Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

CGC #3 - Boss it up!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
DanelerH
Jv
ScottyAdams
username290
SilentKatana
9 posters

descriptionCGC #3 - Boss it up! EmptyCGC #3 - Boss it up!

more_horiz
Ever looked at this game and think that you could design cards much more balanced, much more interesting? Get no recognition for your hard work creating cards? Want to prove to everybody that you have what it takes?

Then look no further!

CGC #3 - Boss it up! Wx6tJaK

Industrial Illusions welcomes all students to the Duel Academy Card Genesis Competition! 

------------------------------------------------

In this tournament of the wits, you will be asked to create a set of cards for a specific set of criteria that will change each week, 

Rules:

1) Only one submission per user, so make it count!

2) Written cards are accepted alongside card images.

3) If submitting card images, make sure to also post the written effect, as to make it easier for judges to read.

4) Please try to use decent grammar when writing cards, this won't be strictly enforced, as we are aware that English is not everybody's native language, but please don't be simply lazy with it. Problem solving card text is also very helpful in understanding a card, see the following link: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text

5) You may edit your cards up until the deadline of the competition

6) Please make sure to read the judging criteria for this event, it is rather important.

7) No copy-pasting the effects of existing cards, make it interesting people...

Theme:

The theme for this competition will be to create a boss monster for any archetype in the game! No limits on what archetype you can choose, so go have some fun with it!

Deadline:

Friday the 8th of July

Prizes:

Winner: 1000 DP + A place for your submission in the genesis competition archive
 Runner-Up: 500 DP

Judging Criteria:

Naturally, it is of the utmost importance that we have a set of criteria to determine the best of the pack!

1) Balance: This determines how well you have designed the card, whether it isn't over/under-powered in general and whether or not the card is playable. Basically, don't go overboard!

2) Contest Criteria: This determines how well you have adhered to the contest criteria. For example, if you have been asked to support the FIRE attribute, you need to support them in a meaningful way, not just create a FIRE monster with a random effect tacked on.

3) Originality: Whilst you don't need to make a card something nobody has ever been seen before, it shows some nice creative thinking when you can create a set of cards that aren't simply bland generic effects pasted onto cards (The generic searcher, the graveyard reviver, the one that mills etc... Basically, what Tellars where as an archetype)

Example:

CGC #3 - Boss it up! WtQfMHa

Card Generators:
tcgeditor.com
(Probaby the best one, and the only one with pendulums)
yugico.com
yugiohcardmaker.net

descriptionCGC #3 - Boss it up! EmptyRe: CGC #3 - Boss it up!

more_horiz
what about custom archtypes (i mean can i just nerf Soul of the Emperor)
or just a generic boss monster ( like Quasar FGD or Number 77)

more_horiz
No, it has to be a boss monster for an existing archetype in the game. It's still a fairly broad criteria xD

more_horiz
so no generic boss monster for me ..... darn
that being said most archetypes already have a boss monster

more_horiz
CGC #3 - Boss it up! BoAMdY3

Code:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 "Dante" monsters from your side of the field, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target up to 3 "Burning Abyss" monsters in your Graveyard; add those targets to your hand. This card is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects. This card gains 600 ATK and DEF for each "Burning Abyss" card in your Graveyard.

more_horiz
CGC #3 - Boss it up! Assaul10
You can special summon this card (from your hand) by banishing up to three (min 1) 'B.E.S.' monsters from your hand, field, or grave, and if you do, you may place counters on this card for every monster banished by this effect. If this card battles, you must remove one counter from it, if you cannot then destroy this card. You can remove a counter from a 'B.E.S' monster on the field the activate one of the following effects.

* special summon one 'B.E.S' (but not 'B.E.S.S.') monster from your deck and place two counters on it, but it is destroyed at the end phase.

* shuffle one 'B.E.S' monster from your grave into the deck, then target one card on the field, destroy that target.

* banish one 'Boss Rush' from your field or grave, then target one 'B.E.S' monster on the field(exept this card), until the end of the battle phase, its attack points are doubled and if it attacks your opponent can not activate any cards or effects until the end of the damage step. you can only use one effect of 'B.E.S.S. Assault core' per turn and only once per turn.

more_horiz
Link to card

Spoiler :

more_horiz
Number 0: Utopic Network

(OCG Name: Numbers 0: Overlay Soul, Hope Network)

CGC #3 - Boss it up! XtKpo51

3 Xyz Monsters with the same name and Rank that have no Xyz Materials
(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching 2 Xyz Materials from a "Utopia" OR "Utopic" Xyz monster with "Number C", "Number F" or "Number S" in its name, then using that Xyz Monster as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) This card's Xyz Summon cannot be negated. When Xyz Summoned, your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated. Cannot be targeted for attacks or by your opponent's card effects, while you control another Xyz Monster. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Number" or "Cxyz"  monster from your Extra Deck, except a "Utopia" or "Utopic" monster, then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and attach it to the Summoned monster as an Xyz Material, also for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters.

Because Barian Hope, Utopia Kaiser Needed a Female Boss!

more_horiz
Dreadruler Archfiend :

more_horiz
@SilentKatana, are there any estimations for when the results will be up?

more_horiz
Nice cards, I would so love to use that card in a duel.

more_horiz
@SilentKatana wanna declare me the winner now? ^.^

more_horiz
I thought Katana revived but guess I thought wrong.

more_horiz
My apologies for the wait, this hopefully won't become a trend...

I'll be doing a different style of judging this time, let me know which you prefer, the previous announcements, or the more detailed analysis here.

NightBot's entry:
Well, I'm going to get to my problems with this right out of the bat, it is rather incredibly lazy flavour wise, nabbing a random concept from Qli and adding it to a deck so heavily focused on lore is annoying to say the least. Not to mention, it is rather underpowered given the summoning requirements force you to abandon all 3 of your Dantes, doesn't really feel like much of a boss to me at all.

username290's entry:
I rather like this one, creates powerful field presence whilst adding something to the Boss Rush strategy of the deck. My only worries are the fact that it's a ridiculously easy to summon OTK beatstick, which may be a bit of a balance issue. Then again, the Archetype it's tied to alleviates that a lot, so I'm definitely willing to give you a good bit of leeway on that.]

ScottyAdams' entry:
I really wanted to like this card, I really did, as I love Red-Eyes. However... there are a couple of issues with it. First off, it's on summon effect special summons a card, which is a tad clunky given that you will most want to summon this with Red-Eyes Fusion. I do like that the effect synergizes with Dragon's mirror though, so plus points there. Also, searching is nice, but I feel a tad redundant in the deck due to the fact that you already have Black Metal Dragon and Red-Eyes Insight to search the Red-Eyes S/T, whilst there is still nothing to search some more vital cards, like Cards of the Red Stone. That being said, it does allow for a very nice opening play of summon this with Red-Eyes Fusion, search Return of Red-Eyes and setup for the next turn. Also, I love the fact that it has 2 Red-Eyes as the requirement, although again, slightly clunky with Red-Eyes Fusion due to not always having 2 Red-Eyes B. Dragon in the deck. Also, the Armades-like effect is a tad saddening for me due to pretty much being a direct powercreep of Archfiend Black Skill Dragon. The floating effect is also a bit overdone, triple non-targeting destruction on an Absolute Zero trigger on a 3800 Body whilst having Lightning Protection is powerful in the extreme, even for an archetype like Red-Eyes. Overall, bit of a mixed bag

Jv's entry:
I mean, i like the addition to the Utopia Kaiser/Barian Hope style of bosses, but giving Utopia toolboxing capabilities across every single number released seems a tad silly to me, even if it does take up extra deck space, and the generic summoning requirement itself is complete overkill, something like 3 Xyz monsters would have been totally fine. That being said, there are several parts of the design I rather like, as it's a Number Library with a more improved effect, and the flavour behind it is rather nice, as the embodiment of the overlay network etc....

DanelerH's entry:
My main gripe here is the lack of Rank 6 options Archfiends have outside of Commander, Summoned Skull and Archfiend Giant not exactly being.. optimal options to say the least. I really like that it brings life to Terrorking support, though i would have liked to have it try to tie Chess Archfiends to the new Archfiends, though that is probably a lot to ask. It's also a very nice way to summon Archfiend Emperor and Empress, which is always useful. That being said... the card... doesn't feel as much like a boss so to speak, more of a Boss facilitator, as it's best use is in summoning other bosses ala Empress or Emperor. Either way, the design is still very good.

With all this said and done, the award for 1st place goes to @username290, whilst 2nd place goes to @DanelerH

Awards will be given out shortly, I hope to see you all in the next CGC!

more_horiz
I feel.. Hurt...

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
I feel.. Hurt...

Get used to it  CGC #3 - Boss it up! 3630859405

more_horiz
That is something i would love to participate in, make another one soon Katana...also DenelerH i would so love your card in my archfiends...

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
I feel.. Hurt...

That'll be what I was counting on....

more_horiz
shet katana revived n stabbed botto gg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply