue pajamas to bed every night, spent my money on Belly-washers, AND played Yu-Gi-Oh!, I wouldn't have anything to say. But that most certainly is not the case.

And as for Yu-Gi-Oh! "interfering" with education and such, I agee with Anzo: it's not meant to be primary for life, it's just one thing, and the intelligence it takes to function in Yu-Gi-Oh! could be excellently applied elsewhere. Yu-Gi-Oh! does not interfere with my work at high school, handling of budget, or job as a DJ.

more_horiz
Hell Yea

more_horiz
If only yugioh was like poker Smile)) to win money from it in ever country Neutral
THIS WOULD SHUT EVERYONES MOUTH

more_horiz
True that , but too much sackers ._.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply