Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDueling Network Breach EmptyDueling Network Breach

more_horiz
Some of you may have heard already, but for those of you who haven't, Dueling Network has had their database breached, meaning every single user who was registered, has had their Dueling Network account's password & the email you used to receive your confirmation email when you first registered, leaked. Here's a video with more information about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjDGamsTRs

As suggested in the video, you should change your email account's password, just to be safe, and also go to link in the description of the video and get your email removed from the site that is holding all of this information. This won't remove the password, but it will remove your email from the information showed, so that people with malicious intent cannot use it for malicious purposes.

descriptionDueling Network Breach EmptyRe: Dueling Network Breach

more_horiz
Does this include banned accounts?

more_horiz
But isnt dn down? Why the breach now, like wtf. Also i dont even remember my email for dn

more_horiz
I like how my 13-year-old self used new, now unusable e-mail or those fake 10mins ones lmao.

more_horiz
All my banned accounts got leaked...I think I had like 20...I am glad I used the same password on all of them and none of them was my actual email's gladly.

more_horiz
If someone gets my email I'll sue the what's left of DN.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:

At most you'll get 4$

more_horiz
STX wrote:
Lux wrote:

At most you'll get 4$

That sounds good to me

more_horiz
DN tryin to fuck with people even after they died i dont see why they didnt discontinue the server.

more_horiz
Do you have any idea what kind of breach this is? Did they get the passwords unencrypted? Because unencrypted is really serious for people of medium-low password strengths, while encrypted leaves you with plenty of time depending on how good your password is.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Does this include banned accounts?

I'm almost certain it does, because if you attempted to view a banned user on DN, no matter the length/type of ban, their user profile was still there, which would lead me to believe that their information was not erased, so their information will be up on the site for all to see.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:
But isnt dn down? Why the breach now, like wtf. Also i dont even remember my email for dn

Because that data sells for a decent amount of cash. It was likely one of the staffers who had access to it (probably an Admin), they wanted to make a quick buck before DNF closed and BLS potentially wiping DN/DNF clean.

jjh927 wrote:
Do you have any idea what kind of breach this is? Did they get the passwords unencrypted? Because unencrypted is really serious for people of medium-low password strengths, while encrypted leaves you with plenty of time depending on how good your password is.

They were unencrypted, I went and checked if mine was actually on the site and it was, though it is encrypted to a very low degree, unless you pay for an account, which is 1$ per a day and that will grant you access to all of that information. But remember, this is just your DN account password, not your email's. I'm only bringing this up, because I know a lot of people use the same password for everything.

more_horiz
dn such an earthbound spirit now heh

tho i change my emails password everyday so its ok

more_horiz
Stop, its fake news. No need to panic. This is all so you can donate money to their site so that they remove your data, but instead you are giving them your data.  Its 6 million accounts and if most donate to get their info removed then you are making them rich.

more_horiz
lol, well if thats the case then its like those prank calls or scam mails, the one who moves, DIES

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Stop, its fake news. No need to panic. This is all so you can donate money to their site so that they remove your data, but instead you are giving them your data.  Its 6 million accounts and if most donate to get their info removed then you are making them rich.

You don't have to pay to have your email removed, the only thing you'd pay for, is to actually view the passwords and some other various things. Also, I don't understand how inputting your email to remove your email that is ALREADY on the site, is giving them your data. That makes absolutely no sense.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply