Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDice Jar Legacies: Rules and Signups EmptyDice Jar Legacies: Rules and Signups

more_horiz
Dice Jar Legacies: Legacy of the Dice Jar: A Dice Jar RPG
Or, for short, DJLLotDJADJRPG

There was a time when Dice Jar had more power than just Exodia Summon spam. In those days, Dice Jar's ability to create shitposts was unrivaled, and many different spammable games existed. Now, they are all but gone, their sections removed, their posts buried. But I, jjh927, Acolyte of Dice Jar, have found some of those past relics. They are still there. Dice Jar still possesses these powers. (Which leads me to explain the joke in the title, because "legacies" refers to outdated computer tech that is still not redundant because it's used for things. Good one, right?) You, if you are brave enough, shall venture into the void that Dice Jar's withdrawal has left and bring back the dice games. With a difference. It is time for senseless violence.

Combat, Death and Glory

In order to battle, you must first start a thread, copying in your current character details, and declare a number of enemies to fight. You then roll that many Dice Encounters dice, and fight them, one at a time, in order from left to right. It may be wise to begin with lower numbers, as your life points do not reset between battles in the same thread. The advantage of fighting multiple monsters at once is that the total experience received is multiplied by the number of monsters you fought and then divided by the number of players in the team fighting them (usually 1), though experience is only awarded at the end of a battle- so if you die halfway through, no experience for you. Each monster's attack stat is their damage, while their defense stat corresponds to their life points.

Players start at level 1 with 16000 life points and 150 damage. When targeting player characters, whether that is in PVP or due to other reasons, multiply your own damage stat by 10.

You battle using your chosen class's fighting style, detailed in the classes section, and each turn consists of you making the appropriate roll. Total both your own life points and the enemy life points as you go along. If your life points are reduced to 0 at any point, you die. If an enemy monster's life points are reduced to 0, they die and you gain experience equal to their level times 100.
Note: If in doubt, resolve cards from left to right. If you die before the monster dies or you heal yourself, you are dead. If your enemy dies before you die, your enemy is dead. Discount any cards after one of these conditions is met.

In PVE, just keep making the rolls and recording life points until you win or lose. In PVP, both players alternate taking turns until just one hero stands. You should start a PVP thread with a challenge, detailing exactly what is at stake. Friendly duels (less glorious, not to-the-death battles) are possible, and as such you may wager something other than your life, like DP or items. If nothing is stated, the assumption should be that the fight is to-the-death, meaning the loser will die, and the reward for victory is all the experience the loser loses.

Two or more players may group up in order to tackle a greater challenge. In this case, in the post making the thread, all players should be detailed before making the Dice Encounter roll. All players should alternate their attacks as with PVP, but both target the same monster as if they were fighting alone. At the end of the combat, total the experience up and split it equally between all surviving players, remembering to multiply by the number of enemies faced in the thread. Dead players do not get their share of the loot.

When you die, all is not lost. However, what is lost is all experience progress to the next level. You may either wait 6 hours after the dice jar post that killed you to respawn and recommence adventuring, or SURPRISE PAYWALL! Instant respawns cost 1000 DP. Ask for one at the start of a new battle thread when you are otherwise dead and summon a staff member. When you've paid up you can start the battle.

Levelling up

For every 1000 experience, you gain a level. When you level up, you gain 20 base damage and 2000 life points. Level 5 also holds some fancy class-unique benefits and choices to make, but those shall not be revealed until the game's meta takes shape. This also means that, for now, the level cap is 5. Note: these are totally not balance changes. Please await future patches.

Alternatively, instead of levelling up normally, you can choose to multiclass. This allows you to raise the level of a class that is not your main class. The first level of multiclass brings that chosen class up to level 1, allowing you to use its attacks and skills and raise it further. Multiclasses have a separate damage stat to your main class, which you use whenever you choose to use multiclass skills and increase with the level of your multiclass. However, you always use the life points linked to your main class, and multiclass levels do not increase your life points or your main class damage. As an example, a level 3 Sorcerer with a level 2 multiclass of Paladin has 20,000 (16,000 + 4,000) life points and 190 (150+40) damage, but when using paladin abilities instead has 170 (150+20) damage. This Sorcerdin must also have at least 4000 experience, as they have levelled their main class and multiclass twice each. You may not multiclass more than once, and your multiclass level must always be lower than your main class level.

Classes:

Sorcerer: Sorcerers predict the future of dice luck, and use it to their advantage.
Attack: Guess 5 card types (monster, spell, trap) in order. Roll 5 Visionary Dice. Each correct guess deals damage, while each incorrect guess causes you to take half your enemy's damage. Correctly guessing all cards deals triple the damage.

Wizard: Wizards are masters of spellslinging and elaborate traps.
Attack: Roll 5 Visionary Dice. Each trap deals your damage. Each spell heals a friendly target for your damage. (Remember! When targeting players, times your damage by 10.) Each monster causes you to take double your enemy's damage. If all cards are traps, deal double damage. If all cards are spells, heal target to full health. If all cards are monsters, take double damage.

Acolyte: Acolytes are erratic and unpredictable followers of Dice Jar.
Attack: Roll 2 Six-Sided Dice. If the first die is higher, deal your damage times the number on that die, further doubled if the first die is a 6 and the second die is a 1. If the second die is higher, take your enemy's damage times the number on that die, further doubled if the first die is a 1 and the second die a a 6.

Paladin: Paladins are sturdy and consistent followers of Dice Jar.
Attack: Roll 2 Six-Sided Dice and add them together. If the roll is above 7, deal your damage times the difference between the roll and 7. On a natural roll of 12, deal double that. If the roll is below 7, take your enemy's damage times the difference between the roll and 7. On a natural roll of 2, take double that.

Beastmaster: Beastmasters unleash powerful beasts to fight their battles for them.
Attack: Roll 9 Monster Evolution cards. Deal your damage for each evolutionary trio rolled. Take your enemy's damage if you failed. Each trio rolled contributes to a running streak, which is broken on a failed roll. The second trio does double damage, the third trio does triple damage, and so on. (This does not apply to enemy damage when you eventually fail, but does apply to rolling multiple trios in a single roll.)

Bard: Bards sling together music from different chords/cards, with different effects being represented by those cards. Warning: Bards are the most complicated class!
Attack: Roll 5 Poker Dice. Read from left to right, and carry over any outstanding effects to the next action taken by any player.

-7 Completed multiplies the next numerical effect by 2.
-Card Shuffler corrupts the next effect, though only one corruptable part of that effect, and it is as written; deal your damage to an enemy becomes take your enemy's damage, heal a friendly target for your damage becomes deal a friendly target your damage, flat multipliers become divisors, take double your enemy's damage becomes deal double your damage to an enemy, and corrupt an effect becomes normal.
-Dice Re-Roll deals your damage to your enemy.
-Dice Try heals a friendly target for your damage. (Remember! When targeting players, times your damage by 10.)
-Dice Jar causes you to take double your enemy's damage.

Quests

Quests are a bunch of semi-random goals and achievements, and the first to succeed in each quest gets something. This thing will typically be some kind of rare or magical item that will give you some kind of buff. Note: you can only equip as many items as is feasibly possible. Don't attempt to hold a 2-handed weapon and a 1-handed weapon, or 2 helmets. On the other hand, if you want to use 2 1-handed weapons and rock up to a fight in full armour, be my guest.

If challenging a quest as a group, make sure each player's rewards are clearly defined. It is highly likely only one item will be rewarded, so if one player would prefer an item to experience and the other the opposite, then make sure to confirm an agreement in which that player gets the loot and the other player gets all of the experience. Failure to adhere to this principle could get messy.

Available quests:
-Fight 3 monsters at once.
-Slay a hero of each class besides your own.
-Challenge and defeat the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. (When you make a thread, instead of rolling, declare your challenge and use the stats from Blue-Eyes White Dragon).
-Reach level 5 in your main class.
-Defeat jjh927 in glorious battle.
-Win a fight against a monster with over 2000 health and over 0 attack without taking damage.

There are also secret quests which I am not making up as I go along.

Signups

In order to sign up, all you have to do is post a character sheet in this thread. Character sheets are extremely simple in this system, because your character is you. The reason I'm even getting you to do this in the first place is so you can copypaste it to the start of every thread you are involved in.

Code:

Name:
Class:
Level:
Experience:
Life Points:
Damage:
Equipped items:
Additional Items:

Just so the information is in another place, you start at level 1 with no experience, 16,000 life points, 150 damage and no items. Everything else on the sheet is there so you can change what you copy to threads when you level up or get a new item. If you choose to multiclass, add that in as another field underneath "class", and add another 2 fields for multiclass damage and multiclass level. Level-ups take place between threads, and there's no need to consult me provided you make sure your maths is correct. Remember, on each main class level up, you gain 2000 LP and 20 damage.

To make it super easy, here's an example signup/character sheet which will also serve as my own signup.

Name: jjh927
Class: Acolyte
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Life Points: 16,000
Damage: 150
Equipped items: None
Additional Items: None

May Dice Jar smile upon your RNG.

Last edited by jjh927 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 6 times in total

descriptionDice Jar Legacies: Rules and Signups EmptyRe: Dice Jar Legacies: Rules and Signups

more_horiz
This is actually quite fancy, I like the choices, I'll be the 1st 2nd.

Name: Anzo
Class:

I'll update this post later with my class since I have a couple of questions: (1st) does each number of dice represents a 100 damage? i.e, if i got 2 of first die and 1 of second, i get 300 damage? Also (2nd), i don't quite get the Wizard class, it says "each spell heals a friendly target", which target might that be? I thought this is simply me vs. a monster, no?

descriptionDice Jar Legacies: Rules and Signups EmptyRe: Dice Jar Legacies: Rules and Signups

more_horiz
Each point of damage deals whatever your damage stat happens to be, which at level 1 is 150. So, with wizard, each trap does 150 damage. With acolyte, you do 150 damage times whatever the number on the first die is, provided that die is higher than the second. (I'm guessing acolyte is the class your example referred to.) With Sorcerer, each correctly called card does 150 damage. And so on.

When you hit level 2, that damage goes up to 170.

Now, a friendly target can include yourself, but it can also include allies if you're fighting as a group. There are rules for fighting as a group in Combat, Death and Glory, but I seem to have missed out what constitutes a friendly target. Apologies. As an extra note, remember that when targeting a player, which can include healing yourself, you treat your attack as 10 times what it is. So, healing heals 1500.

more_horiz
Name: DanelerH
Class: Bard

more_horiz
Name: LightYagami5
Class: Paladin

more_horiz
Name: username290
Class: wizard 
Life points: 16000
Equipped items: none 
Additional items: None

more_horiz
Name: Bladecharge
Class:Paladin
Level:1
Experience:0
Life Points:1600
Damage:150
Equipped items:N/A
Additional Items:N/A

more_horiz
Name: MetaphysHunter
Class: Beastmaster
Equipped items: none
Additional Items: none

more_horiz
Name:"faer" (Let's break that "same name as here" chain!)
Class:Sorcerer
Level:1
Experience:0
Life Points:16,000
Damage:150
Equipped items:N/A
Additional Items:N/A
I really like the idea of this!

more_horiz
dang it now I want to change my name

more_horiz

Code:

Name: Ruka no Rua
Experience: 0(1000 to next level)
Life Points: 16,000
Equipped items: N/A
Additional Items:N/a

Should be fun.

more_horiz
Name: Helminus
Class: Sorcerer
Equipped items: N/A
Additional Items: N/A

more_horiz
Might be late to actually join in, but might as well give it a shot.

Name: Scorpio

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply