Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRandom topic EmptyRandom topic

more_horiz
So I'm sitting bored to hell and back at work thinking about many things. One topic i kept rehearsing in my mind is why everybody around me keeps telling me to quit smoking for one.

I've been a smoker for like two years now, It doesn't seem to affect my health: taking into account i jog everyday and always eat healthy food. I drink Hookah and occasionally would go for a drink with low alcohol percentage just for fun.

I'm a Muslim, and my religion forbids all which hurts the body. Though, in my mind - that is, in my OWN belief, it's only hurting your body if you're doing it without doing your body any good deeds in return. It's like balancing a stick where on one side you got 'bad' things and on the other side you got 'good' things. As long as it's balanced it shouldn't be considered any harm.

But yet again many would disagree. Not that I care much about what others tell me to do, but it's somehow annoying when they keep interfering in my business.

This is not a 'general discussion' threat, though feel free to comment your thoughts.

descriptionRandom topic EmptyRe: Random topic

more_horiz
because smoking has only harms to a body lol
Spoiler :

Buuuut....there r some ppl that smoke for 80 years n dont have lung cancer or anything, so if u want to test ur luck, ofc u can

more_horiz
To be honest, I tried everything Anzo stated and I'm a muslim as well. In fact, normal beer tastes way better than non-alcoholic ones lmao. I tried cigaretes but I dislike them. Mostly because of the smell and I find them expensive. I haven't had shisha in a long time but I used to blow it with my friends after school. I rarely go out for a one nowdays... 
About alcohol, I tried some stuff from curiosity when I was a younger lol but I never got that habbit later because I was an athlethe, same goes with cigs. It's not really because of the religion, I mean I tried and didn't like it.
A lot of my friends drink and smoke, both muslims and christians and they respect that I don't. I don't really judge people. Imo you can do whatever you want as long as you can control it and don't bring your health and life in danger.
Unless you want to drive after drinking, then you are a careless fucking idiot.
That's all

more_horiz
Some people don't like the smell of cigs (I don't) but I already got used to it since many of my friends smoke. 

Cut the religion, if you want to smoke, then smoke. Not a big deal tbh, it's less wrongful than alcohol or drugs for not only yourself but others too.

more_horiz
Because smoking has 0 benefits and it causes cancer. Even in moderation smoking is bad. Not to mention it makes you smell like shit, age you faster, hair thins out faster etc. You can jog after smoking or whatever, it doesnt matter, the damage is there. 
Its also expensive as hell, so you basically are paying to get cancer.

I've tried smoking ofc and while you feel better from that first cig, it just becomes a habit and you need a smoke whenever under stress etc. It does calm you down, no doubt, but you feel crap after it anyway.

You can quit at anytime, so do it now

more_horiz
Well I ain't quitting anything. Random topic 4204681869

more_horiz
Cigs are like 2$ here where I live and I still find them expensive

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:

kod nas 27kn (5$)

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

kod nas 27kn (5$)

5KM - Marlboro (19kn or 2.7$) 

And those are the most expensive ones here if I'm not mistaking

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

If you dont care about aging quicker, or hair thinning out, or lungs getting worse, then keep at it. But if cancer hits you some day, will you regret it?

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Anzo wrote:

If you dont care about aging quicker, or hair thinning out, or lungs getting worse, then keep at it. But if cancer hits you some day, will you regret it?

Cancer is the last thing you should worry about which doesn't mean you should take it for granted. It's not that common to be honest. Strokes, circulation, heart and lungs problems are at every corner. My physics teacher had multiple weaker strokes and I knew people who had nerve failures. All bcuz of cigarettes...

more_horiz
Smoking kills you, but it kills you slowly over time.
There are worse things out there I guess.
I would recommend switching to weed though tbh

more_horiz
AbyssalYGO wrote:

Duuuuuude holy shit! Are you back? Been watching your youtube vids and the last red dragon archfiend vid made me so proud. Bruuuuh join our discord so we can meme duel again!

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
AbyssalYGO wrote:

Duuuuuude holy shit! Are you back? Been watching your youtube vids and the last red dragon archfiend vid made me so proud. Bruuuuh join our discord so we can meme duel again!

Well, I have no time for forums much, felt like dropping by though.
I do have time for Discord though, so if you could hit me up with a link I would join for sure.

more_horiz
Now, seems like this is popular place to chill and talk about Anzo's addictions. I've experienced with my own eyes some of the things that cigarettes can do to people. Both my parents are former smokers and both had different experiences stopping cigarettes. My dad did it relatively smoothly, but my mom was on a bed for a year and she just couldn't really recover mentally. Really the real problem about smoking is not all the diseases that it may cause or all the bad side effects, like aging you quicker and the other nasty stuff that Crimsy pointed out. It's how it affects you mental health. 

If we look at smoking realisticly, it has zero benefits. It's bad for us, the people around us and overall the surroundings that we inhabit. But so are many other things in life. A lot of things can get us ill, or are slowly killing us. But we don't stop them just because they're bad. But with cigarettes it's different. The important thing is why you started smoking and how. Was it because you felt weak or depressed or stressed or you were just trying to keep up with your friends and there new trends. If it's the latter then really it would be much easier for you to stop smoking sooner or later. If not, then you may find yourself in the situation of my mom one day. Give yourself a check on why you have picked up a ciggare for the past 2 years. And this is maybe the best thing you can do for yourself.

more_horiz
My Marlboro disagrees with you.

more_horiz
Yeah well, Marlboro ain't even the best cigarettes! 

Mostly what I wanted to say is this. Don't let smoking enslave your mind. Make sure you control yourself and don't let cigarettes have any influence on your mind, your habits, your thinking or your soul. If you can manage to do that you can both stop smoking whenever you please and also prevent a lot of the bad things that being a smoker can lead to.

more_horiz
Just smoke weed. Lol

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
My Marlboro disagrees with you.

Gotta agree that marlboro tastes pretty damn good

more_horiz
Well hear this. One of my friends from the class smokes since she was 13 (she's 16 now) and starts shaking when she doesn't smoke for half a day. When she doesn't have cigs she pretends she's smoking. 

Now, my other friend from the class was smoking 1 year. He was saying he could stop whenever he wants. And he did more than a month ago. And he didn't even smoke little, 2-3 boxes every week.

more_horiz
clearly Newports are the smoothest best cigs out there. 

I would suggest smoke weed homo, or start vaping.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply