Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
faervel
Kandy.JPEG
Omega Ophion
Lux
CrimsonOverlord
Linda-Senpai
10 posters

pollWhat should be done with Day 1?

Prevent lynching on Day 1
25%
Shorten Day 1
50%
Both
25%
Keep it as it is
0%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionDA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1? EmptyDA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1?

more_horiz
So last game, being able to lynch on Day 1 seemed to cause a lot of problems. Being honest, where I used to play, lynching on Day 1 wasnt even allowed in the first place. Do you think it should be allowed here? Do you think day 1 should be shorter? Do you think both? Or do you think none at all? Whichever choice gets the most votes by the time the hiatus is up will be implemented.

descriptionDA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1? EmptyRe: DA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1?

more_horiz
Lynching on day 1 is completely random imo so yeh i voted

more_horiz
I have voten both 3 day duration for Day 1 seems little bit too long in my opinion, and lynching feels random at Day 1. I have nothing against some general discussion at Day 1, but I hate when players random lynch. It leads us nowhere. 

more_horiz
I think that day one should be a short day that everyone can see who is playing and what roles are in the game. There shouldn't be any claiming roles or lynching.

more_horiz
I couldn't care less if there's lynching day one if there's a good reason for it.

And day one feels way too long

more_horiz
This opinion's kinda weird but imo day1 lynches shouldn't happen but they should be allowed.
Day 1 conversations should be allowed and if a player's like waaaaay too scummy there shouldn't be a reason for them to not get lynched one;Also lynching is a great way to soft-claim and more importantly to bait people;If the evil roles know they can't get lynched they'll be way more laid-back and way less-stressed and can even turn the suspicious back on the person that's FoS-ing them back on themselves just cause they are playing agresive when they can't even lynch...

On another topic though as DMK said on another day(even though I guess deep down he just wanted the day to end so he could kill Crims) : Day 1 should be a rather short day,the day sometimes ends up being way too boring for the lack of information/plans(for mafia) and the vote just being a random one since it kinda feels bad to achieve "nothing" after a long day so it honestly feels better to go for an RNG vote instead of voting no one(though it's never truly "nothing" gained from a post in mafia...even an empty one)

So voting shorter day 1 but keep the vote.

more_horiz
Shorter day 1, keep the RNG lynch. The way it was it was boring as heck.

more_horiz
I'd explain my choice, but it's literally impossible to reason with you guys so I'm just going to vote.

more_horiz
I'd like to hear the explanation. .-. No need to try to reason or fight, lol. Just say what you mean then leave.

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
I'd explain my choice, but it's literally impossible to reason with you guys so I'm just going to vote.

Why are you then posting this? You could just vote and leave DA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1? 3974120512 

more_horiz
I agree with everyone.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
hazmah wrote:

Why are you then posting this? You could just vote and leave DA Mafia: Lynching on Day 1? 3974120512 

OOOOOOOO

MA BOI LUX GETTING FEISTY!

And don't bs me by saying you aren't, you clearly have a hint of animosity by saying that.

Anyway, it's to try to make a point. You never done that before???

more_horiz
Just gonna tell everyone to chill their tits before this becomes a thing.

more_horiz
Hi.

Anyway lynching day 1 is great and healthy since your lynches are going to be very important to kill anti-town, especially to read through the players who went ON a lynch, and why to analyze wagons to help advance the game and figure out who scum is.

To address the "Day 1 lynch being random"...I don't understand that.

There's a difference between a reason for a lynch being random than for reasons such as scummy behavior and how to identify it.

Now good old Jolly in the last game wanted to vote Crim for the "lols and a good Crim lynch would be amazing!" That in itself and the whole "lols" mentality shouldn't be in the game to begin with and be scrutinized with policy for not taking the game seriously. It's a fun game that you should not fool around with that late into a day phase. Joking is all fine near the beginning but you need to focus in on your team wincon eventually.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4025162

This is what I've wanted to link for a while.

On the subject of shortening day 1, I voted for that initially, but I suppose I should have put nothing since you didn't rlly specify how long you'd shorten it. I should have known better since Day 1 is the most important day to kick the game off. I've been used to 24 hr day and night phases, so the longer phases took me by surprise.

more_horiz
The actual length of the day will depend on how many players are in.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:

How does amount of players correlate to length of day? I mean, I can understand if it's like 12 compared to 25, but I'm (no offense) sure the maximum you can get is 15. That's not going to vary the game too much.

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

How does amount of players correlate to length of day? I mean, I can understand if it's like 12 compared to 25, but I'm (no offense) sure the maximum you can get is 15. That's not going to vary the game too much.

Because I want everyone to actually get a chance to post.

The hiatus is up, so I'll be locking this. Shorten Day 1 wins the poll.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply