Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DuelingBook is up btw!!!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+29
Kandy.JPEG
ALu
Nuran
kyosuke kiryu
Staxx
Anzo
PowerNova
faervel
The Brodie
Jue Viole Grace
Galaksii
CrimsonOverlord
Alisae
Centrik
DMK
psychoturtle
Pepchoninga
DDS
JC the shadow hunter
ScottyAdams
Trickster
Flash Dreyar
Lux
PaNiCMaKeRz
Bladecharge
BlackWarGreymon
Booked
DuskMage
Kangaroo-Jolty
33 posters

descriptionDuelingBook is up btw!!! - Page 2 EmptyDuelingBook is up btw!!!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Cos yer, kinda news.

descriptionDuelingBook is up btw!!! - Page 2 EmptyRe: DuelingBook is up btw!!!

more_horiz
The number of oldies coming back just because this happened. Makes you think people must love browser based games

more_horiz
Eh, for me: DN/DB simulates RL dueling better than Ygo/DevPro does tbh

more_horiz
I was just hoping DN would never come back haha. It's good for DA it's back tho

more_horiz
Lels

more_horiz
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
Cos yer, kinda news.

Finally, but it's still down for the time being.

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
Cos yer, kinda news.

Cant handle the server overload

and "upgrading for something bigger" on the note thingy on the site kind of gives the vibe that it will be a long time till its complete

more_horiz
JC the shadow hunter wrote:
psychoturtle wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
Cos yer, kinda news.

Cant handle the server overload

and "upgrading for something bigger" on the note thingy on the site kind of gives the vibe that it will be a long time till its complete

So those of us craving a Manual system shouldn't hold our breath, I gotcha.

Will be interested once they fix their shit.

more_horiz
Ok, now please. 

Bow to me. And just listen:

I told you Razz

more_horiz
I still am sceptical about it tbh, it was so sudden, so out of the blue and it ain't working at all. 
What will save this from c&d from konami if it's the same as dn? Unless konami just doesn't give a shit anymore i guess, which is kinda unlikely. I lowkey think this is some sort of joke and they are getting all the emails and pass lmao

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
I still am sceptical about it tbh, it was so sudden, so out of the blue and it ain't working at all. 
What will save this from c&d from konami if it's the same as dn? Unless konami just doesn't give a shit anymore i guess, which is kinda unlikely. I lowkey think this is some sort of joke and they are getting all the emails and pass lmao

My thoughts exactly. It's a scam. They just wanted to build up a bunch of hype around it and then say fuck you. When DN was at its peak it had no less than 6000 people on at any given time. How did they think it was going to go, when the spiritual successor was debuted? server issues my ass. I doubt this is even real. Just a fucking troll site. Don't believe its a troll go look at that "browse users" video they put out. Why the fuck is that even fucking necessary?

more_horiz
More evidence this is just trolling (not mine, found it on reddit)
DuelingBook is up btw!!! - Page 2 QJVZsNj

i suggest waiting for games to start so you can assure yourself this isn't a scam.It's just eerie as stx said that they didn't expect the server load and didn't do jackshit to avoid the lawsuit that can arise from this again. They just copied the Dn code and relaunched this. Not to mention why the heck is the google link DUELING BOOK IS OUT! . That's just not professional at all

more_horiz
On the off chance that this is even real, I'll still use YGOPro over it. Do you guys really wanna deal with this again?

more_horiz
STX wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

My thoughts exactly. It's a scam. They just wanted to build up a bunch of hype around it and then say fuck you. When DN was at its peak it had no less than 6000 people on at any given time. How did they think it was going to go, when the spiritual successor was debuted? server issues my ass. I doubt this is even real. Just a fucking troll site. Don't believe its a troll go look at that "browse users" video they put out. Why the fuck is that even fucking necessary?

This project had been initiated back in the summer, and I know one of the guys that was working on coding the new DB. For those who think it's just a copy paste of DN and a scam, I will refer @KawaiiMiku to this post who actually played on DB before the server overload happened. It will take some time to fix the issue, but DB will be running again soon.

Also there won't be any lawsuit this time, the issue is dealt with by not having their own image base but using the import deck system from .ydk file formats, like Dueling Nexus. Stop hating guys, we all know automatic duel systems are trash and for mediocre players.

more_horiz
Ik db was a thing, however idk if THIS db is a thing. Only time will tell

more_horiz
How do I report posts? Misleading title. DB can't be up when the servers are always down.  DuelingBook is up btw!!! - Page 2 4204681869

Anyways, the discord for DB said about a week or two for the server issues to go away. Don't know how credible that is. Also don't go on the DB discord it's disorganized and messy AF

more_horiz
Just use YGOPro guys, it's the best. Now I feel pity for Chaos Era Academy. That academy died because people chose DN instead of YGOPro. They wouldn't have died like that.....

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
Just use YGOPro guys, it's the best. Now I feel pity for Chaos Era Academy. That academy died because people chose DN instead of YGOPro. They wouldn't have died like that.....

Look at DA currently. Most people will always choose manual over automatic as manual is more social oriented. DA would rise at least 40% more if DB is in fact true.

more_horiz
DNx better hurry up and get their system perfected. If they don't add the manual mode soon, they'll completely die.

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:

they died cause they were promoting a duel system that has hidden trojans in it

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:

Oh I loved it there why u do dis to me? T.T(Even though I was there just for a month or 2)

And anyway...is it just me that thinks the problem these days is with the game itself instead of the platforms? I mean back when I still used to play I couldn't care less if it was on devpro or DN as long as I wasn't vs DN trolls...
(Though I admit DN was a lot more misclick friendly, devpro just gave me hell when trying to play cards like "Blessings for Gusto")

more_horiz
I'll probs still be using both tbh

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Centrik wrote:

Oh I loved it there why u do dis to me? T.T(Even though I was there just for a month or 2)

And anyway...is it just me that thinks the problem these days is with the game itself instead of the platforms? I mean back when I still used to play I couldn't care less if it was on devpro or DN as long as I wasn't vs DN trolls...
(Though I admit DN was a lot more misclick friendly, devpro just gave me hell when trying to play cards like "Blessings for Gusto")

What did I do to you my child?

more_horiz
"Servers will take approx another 2 weeks or so to fix. it sucks, but we just need to be patient "

more_horiz
Plz understand

more_horiz
Hey! At least it's happening!

more_horiz
Ayy fuck Pros tho

more_horiz
Muh manual control and realism. Muh wanna choose which space to place my cards, cant let the system choose for me thats heresy. I wanna type my lp loss man, feel the game, talk shit with no timer, not shuffle my deck. M A N U A L   F E E L

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Muh manual control and realism. Muh wanna choose which space to place my cards, cant let the system choose for me thats heresy. I wanna type my lp loss man, feel the game, talk shit with no timer, not shuffle my deck. M A N U A L   F E E L

That's the real reason people want manual. Also, people like to dump cards on the field and play really fast, to confuse or not give them a chance to respond. I can't tell you how many times on DN I've played people that try to purposely play combos that missed timing. Then get really pissy when you tell them how they're wrong or tell them "Wait, slow down... I had a response to that summon." The way people play on DN is not how people play IRL. If you did that IRL you wouldn't have any friends and no one would want to play against you. If DB ever starts working... (i still doubt if it's even real)... I'll only play against people I know.

more_horiz
Manual also simulates the RL dueling experience better than automatic does (as there's no system to 'baby' you). Also, the lack of a timer means you have more time to actually play through your combos and actually give thought to the playstrings (I couldn't tell you how many times I've pushed the timer to its limit whilst performing Zoodiac combos, and that's even with advancing the gamestate). Dev/YGOPro may not have the 'trolls' DN/DB does, but good luck actually getting through a duel on there (had several people quit as soon as they saw Molmorat/Ratpier).

more_horiz
It's not happening.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply