Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

What got you into yugioh?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Solymero
BliTz
Amy Kool
Train Heartnet
masterkoitsu
BERKAY
DrakonEX
jed5150
12 posters

descriptionWhat got you into yugioh? EmptyWhat got you into yugioh?

more_horiz
So i've been wondering how you all got into yugioh?

I've liked Yugioh since i was young, I used to watch the original all the time. Then l got into GX later, Never got into 5d's. I've been playing the card game for 4 years.

EDIT: I should probably explain my story a little bit more.

So i was like in 3 or 4th grade and yugioh had just come out. I got my hands on some packs and made a dark magcian deck. I had gotten into it a lot, yugioh had lost its cool to pokemon in 5th grade, and I sort of meeked out to. A couple of years ago I had just recently got back into it.

Last edited by jed5150 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionWhat got you into yugioh? EmptyRe: What got you into yugioh?

more_horiz
1st time i heard of yugioh was in 4th or 5th grade i belive. After they aired the anime on TV station in my country, the whole school "erupted" with cards. Every one of us had yugioh cards. The school became a duelgrownd betwen the class breaks even thow verry, verry few knew the rules.
But it was fun, it was like in the anime. Everyone hunting for rare cards.... i miss those days.

more_horiz
Oh Shit I think same today! How I got into this dependency? :D

I was watching YGO DM at a German TV channel. Of course I didn't know German. But I really liked it. There were every episodes. I found KCVDS when I met with internet but I was really noob about it. I even didn't know how to decrease/increase LP. I also didn't know how to speak English (yes, I learnt English with YGO and forums)I was entering duels and when it needed to decrease my LP, I was quit. :D (This was like 7 years ago)

I forgot everything about YGO for a while. Then I met with a Turkish channel. There were every episodes of DM (There were another channel also but it was showing only Duelist Kingdom season) I watched all. Then they showed GX and I started to search cards at internet. I bought some weak Structure decks (Syrus and Jaden 1). I learnt English with them and my search on internet bring me to KCVDS once again. Since I know reall weak English this time, I asked most of you guys how to play. I learnt it. I dueled with Turkish kids most of time (doomtrust and Dark Aster) Of course I met them here, at DA (Like five years ago) and it goes...

more_horiz
The scenario that DrakonEX described pretty much reminds of my first years of dueling. It's really interesting to see how meta develops now and the trends we had in the past. If there are still people that experienced real life play and played the game since the first year of its release then they sure get my words. Can say that in some way, I grew up with it as my duelist mind counts that many years.

more_horiz
Same, story as DrakonEx although it was even earlier than him, it was fun, everyone wanned to have all 5 pieces of Exodia. And Berkay was the German TV Channels name RTL II (2)?

more_horiz
Yes it was named RTL II. So how does Amy know it? The story begins as this:

Since I was 6 years old my dad had that satellite antenna. It allowed me to watch many foreign channels including Cartoon Network and its dumb series lol. I started to watch German channels since many english were like banned after some time, you had to pay for them :D. So RTL II and many more were my source of TV programs. I dont really remember but I think it was year 2001, when I first saw Duel monsters on that TV channel that my lil brother watched. So it was kinda interesting and I watched it too. After that cards came out in real life and my bro bought them to play. He needed me to play with someone and so my ygo career started about 10 years ago.

As masterkoitsu said it was interesting to watch how the game advanced from its first days till today. Many things have changed from the time when monsters Atk and Def were most important things :D

more_horiz
lol my first experience was with tv as well xD
but very few people played at school since they were all into pokemon and duel masters. so i scowered the net and got Yugioh Power of Chaos but i couldn't get past 1st level so i quit and got into beyblade.. boy what fun that was Smile. then it died sadly.. so i went back searching for power of chaos that i had deleted and found kcvds.. for months i played with noob deck in advance lobby (only 25 ppl roamed advance lobby back then) until finally i found DA

i still remember screwing ppl with Ben Kei.. good times Smile

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
Yes it was named RTL II. So how does Amy know it? The story begins as this:

Since I was 6 years old my dad had that satellite antenna. It allowed me to watch many foreign channels including Cartoon Network and its dumb series lol. I started to watch German channels since many english were like banned after some time, you had to pay for them :D. So RTL II and many more were my source of TV programs. I dont really remember but I think it was year 2001, when I first saw Duel monsters on that TV channel that my lil brother watched. So it was kinda interesting and I watched it too. After that cards came out in real life and my bro bought them to play. He needed me to play with someone and so my ygo career started about 10 years ago.

As masterkoitsu said it was interesting to watch how the game advanced from its first days till today. Many things have changed from the time when monsters Atk and Def were most important things :D

Innovation describes clearly the first years of the game as long as I can remember, Amy. If we, veteran players, decide to do something like a crazy thread about the decks that topped then, my Crush Card Virus will sure have a prominent position among the others lol.

more_horiz
DrakonEX wrote:
1st time i heard of yugioh was in 4th or 5th grade i belive. After they aired the anime on TV station in my country, the whole school "erupted" with cards. Every one of us had yugioh cards. The school became a duelgrownd betwen the class breaks even thow verry, verry few knew the rules.
But it was fun, it was like in the anime. Everyone hunting for rare cards.... i miss those days.

I wish that happened to my school, but it never did. Sad
I was caught up into yugioh with my brothers.
Here's the story:
How I got into Yu-Gi-Oh
It starts in a toy store, my oldest bro is outta town with my mom and my other bro, dad, and me go to toys r us. My bro gets a yugioh starter deck, the Yugi one. I get a booster pack. rant
Later that night, my dad takes me out and treats me by buying me the second yugioh starter deck, Kaiba. I was enthralled. Later when my other bro came home, he got the Pegasus starter deck, and my bro got the Joey one. We dueled for so long, making up tournaments and everything. It was a very special time in my life.
Well, that's how it happened. We also watched the show on television.

more_horiz
It all started when I was in 2nd grade ,,, I travelled abroad to Morroco .. and in the hotel I opened the tv ... And there was yugioh ,, ( It was in French , but still it was cool..xDDD) ,, I still remember,,, it was Yami Yugi vs some guy with a mask ( xD ,, yes, I do still remember) .. Then when I went back to school in egypt .. I had totally forgotten about that.. until I found some kids getting those cards ,, and dueling all around with them .. For god's sake they dueled with how cool the picture looked ... and ignored the effect and atk/def xDDDD ... (btw all the cards were fake ,, as konami isn't available in egypt)... anyways I still remember my first original deck (my father bought it from U.S) It was structure deck(6 ,,I think) Warrior Triumph...

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
Berkay was the German TV Channels name RTL II (2)?

Yes, it was so. :D All of our stories are interesting. :D

more_horiz
I was like 3th grade.. it was 2004-2005.. everyone had a lot of cards back then it was full with fans.. duelists invasion :D sweet times! we were ready to kill for a egyptian god card.. it was huge mania in all over the country

more_horiz
RTL II got me into it. That's my story.

more_horiz
Back in 2003 , was my first year playing this game . At first i didn't like it much but after i saw some series Yami/Yugi Muto was my favor character in this world. I decided to play this game and learn everything about it .. but well, i was still a kid and can't but an original cards not mentioning the war stuff in my country .

When we moved to Syria , i got the chance to know about this game more via the internet ... but the game wasn't that cool or important to me since i was the only one that i know playing this game ... in 2004 my brother started to play this game and play it seriously and same for my cousin . So i said why the heck not lets learn this game and ftw .. 2 months only after that i was the biggest fan of this game in my town .. (small area huh ..)
I was playing YGO from time to time with my friends and cousin , and also in an old game called Joey the destiny .-.

in 2007 i found Battle City or setoaiba.com (currently kaibacorporation.com)
and since then am taking this game seriously until this very moment.

more_horiz
Mah sissy was waaay obsessed with Egyptian stoofs after watching The Mummy or somethin, then she got into Yugioh. Then after a while, I got into it too. xD

I was seriously like 5 or 6 at the time. And I've been playin it ever since. xD

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply