Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Empty[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!!

more_horiz
Let's Build A Deck! - Cloud XYZ!!!!!

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Latest?cb=20120502232221

Welcome to the first episode of Let's Build A Deck! This is a new series created by me Cool The goal is simple: Each episode, we'll build a deck decided by me and it should be creative! Of course, I'm not going to do it all alone. I'm going to need YOU GUYS to help me! I'm looking forward to build hundred of creative decks with you guys! Cool Also, please note this: The decks we're going to build don't need to be competitive. I want us to aim for fun and creative decks to bring back the old YGO game.

In this very first episode, I'm going pick a really dead archetype - Cloudians and build it in order to bring out Level 4 XYZ monsters, hence Cloud XYZ. With this card, we can really bring this archetype back to the game! And this card is:

Toadally Awesome

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! HDR0TAZ

Code:

2 Level 2 Aqua-Type monsters
Once per turn, during the Standby Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Frog" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect: You can send 1 Aqua-Type monster from your hand or face-up from your field to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then you can Set it to your field. If thias card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

What's Cloudian?

Wikipedia: "Cloudian" (雲魔物 Kuraudian) is an archetype of cards introduced by Adrian Gecko in the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. All monsters of this archetype are WATER Fairy-Types, except "Cloudian - Eye of the Typhoon" which is a WIND Aqua-Type and "Cloudian - Ghost Fog" & "Cloudian - Poison Cloud" who are both Fiend-Types. They were introduced in Gladiator's Assault with further support in Light of Destruction. Most of these monsters can't be destroyed by battle while in Attack Position, but if they are in Defense Position they are destroyed by their own effect. Most "Cloudians" have their effects activated or become active while they have Fog Counters.

I have researched Cloudians a bit so here are what I suggest:

Good Cloudians:

Cloudian - Atlus

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! 480?cb=20120502232157

Code:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When you Normal Summon this card, place 1 Fog Counter on it for each "Cloudian" monster on the field. You can remove 3 Fog Counters from anywhere on the field to discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand.

Cloudian - Storm Dragon

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Cloudian-StormDragon

Code:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 "Cloudian" monster from your Graveyard. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. Once per turn, you can place 1 Fog Counter on 1 monster on the field.

Cloudian - Cirrostratus

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Latest?cb=20120812061832&path-prefix=es

Code:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When you Normal Summon this card, place 1 Fog Counter on it for each "Cloudian" monster on the field. You can remove 2 Fog Counters from this card to destroy 1 monster on the field.

Cloudian - Acid Cloud

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! 175?cb=20120502232145

Code:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When you Normal Summon this card, place 1 Fog Counter on it for each "Cloudian" monster on the field. You can remove 2 Fog Counters from this card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card.

Cloudian Squall

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Latest?cb=20120702200859&path-prefix=es

Code:

During each of your Standby Phases, place 1 Fog Counter on every face-up monster.

Honorable Mention: Cloudian - Poison Cloud

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! GLAS-EN009-Cloudian-PoisonCloud

Code:

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, if it was face-up at the start of the Damage Step: Destroy the monster that destroyed it, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

Good Supports:

Masked Chameleon

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! 270?cb=20130831021810&path-prefix=es

Code:

Cannot be Normal Summoned if you control a Level 5 or higher monster. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 monster with 0 DEF in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You cannot Special Summon any other monsters, except from the Extra Deck, during the turn you activate this effect.

Why is this card good? Because almost all of Cloudians have the DEF of 0, except Poison Cloud. This will give you an instant XYZ monster.

Silent Angler

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Latest?cb=20131202163700&path-prefix=es

Code:

If you control a WATER monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but you cannot Special Summon monsters from your hand for the rest of this turn.

I don't need to say much about this card. Almost all of Cloudians are WATER monsters.

The Sanctuary in the Sky

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! 048

Code:

Battle Damage to the controller of a Fairy-Type monster from a battle involving that Fairy-Type monster becomes 0.

Spirit Barrier

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! 2938

Code:

While you control a monster, you take no battle damage.

I now will put 1 copy of each in the Deck. I'll consider to run more copies later.

Now, I'll put these staples in the Deck: Maxx "C", Instant Fusion, Raigeki, Double Summon (Because this deck is slow), Soul Charge, Upstart Goblin, Pot of Duality (Again, this deck is slow), Twin Twister, Bottomless Trap Hole, Quaking Mirror Force, Floodgate Trap Hole, Solemn Strike, Solemn Warning.

Extra: Elder Entity Norden, Utopia Engine (3 Utopias), Number 37, Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon, Number 101, Number 82, Castel, Traptrix Rafflesia and of course, Toadally.

These cards above are my suggestion. Please show me cards that can fit in this Deck! IT'S TIME TO B-B-B-B-BUILD! (that doesn't even sound good.....)

Current Deck:

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Curren10

Last edited by Centrik on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

description[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! EmptyRe: [LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!!

more_horiz
@Set 5 Pass

I wonder if new "Umi" cards can fit this deck? I haven't known those cards yet.

description[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! EmptyRe: [LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!!

more_horiz
That's some great stuff! 

You know I can't think anything of the top of my head, but maybe Jigabite? That card is awesome for level 4 Xyz decks. Also some "Summon back from the grave" cards could be useful. Maybe like CoTH and like Oasis of the Dragon Souls.

more_horiz
The new Umi cards can't fit in the deck because Cloudians are not normal monsters, sadly.
By the way, you can build a R4nk SPAM Water deck with ease and only with the good Cloudians: 3x Cirrostratus, 3x Alius, 3x Fog Dragon, 3x Turbolence, 3x Angler, 3x Tin Goldfish, 3x of the normal one, 3 Istant Fusions, 2 Cosmic Cyclone, 2x Ties of the Brethren, 2x Salvage, 2x Cloud Call (???) the continous one, 3x Cloudian Squall, 3x Strikes and so on.
For the Extra Deck go with the classic R4nk Water Engine with Norden and Rare Fish and Emeral.
Try it out ;D

more_horiz
No @Pepchoninga

I'm sorry but Jigabyte needs a Spellcaster-type monster to activate its awesome effect. Since the Cloudians used here are cute fairies, I'm afraid we'll need to have an another option.

@Set 5 Pass

I couldn't find Turbolence anywhere. Please check the name again!

Okay Tin Goldfish is absolutely a nice choice that I totally forgot about Sad Why did I forget about this card while I already ran it in Toad HEROs.

3x normal ones????? Do you mean Cloudian - Smoke Ball? Are you suggesting me to use some Rank 1 XYZ monsters also? We could go for Utopic Future! Also if we use 3x Smoke Ball, we should consider Rescue Rabbit for instant Rank 1 XYZ monsters!

I agree with Ties of Brethen. Totally forgot about this while I already ran it in Magnet Warriors!

Forgot about Salvage haha. You're a great help!

By Cloud Call, do you mean Summon Cloud? I feel like this card will slow the deck but okay! Let's try it!

For monsters, I'm using 3x Cirrostratus, 3x Acid Cloud, 3x Storm Dragon, 3x Altus, 3x Tin Goldfish, 3x Silent Angler and 2x Maxx "c". That will be 20 monsters. I'm considering Masked Chameleon and Kategokage but they're not WATER-Attribute. Should I use them? The monster line-up is already tight as hell!

In my opinion, I don't like using 3 Instant Fusion much. It's good because we have higher chance to draw it early game but if we draw it when we already used it, it's kinda dead. Oh well maybe I can just set it to scare them a bit you know?

Do you like Double Summon and Pot of Duality?

Why do you choose Cyclone over Twin Twister?

What do you mean by Classic Rank 4 Water Engine? Show me!!!!! I'm looking forward to know it.

Here's the updated deck:

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Cloudi10

more_horiz
Yeah sorry I mean Turbulence.
Summon Cloud enhances your chances to make R4nk plays so it's inheritly good in my opinion.
Rescue Rabbit works only with Lvl 4s, it's not worth it with other engines but you can try it out Wink. Turbulence summons the Fog Balls with his own effects and gives you access to Princessprite and Dullahan.
Don't waste space for Tuners, the Synchro lineup is not an auto win and Cloudians need a win condition. Also I personally don't like Kagetokage.
Toad recycles Norden and Rare Fish as well as Emeral, your instants are never going to be dead :D.
Double Summon is too much of a neg that Cloudians can't afford, same as Twin Twisters.
The classic R4nk Water Engine is: Norden, Rare Fish, Shark Spider, Bahamut and Dweller.
In my opinion:
- Soul Charge
- 3 Quakings
- Floodgate
- Twin Twisters
-2 Maxx "C" (You either go big or go home, Maxx "C" does not fit with the spirit of the deck)
+ 2 Instants
+ 2 Summon Cloud
+ 3 Fog Ball
+ 2 Cosmic Cyclone.
The other cards are only a matter of liking them or not.

more_horiz
Rescue Rabbit works with rank 1 also.

Code:

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. You can banish this face-up card you control; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name from your Deck. Destroy them during the End Phase. You can only use the effect of "Rescue Rabbit" once per turn.

I'm not sure if I should run rank 1 in this because I already had lots of monsters. Can you tell me the benefit if I run Rank 1 XYZ Monsters?

After some matches, I feel like 3 Storm Dragon's are cloggy so I removed one copy of it.

I removed Masked Chameleon and Kagetokage because they're not Water-Attribute.

What do you think of Pot of Duality? And Utopic Future?

Are you suggesting me to use Emeral?

I see, I didn't know that there was a Lvl 4 Fusion Monster that's Water. Now I can run 3 Instant Fusion without any hesitation!

Can you explain to me that why you said Maxx "C" does not fit the spirit of the Deck? Also why did you want to remove Soul Charge?

After editing it a bit, there are still some slots so I put in some Quaking Mirror Force and Floodgate.

Cards in the Side Deck are what I'm considering! Please look at them too!

Current Deck:

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Cloudi11

more_horiz
Take out Utopia Prime and fit in a Daigusto Emeral, it gives you infinite resources and you don't have to waste any Toadally re adds.
Maxx "C" makes your opening first turn hands shit, I'd side them.
Utopic Future is tons of fun even if you don't put in level 1s. 
I see you didn't want to play Turbulence so playing triple Normals makes no sense, it's just another version of the deck.
Soul Charge is kinda lame to draw in your first hand and you can't really make huge boards like Parallel Synchro o D/D/D so I wouldn't put it in since you are already taking much damage if you're put in a condition where Soul Charge is alive and useful.

I have 12 years of deck building experience and if there's one thing I know is that I don't want Ok or situational cards in a deck that's already prone to brick but it's only my suggestion.

Side deck is standard: 3 Gameciel, 2 Maxx "C", 3 System Down, 2 Twin Twister, 2 Gozen Match, 3 Winter Cherry, ABC Buster and Metalfoes Mithrilium.

more_horiz
I have no slot to put in Utopic Future. I'll see if I can replace something else for it.

How about Pot of Duality? I feel like the Deck is kind of fast now so maybe no?

Ok I'll side Maxx "C" and take out Soul Charge.

This deck is focused on summoning XYZ Monsters so I think Cloudian Squall isn't needed? Next LBAD episode will be Cloud Control, which will use Cloudian Squall.

Now the Main Deck has 3 slots. Should I put in Summon Cloud? How about Dimensional Barrier?

Side Deck:

I can see that you're interested in Gameciel haha Smile

What do you think of Macro Cosmos, Fissure, Imperial Iron Wall, Light & Dark Imprisoning, Soul Drain?

Also why ABC Buster????? Metalfoes Mithrilliums?????

Current Deck:

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Cloudi12

more_horiz
Winter Cherries takes out Metalfoes and ABC, read it!
Macro Cosmo is eh because it kills your recycle strategy same as Fissure, Soul Drain is off meta, the Imprisonings same.
Pot of Duality is too slow today, sadly. It was my fav card back in the day.
Take Out Heartland, not very useful.
Yes, put in 3 Dimensional Barriers!

more_horiz
Is that okay if we hurt ourselves a little bit to shut down decks that use graveyard (Lightsworm, another mill decks,...)?

Why are Soul Drain and Imprisoning's are off meta?

What will you replace with Heartlandraco?

more_horiz
If we're running xyz this card should be helpful.
[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Latest?cb=20160213123712
Maybe just 1 or 2?

more_horiz
Toad can add itself from Graveyard to Extra Deck by itself or by another Toad and it can be summoned again by Bahamut. I'll consider this. Thanks for contributing!

more_horiz
maybe aqua spirt can help make rank fours.

more_horiz
Nice! But we already had Storm Dragon to do that! In my opinion, 2 Storm Dragon is perfect and 3 is too cloggy I don't see where I can put in Aqua Spirit.

Thanks for contributing! Keep up the good work!

more_horiz
Aqua stage can help keep your monster alive. true none of the cloudians are aqua type but still. Valhalla, hall of the fallen  help you our earlier game to make a exceed or set up counters because of it effect. if you do only run at max 2. i would only use one though. Celestial  transformation may help as well for a quick exceed.

Last edited by Bladecharge on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to mention a card.)

more_horiz
Do you mean Aquarium Stage? Haha I don't need that! If you read Cloudian's first effect closely, you'll know that they can't be destroyed by battle so Aquarium Stage will just contribute itself in this deck as a dead card.

Bladecharge wrote:
Celestial transformation may help as well for a quick exceed.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....!!!!! This is what I'm looking! How many copies of Celestial Transformation do you want to put in? In my opinion, I'll only use 1 copy.

Please suggest me more cards!

more_horiz
only use one since they get pop by the end phase. wait have you used Archlord Kristya just use one.

more_horiz
You need to have exactly 4 Fairy-Type monsters in the Graveyard. This card is too situational, in my opinion. This deck is focus on Rank 4. However, this is a nice card.

more_horiz
Moulinglacia the elemental lord can be uses in mid game. mother griizle is decent. barrier statue of torrent may help. moray of greed to help with recycle and draw.

more_horiz
Just found this while prepping for Duelist Kingdom. Rainstorming?

[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Cloudi10[LBAD] Episode 1 - Cloud XYZ!!!!! Rainst10

more_horiz
Moulinglacia is situational, again just like Krystia. Mother Grizzle is pretty slow. You need it to be destroyed in order to get out a Water-Type monster. Currently, the deck is kind of fast. JUST KIND OF.

Barrier Statue of the Torrent is PRETTY GOOD. I'll remember this for "Cloud Control". Again, it's against the idea of the deck. However, it's very suitable to be in Cloud Control. Very locky!

How can Moray of Greed help recycling?

Nimbusman is slow for a fast XYZ-based deck. It's also too slow in Cloud Control.

Ok I'm interested in Rain Storm, but there's something I'm not quite sure. If a Cloudian's ATK is 800, can I activate Rain Storm? Sorry for the dump question LOL! But yeah as you see, the deck doesn't run many Cloudian. The chance to use this card is pretty low. However, again, it's suitable for Cloud Control which will be LBAD Episode 2!

more_horiz
I suggest you do some other archetype for the 2nd episode of LBAD @centrik. Repeating the same archetype but with another twist is kinda the same thing, since it's literally the same archetype you brought back into the game on episode 1. Let people give suggestions for what decks they would like revived, after all this is a interactory kind of thing.

more_horiz
Ok thank you for your suggestion, Crimson.

more_horiz
o i read moray of greed wrong opps

more_horiz
So do you guys have anymore ideas? I'll update the deck soon.

more_horiz
Na i am out

more_horiz
If nobody suggests cards in 2 days, I'll close this and start using this deck and pull out some good replays!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply