Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSWTOR EmptySWTOR

more_horiz
Any of you play Star Wars: The Old Republic? It's the MMO.

descriptionSWTOR EmptyRe: SWTOR

more_horiz
The old one? The one with lightsaber duels? No, but a friend keeps bugging me to

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
The old one? The one with lightsaber duels? No, but a friend keeps bugging me to

Uhh, it's from 2011. Still feels fresh with all the content they continue to dish out

more_horiz
I've played it. Payed good cash to be a good member, tho I only really cared about the story. 

Sith Worrior and maybe Inquisitor were the best imo. Quite bummed out that I got it off my computer some time ago and can't play the new expansion. I have watched full walkthroughs tho and the story is pretty meh. 

Also Crimsy I think you talk about Knoght of the Old Republic. Those games are lit, tho I still haven't gotten to playing them for some reason.

more_horiz
Yeah, played it a good while back, was there for like, the firs 12 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire too. I like it well enough, but I really wish it had been a singleplayer game instead of an MMO. KotFE especially felt like it had the ingredients to be a spiritual successor to Knights of the Old Republic but the standard MMO gameplay kinda drags it down imo

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
Yeah, played it a good while back, was there for like, the firs 12 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire too. I like it well enough, but I really wish it had been a singleplayer game instead of an MMO. KotFE especially felt like it had the ingredients to be a spiritual successor to Knights of the Old Republic but the standard MMO gameplay kinda drags it down imo

Well, it was a move made for monie. Also at that time MMO was pretty famous and BioWare decided to make it multiplayer. Tho there was talk of a posible KotOR, so there is still hope.

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
I've played it. Payed good cash to be a good member, tho I only really cared about the story. 

Sith Worrior and maybe Inquisitor were the best imo. Quite bummed out that I got it off my computer some time ago and can't play the new expansion. I have watched full walkthroughs tho and the story is pretty meh. 

Also Crimsy I think you talk about Knoght of the Old Republic. Those games are lit, tho I still haven't gotten to playing them for some reason.

The Inquisitor storyline starts out strong but goes downhill and doesn't stop IMO

more_horiz
Atticus wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

The Inquisitor storyline starts out strong but goes downhill and doesn't stop IMO

I found it pretty enjoyable and also I like the ending. Getting on the dark council just seems pretty cool and menacing, especially when you get the refrences in the expansions.

more_horiz
I'm probably a bit of an oddball in that my favourite storyline was the trooper's story. Don't really recall what it was about it besides the, in my opinion, totally fascinating side story you could build with Jaxo, but I really enjoyed it, particularly Act 1. 

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
I'm probably a bit of an oddball in that my favourite storyline was the trooper's story. Don't really recall what it was about it besides the, in my opinion, totally fascinating side story you could build with Jaxo, but I really enjoyed it, particularly Act 1. 

I must be an oddball too, because the Trooper story is probably my favourite. Vanguard for life.

more_horiz
Atticus wrote:
SilentKatana wrote:

I must be an oddball too, because the Trooper story is probably my favourite. Vanguard for life.

Hmmm, I actually never played the Trooper Story. I have heards lots of great stiff, but the only non force-sensitive character I've played is the Imperial Agent wich was pretty darn good imo too.

more_horiz
Agent was pretty fun. If I were to rank individual storylines, besides Hunter/Smuggler as those are the only ones I didn't finish, it'd probably be something along these lines.

6) Consular - Not a bad story persay... but I really didn't feel all that invested in it, and I feel it has one of the weakest act 1s out of the entire game. I did enjoy myself a bit more in later acts, especially when you start gaining allies like crazy, but still somewhat weak in m eyes.

5) Knight - Really nothing too much to say here, I do enjoy the knight story, and it has what is probably my favourite sidequest in the Rishi expansion. I also think it is what should have been the sole character for KotFE, as the Knight has the most personal stakes when it comes to the Emperor. All that said, it is somewhat of a predictable ride at points, and the final boss fight of act 3 really didn't feel like anything to write home about.

4) Warrior - I do rather enjoy this for much of the same reason I enjoy the inquisitor storyline, this really nails the feeling of being a domineering sith out on the warpath, and you have a ton of fun moments within the storyline depending on how you build the character. Pretty engaging all the way through, though I prefer the inquisitor overall due to it feeling like you had much more independence thee.

3) Agent - Pretty fun when alls said and done, I really love the sheer intrigue you get here, and has some pretty great moments all the way through, especially when i t ramps up to 11 in the final act...

2) Inquisitor - Really enjoyed this one for the personal intrigue of the Thanaton rivalry. Really gae a great sense of what it was like to be a sith struggling for power, and the final duel scene is still one of my favourites in the game.

1) Trooper - As aforementioned, this is just my fave. I really do like the non-force sensitive Heroes in this game, and the story just had a lot of good weight to it, with act 1 keeping me seriously invested in the story. Also, easily has the best droid in the entire game >.>

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Atticus wrote:
SilentKatana wrote:

Hmmm, I actually never played the Trooper Story. I have heards lots of great stiff, but the only non force-sensitive character I've played is the Imperial Agent wich was pretty darn good imo too.

You should give it a try one of these days. Mercenary too. Personally, I find it refreshing to get away from the Force every once in a while.

more_horiz
i play form time to time

more_horiz
Atticus wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Atticus wrote:
SilentKatana wrote:

You should give it a try one of these days. Mercenary too. Personally, I find it refreshing to get away from the Force every once in a while.

Well I really enjoyed the Imperial Agent, so I'm sure the Trooper will be a good ride too. I'm usually a sucker for lightsabers and lightsaber fright, so everytime I'm immediately dragged towards the force sensitive classes SWTOR 3974120512

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply