Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYCS Prague Breakdown EmptyYCS Prague Breakdown

more_horiz
Deck Breakdown
Draco Performapal - 251
Monarch - 206
Kozmo - 177
Atlantean - 79
Burning Abyss - 32
Pendulum Magicians - 24
Phantom Knights - 14
Other - 202

Top 32
12 Draco Performapal
7 Kozmo
6 Monarch
4 Burning Abyss
1 Atlantean
1 Phantom Knights
1 Library Explosion FTK

descriptionYCS Prague Breakdown EmptyRe: YCS Prague Breakdown

more_horiz
That Library FTK deck though.

more_horiz
My thoughts:

1. Out of all the 985 entrants, 3.25% of them played Burning Abyss. Now out of the top 32, 12.5% of them were playing Burning Abyss. That's actually pretty insane, and speaks out to how good the deck is in this current meta.

2. It seems that we have a relatively balanced meta right now, and if we go off of these results, there are 4 top decks: DraPe, Kozmo, Monarchs, and Burning Abyss.

3. At first glance, DraPe seems like the best deck. Taking a look at how many of the entrants played the deck compared to the amount that topped, the numbers are exactly what you'd expect from any tier 1 deck with that much representation. Perhaps DraPe is not quite as strong as the community seems to currently think?

4. Magical Explosion topped and I've lost hope in humanity.

more_horiz
Indeed, every 8th BA deck topped.

more_horiz
How the hell was there more PeDS than Monarch and Kozmo

more_horiz
Becouse skilled players go for dracopals over Monarch/kozmo, since they can profit more the deck than the other 2

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
My thoughts:

1. Out of all the 985 entrants, 3.25% of them played Burning Abyss. Now out of the top 32, 12.5% of them were playing Burning Abyss. That's actually pretty insane, and speaks out to how good the deck is in this current meta.

2. It seems that we have a relatively balanced meta right now, and if we go off of these results, there are 4 top decks: DraPe, Kozmo, Monarchs, and Burning Abyss.

3. At first glance, DraPe seems like the best deck. Taking a look at how many of the entrants played the deck compared to the amount that topped, the numbers are exactly what you'd expect from any tier 1 deck with that much representation. Perhaps DraPe is not quite as strong as the community seems to currently think?

I think Bias has you blind. There was more Atlantean than BA, yet you say BA is 4th top deck instead of Atlantean. How does that make any sense at all.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Trickster wrote:
My thoughts:

I think Bias has you blind. There was more Atlantean than BA, yet you say BA is 4th top deck instead of Atlantean. How does that make any sense at all.

Think he means in the top 32, since atlanteas brough 79 people and only 1 was left, and BA brough 32 and 4 were left

more_horiz
farkion wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Trickster wrote:
My thoughts:

Think he means in the top 32, since atlanteas brough 79 people and only 1 was left, and BA brough 32 and 4 were left

Ohhh ok, got it, makes much more sense, my bad

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Trickster wrote:
My thoughts:

I gave percentage of entrants that played BA vs percentage of top 32 participants that played BA. It's not about how many of a deck were played. It's how many were played vs how many that topped. Those percentages were incredible for BA this tournament.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Trickster wrote:
My thoughts:

I gave percentage of entrants that played BA vs percentage of top 32 participants that played BA. It's not about how many of a deck were played. It's how many were played vs how many that topped. Those percentages were incredible for BA this tournament.

Probabbly becouse only people that stick to BA are skilled players that wanted to keep playing the deck, the rest of the bad players were for helmet decks like atlanteans,Monarchs and kozmo, and you can see what happened

more_horiz
Did you just call Atlantians "helmet"? Like, seriously?

more_horiz
What is helmet I keep seeing that term...

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:

lets burn farks fluffals e.e

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:

helmet is basically a deck that revolves around one card and strives to protect that one card, and is also somewhat easy to pick up in learning

more_horiz
JC the shadow hunter wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:

lets burn farks fluffals e.e

e_e I'm down for that

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:

helmet is basically a deck that revolves around one card and strives to protect that one card, and is also somewhat easy to pick up in learning

E-Heroes.

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:

Yeah doubt on that one, but i meant is this, there are good mermails players who will rape you,

and there are bad mermail players that only know 2 combos and spam that all day, "GO FOR DIVA DIVA DIVA , INTO MOULINGLACIA", veiler the moulinglacia, *SCOOPS

that's probabbly why atlanteans did so bad in the regional most of them didnt knew the deck good probabbly

more_horiz
farkion wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:

Yeah doubt on that one, but i meant is this, there are good mermails players who will rape you,

and there are bad mermail players that only know 2 combos and spam that all day, "GO FOR DIVA DIVA DIVA , INTO MOULINGLACIA", veiler the moulinglacia, *SCOOPS

that's probabbly why atlanteans did so bad in the regional most of them didnt knew the deck good probabbly

Of course, bad players will do bad, no matter what the deck. Doesn't mean said deck is helmet tho *In the case of Mermails, they're far from helmet tbh*. Another contributing factor is the fact the deck doesn't have a good Kozmo match up ... in fact, it's the deck's worst match up in the meta. As I always say; Merms are the skilled deck of this format.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

E-Heroes.

Exactly

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

E-Heroes.

"Helmet" at times can also be exchanged with "linear" *see, Tellars*. But yea, E-Heroes with Dark Law can be considered Helmet.

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

E-Heroes.

"Helmet" at times can also be exchanged with "linear" *see, Tellars*. But yea, E-Heroes with Dark Law can be considered Helmet.

I mis-used the term, the deck isnt helmet, the players played it like a helmet deck becouse they didnt realize how many actual options the deck had

more_horiz
farkion wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

E-Heroes.

I mis-used the term, the deck isnt helmet, the players played it like a helmet deck becouse they didnt realize how many actual options the deck had

True, true.

more_horiz
farkion wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

E-Heroes.

I would argue that the same could be said heroes even without Airman, actually scratch that.. I'd say that the description farky gave fits them far better than Atlantean Mermail imo... and I would know; I've played both decks a bunch.

Anyways onto the top cut itself, I'm just surprised at how many BA there were in top cut in comparison to how many were in the field. I'm not entirely sure if that by merit of the deck or smart players with teching skills though.

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
farkion wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

E-Heroes.

I would argue that the same could be said heroes even without Airman, actually scratch that.. I'd say that the description farky gave fits them far better than Atlantean Mermail imo... and I would know; I've played both decks a bunch.

Anyways onto the top cut itself, I'm just surprised at how many BA there were in top cut in comparison to how many were in the field. I'm not entirely sure if that by merit of the deck or smart players with teching skills though.

I know how you feel, its just that the noobest of players canplay kozmo and actually win, but only a skilled kozmo player can take down their opponents swiftly and with caution (unlike them people with reasoning in their decks)

Im more surprised on how low PKs are...... they're simply amazing....... Its crazy how fast they work and how quickly they can search to deal with meta (and f0) so simply put, im simply surprised not mpre then 1 PK deck was in the top 32

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply