Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGFX Duel Challenges  EmptyGFX Duel Challenges

more_horiz
Since I am taking over GFX Duel, I'm opening a thread where artists can arrange their duels, discuss about details and all other things that has something to do with the subject. 

P.S., entries need to be sent to me from now on.

descriptionGFX Duel Challenges  EmptyRe: GFX Duel Challenges

more_horiz
k. den

I'm looking for an opponent. Imma go against anyone who challenges.

more_horiz
Sounds stupid. I don't see the issue with how it's done now. The GFXers pretty much run it themselves. All you have to do is make a poll after they send you the work. You make one tread for people to set up and find opponents and discuss for GFX Battles and it'll just lead to "on-topic spam".

Last edited by STX on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
STX wrote:
Sounds stupid. I don't see the issue with how it's done now. It the GFXers pretty much runs themselves. All you have to do is make a poll after they send you the work. You make one tread for people to set up and find opponents and discuss for GFX Battles and it'll just lead to "on-topic spam".

This.

Also why you? Why not Crimson? He actual does GFX it's a bit odd coming from someone that doesnt know lick about it. It's like running a YGO forum when you only play Fifa

more_horiz
STX wrote:
Sounds stupid. I don't see the issue with how it's done now. The GFXers pretty much run it themselves. All you have to do is make a poll after they send you the work. You make one tread for people to set up and find opponents and discuss for GFX Battles and it'll just lead to "on-topic spam".

I am willing to co-operate on this. Though, personally I don't also see a problem the way it is.
Kandy.JPEG wrote:
STX wrote:
Sounds stupid. I don't see the issue with how it's done now. It the GFXers pretty much runs themselves. All you have to do is make a poll after they send you the work. You make one tread for people to set up and find opponents and discuss for GFX Battles and it'll just lead to "on-topic spam".

This.

Also why you? Why not Crimson? He actual does GFX it's a bit odd coming from someone that doesnt know lick about it. It's like running a YGO forum when you only play Fifa

Because Anzo told me to. Btw doesn't Anzo run Ygo forum without playing the game?

more_horiz
I think the idea was to get somebody that would avoid a conflict of interest situation.
Lux doesn't do graphics, he could never be in a situation where he would have the upper hand in any competition. 

For example: If I ran the GFX duel, I would get to see people's work before I had to even start mine. 
That would take the fun out of doing GFX in my opinion. 

So there. I personally don't think it's an issue.

more_horiz
Or you know , if the host decides to gfx himself he can just (solely for that, have someone else as the one who gets the works) Either way i personally don't see a problem with how the current battles are being arranged, i mean they get the same treatment as a normal battle arena. I'ts not like we are gonna make a another battle arena topic and splash everything there.....right?

more_horiz
STX wrote:

^ basically this the reason why i made the rule for members to make their own topic to find opp was to increase DA stats in this
https://www.forumotion.com/directory/art-culture-and-leisures/yugioh

making 1 topic to find challengers take away from the stats

more_horiz
I don't see why you guys just like arguing over every think and thin. You are well aware this was my decision, no? I told Lux to run the forum, receive entries and make up polls. It was inappropriate for a member, Kandy, who is not a staffer, to do a staffer job.

All of your statements are actually invalid, that is, they're all false to begin with. No, it's not stupid to have a Staffer run a forum; members shouldn't run a forum on their own; this is a competitions forum; a staffer should be running this forum - end of story.

In the opening statement of Lux, he said "...where artists can arrange their duels..." i.e, it's not obligatory. You can arrange your duels somewhere else and make a topic later on, or you can just do it here.

Now stop spamming this topic.

more_horiz
I wasnt against Lux doing it. But it seemed like he was proposing there would be one topic for everyone to arrange heir GFX Battles. Which seemed pointless, and seems even more pointless now that you said we don't even have to use it. And when I said the GFXers pretty much run it themselves, I mean it the same way duelist run their battle arena duels themselves. The duelist talk about it, set it up, duel, then post it. Then a staffer closes the topic and gives the points to the winner.

How was this spamming the topic? Was this the topic Lux wanted to use to "discuss details" or was it just him announcing that he was going to make a topic? because he said "I'm opening a thread" not "I'm opening this thread".....

more_horiz
I still wanna battle...

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
I still wanna battle...

lets do it then.

more_horiz
Well forgive his lack of knowledge in English articles.

He was merely suggesting that from this point forward he'll be in charge of this forum, in a way or another.

more_horiz
No, this is that thread. Discuss details and stuff here. I don't want to have thousands of topics about GFX Duels when we can reduce that number.

You can still arrange duels other way just make sure to post rules here to make everyone's life easier.

more_horiz
So...

@STX and I set the rules for our duel, we need 2 renders for our tag... Anyone?

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
So...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/5/59/JosukeFull.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140224013132
https://66.media.tumblr.com/b60af683d9a51e3ab7f7b3804e015425/tumblr_nk59zlsuFW1rs4kcgo1_500.png

these 2

more_horiz
i already sent him two before you posted these.

more_horiz
aww shiet, kinda wanted to see what you would do with those, welp ok then

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
So...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/5/59/JosukeFull.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140224013132
https://66.media.tumblr.com/b60af683d9a51e3ab7f7b3804e015425/tumblr_nk59zlsuFW1rs4kcgo1_500.png

these 2

We meant to put both on the SAME tag, Crim... 
They have to be quite similar

more_horiz
Ooooh my bad den

more_horiz
Just don't forget to send me your entries once you do your artwork. I'll then create a poll. 

By the way, I'll keep track of GFX battles here in the OP.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply