Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionI tried making a new siggy EmptyI tried making a new siggy

more_horiz
Turns out I think I like it a lot. Sorta. Anything I can do to make my work better in the future?

I tried making a new siggy OlxLgyv

descriptionI tried making a new siggy EmptyRe: I tried making a new siggy

more_horiz
Very interesting work :D I tried making a new siggy 4166208733 It's nice that there's a GFX artist around.

Anzo is not even close to GFXer since he can't make meme.

more_horiz
Pfft I'm not good tho.

more_horiz
I like this

more_horiz
Best GFXs are Bote's GFXs Razz 

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:

Ass licker

more_horiz
The brush-type light source isn't really used in today's GFX, a proper way to set light source nowadays is to simply use the render's natural light in addition to textures, C4Ds and Adjustment settings. The light doesn't look focused around the render, just a random drop of light on top.

The render natural light source is coming from the right side yet the light source is set up to the top-left of your render. Also, your render has many colorful colors so using shapes might have been a better choice than using C4Ds, they just doesn't match. As for the background, the shadows on the right and left side look unfinished, like they need to be darker so that your focal point is narrowed down to the middle of your tag instead of extending to the edges.

Also, too much text. 

Hope this helps, KIU.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

Ass licker

I'm just being nice Razz 

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
The brush-type light source isn't really used in today's GFX, a proper way to set light source nowadays is to simply use the render's natural light in addition to textures, C4Ds and Adjustment settings. The light doesn't look focused around the render, just a random drop of light on top.

The render natural light source is coming from the right side yet the light source is set up to the top-left of your render. Also, your render has many colorful colors so using shapes might have been a better choice than using C4Ds, they just doesn't match. As for the background, the shadows on the right and left side look unfinished, like they need to be darker so that your focal point is narrowed down to the middle of your tag instead of extending to the edges.

Also, too much text.

Hope this helps, KIU.
Ah so lighting is what I need to be working on. And I didn't actually know that brush lights are obsolete nowadays. So how would I actually go about using the render's natural light? Also I probably would have used shapes it's just lack of resources and me being a scrub. And for the text I was mostly thinking "I figured out something I can do with text, I wanna apply it and see what happens." I don't usually like using text too often unless there's something I want to try with it.

Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:

Ass licker

I'm just being nice Razz 
A. I'm not good. B. Luv ya <3

more_horiz
A. You are good in my eyes.
B. Luv ya to <3

more_horiz
@Dazo Just go to deviant art and download all the resources you could, at one point i had over 250GB worth of resources. As for how to catch the render's natural light, it's simple: all renders have shadows all over their faces, just imagine where is the light source coming from which causing such reflections.

more_horiz
I like it just try to incorporate the BG more I.E. putting some of the C4D infront of the render to get it a depth feel to it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum