Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duelist/Staff of the Week!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
Pepchoninga
TricMagic
CrimsonOverlord
Galaksii
Booked
9 posters

descriptionDuelist/Staff of the Week!  EmptyDuelist/Staff of the Week!

more_horiz
Another suggestion, more work on staff of course lol.

I know DA used to have this ides before where we would recognize people and award them points or something. Well, why not let our duelists know they are appreciated and have "Duelist of the week" where someone gets featured every week, or month if its too much work for yall. Have a subforum for it, and have a post dedicated each week and month for that duelist selected. They win points of course. (not many, but some points.)

The Duelist selected gets to be picked by either staff or the community. Of course if you want to go the extra mile, you can feature that duelist on your front line page or something. And since I see we have awards achievements, we can implement something to go along with duelist of the week.

We could do the same for staff letting them know we thank them for their hard work.

descriptionDuelist/Staff of the Week!  EmptyRe: Duelist/Staff of the Week!

more_horiz
lol u sure have a lot of suggestions

I say ok to this but let other ppl talk b4 anything

more_horiz
Of course book this is why this thread is opened so we can all talk about it and give feedback or opinions?

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
lol u sure have a lot of suggestions

I say ok to this but let other ppl talk b4 anything

It's because staffers are pretty much unoriginal.

-How about we get userbars first? Sad

more_horiz
Yeah makes sense galaskii. I like the idea as a prize, but since that would require a GFX artist hard work it can be a monthly thing instead of weekly, since I'm sure not everyone has time weekly to update that.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Yeah makes sense galaskii. I like the idea as a prize, but since that would require a GFX artist hard work it can be a monthly thing instead of weekly, since I'm sure not everyone has time weekly to update that.

It's up to Anzo and it doesn't really take that long to make them. The Hero one I have in my sig was meant to be for awards but they didn't like them though.

more_horiz
I had this idea too, but all fall short because of one thing

No one is dueling lmao

more_horiz
Crimson, I've dueled your cubics plenty. Just that I know I would go up against them that I'm not everyday. If you want to face my charmers though, tell me and we'll BA more often.

more_horiz
That's a nice idea, but let's be honest, we ain't got the motivation to duel.

more_horiz
Hey pep,

I discussed my ideas on that whole loss motivation for dueling in suggestions section. I would appreciate your feedback!

more_horiz
Hello! 

Thank you for your suggestion @kyosuke kiryu. Thinking realistically, I don't think that Duelist of the week would be the best idea since we don't see much dueling around here but Duelist of the month might be cool! I'll think about it and of course see what other members think about it since the best thing to do would be to find something what community loves!

more_horiz
No problem lux. I do agree we need more activity, but heck, starting duelist of the month and selecting those few who still duel in the arenas for a start wouldn't be a bad idea, who knows? It could motivate others to duel more.

Duelist of the month should include 

-custom made userbar
-certain amount of points
-being posted in the academy for bragging rights
-make awards accomplishment for it

more_horiz
Dueling doesn't happen because it isn't truly being promoted. The things that typically entice members to duel aren't updated or happening, like regular scheduled tournaments, circuit, dueling events. I think the last thing that got members into was DK.

If we start to actually emphasize on the dueling aspect more, these could easily become the norm as they were once before.

more_horiz
Yes, agreed with Nova. I mean, yes the old ways were much more work on staff, but I mean, it worked before with not just DK it also worked for DA. We should have a section for those who win every month sorta like the Hall of Fame, but just dedicated to DOTM (Duelist of the Month).

more_horiz
oh we doing this again?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply