Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionScrap Hunter EmptyScrap Hunter

more_horiz
If I use Scrap Hunter's effect to destroy Scrap Beast and add a Scrap Gobby to my grave, does Beast's effect miss the timing?

descriptionScrap Hunter EmptyRe: Scrap Hunter

more_horiz
Destroying the target monster and sending 1 Tuner from your Deck to the Graveyard occur simultaneously, so if you destroy Scrap Goblin or Scrap Beast with this effect you can still activate the effect of Scrap Goblin or Scrap Beast.[1]
Check Wikia 1st before asking
some explanations:
"... destroy it, AND send 1 tuner monster..."
because it's connected with "AND" and not "TO" therefore both destroying and sending is an effect. not like destroying is cost while sending is the effect.

Last edited by DarkMatter on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing the size.)

more_horiz
Scrap Beast and Scrap Goblin cannot miss timing because of the different wording in the effect between those and other monster i.e Naturia Cliff.

Naturia Cliff's effect: When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Naturia" monster from your Deck to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position.

Scrap Beast's effect: If this face-up Defense Position card is selected as an attack target, destroy this card at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a "Scrap" card and sent to the Graveyard, you can select 1 "Scrap" monster in your Graveyard, except "Scrap Beast" and add it to your hand.

IF can never miss timing, But When effects can miss the timing.

more_horiz
Confirming Sam. The clause "If...you can.." doesn't miss the timing, unlike "When...you can..".

/Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply