Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Tried Doing Dex's style...

+4
Anzo
Pepchoninga
CrimsonOverlord
Alisae
8 posters

descriptionTried Doing Dex's style... EmptyTried Doing Dex's style...

more_horiz
Tried doing a tag kinda like how Dex does his. C&C

Tried Doing Dex's style... Sy2ph1A

descriptionTried Doing Dex's style... EmptyRe: Tried Doing Dex's style...

more_horiz
Render looks oversharpened. That and/or too much Topaz

more_horiz
The background looks a bit low quality. Also i really like the right side aka the orange one so try to rework from that point, because tbh the left part just feels empty and dull. Interesting concept so don't get disheartened by this, just rework it again and don't sharpen render that much. Keep it up

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
The background looks a bit low quality. Also i really like the right side aka the orange one so try to rework from that point, because tbh the left part just feels empty and dull. Interesting concept so don't get disheartened by this, just rework it again and don't sharpen render that much. Keep it up

I think i might have blurred the bg a little too much

more_horiz
The background is not really bad. Tho it feels empty. The C4D or whatever you used is actually really nice, but try to make a way to connect it with the one on the right side of the tag. If you don't you just ruin the flow and it becomes (as Crimson said) kinda dull. 

The render is just a tiny bit too oversharpened. 

There is no defined light source and in the way you have putten your light on the render I think you need one or it just looks kinda strange. i know litht is comming from the top, but you need an object or to rework the light (maybe some soft brush on overlay).

Other then that I oike the concept, so keep it up ^^

more_horiz
It looks good, at least better than most of your works. Your flow is noticeable, and your light sources aren't bad at all. Though put some more effort onto your background, it looks empty in a sense, and doesn't go with the rest of your effects.

more_horiz
The Puppeteer wrote:
It looks good, at least better than most of your works. Your flow is noticeable, and your light sources aren't bad at all. Though put some more effort onto your background, it looks empty in a sense, and doesn't go with the rest of your effects.

I do put some effort into the bg. but i think i ruin it by blurring the stock and the BG C4Ds too much.

more_horiz
You topazed didn't you?

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
You topazed didn't you?

topaz is more than one thing so be more specific. No i didnt use clean 3 if that's what you're asking.

more_horiz
Looks insanely topazed.
And I mean as a whole. Any feature in that add-on

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
Looks insanely topazed.
And I mean as a whole. Any feature in that add-on

why are you so anti topaz.

more_horiz
Kills the depth of your tag immensely. Ruined the quality. 

For anzo I just want him to try different things

more_horiz
I don't even have Topaz extension, for me it looks like sharpen+blur+light gradient map in the same time lol

Plus everybody using it often make it almost invisible

more_horiz
You could improve the lighting on the left side of the render. When I work with a render that has white light shining off of it, I'll use a soft brush of any color and set the layer to darken, or multiply and play around with that whiteness. It looks like that's what you did on the right, but different colors often have different effects when you're trying to use it as a lightsource.

On the left side, I would add more straight blue lighting effects, maybe put them closer to the render. The main issue is that one c4d. It's tough to explain, and I haven't really woken up yet... It's not bright enough? or there's not enough color? I dunno. I would have used a more prominent effect c4d. 

Good job on it though. There's a lot that catches my eye in a good way.

more_horiz
Dex wrote:
You could improve the lighting on the left side of the render. When I work with a render that has white light shining off of it, I'll use a soft brush of any color and set the layer to darken, or multiply and play around with that whiteness. It looks like that's what you did on the right, but different colors often have different effects when you're trying to use it as a lightsource.

On the left side, I would add more straight blue lighting effects, maybe put them closer to the render. The main issue is that one c4d. It's tough to explain, and I haven't really woken up yet... It's not bright enough? or there's not enough color? I dunno. I would have used a more prominent effect c4d. 

Good job on it though. There's a lot that catches my eye in a good way.

this was the style of c4d i used, i can see what you mean when you say there isnt alot of color in it. its mostly black.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zd6oaf9014vygbu/AAC7Z9paNtK5zbKwPCGV2dJAa/Resources/C4D?dl=0&preview=3d_2_70.png

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum