Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionThe Wikipedia Game EmptyThe Wikipedia Game

more_horiz
Welcome to the wikipedia game!

Here, you will be given 2 wikipedia articles, a start goal and end goal. Each poster will take it in turns to pick a link from the page the game is currently on, in order to navigate towards the end goal. Whomever reaches a page that links directly to that end goal is the winner!

For example: The starting article is Football - and the end goal is Canada 

1st Poster: Lacrosse

2nd Poster: Aboriginal peoples in Canada

3rd Poster: Canada

The winner of each round will receive 500 DP. 

For this round, you must navigate your way from: Siddharta (Band) to: Age of the Five

Last edited by SilentKatana on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:40 am; edited 4 times in total

descriptionThe Wikipedia Game EmptyRe: The Wikipedia Game

more_horiz
Mizzundaztood was the second album, but the first single to be released was Get The Party Started. But there was a slight oddity with this single: It wasn't released in the UK until 2002, in comparison to the US which received this song in 2001. 

In East London exists a park called Elm Park, which just so happens to be the very same name of a relatively famous London Race Horse (Elm Park, the horse).
This horse came in third in a race called Dante Stakes, which is a big qualifying race this year for the almighty Epsom Derby.

Next.

more_horiz
Much as I admire the way in which you went about it, the intent was for each poster to only post one link so that the game actually took time and involved more people >.>

more_horiz
As that wasn't made clear, I'll start a new round, 

Start: Siddharta (band)

End: Age of the Five

Last edited by SilentKatana on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
Much as I admire the way in which you went about it, the intent was for each poster to only post one link so that the game actually took time and involved more people >.>

If that's the case, then how am I supposed to win? <.<

more_horiz
Heh, you play patiently of course Razz

more_horiz
Ugh, fine. I'll cheat again, and do this in 1 link.

Siddharta, the band is named after Siddharta, the novel. Which is about a man going on a long journey in hopes of obtaining spiritual illumination.
Age of the Five is a trilogy of novels about a woman (a priestess) going on a journey after learning that the spiritual entities that she grew up believing in were different than they actually are.

Both are technically fantasy, and both contain the same basic roles of religion.

more_horiz
http://thewikigame.com

Le actual game is here
*sips energy drink*

And how exactly are you going to reward this? If someone does complete it..let's say in 7 clicks (pages) and someone completes it later with fewer links they have to go through? How would it be fair...

I suggest making it a weekly game or however long u want to make it...and at the end whoever got it with the fewest link clicks wins.

more_horiz
Shameless wrote:
Ugh, fine. I'll cheat again, and do this in 1 link.

Siddharta, the band is named after Siddharta, the novel. Which is about a man going on a long journey in hopes of obtaining spiritual illumination.
Age of the Five is a trilogy of novels about a woman (a priestess) going on a journey after learning that the spiritual entities that she grew up believing in were different than they actually are.

Both are technically fantasy, and both contain the same basic roles of religion.

DeathStalker wrote:
http://thewikigame.com

Le actual game is here
*sips energy drink*

And how exactly are you going to reward this? If someone does complete it..let's say in 7 clicks (pages) and someone completes it later with fewer links they have to go through? How would it be fair...

I suggest making it a weekly game or however long u want to make it...and at the end whoever got it with the fewest link clicks wins.

I really thought I had laid the rules for this particular game out more clearly >,>

Shameless, you have to actually follow links on the article, you can't just make up connections.

And Stalker, the basic concept I had was this; each player takes it in turns to post a link from the page, as seen in the example in the op. That way it works more as a community game of sorts, the winner of the DP being the one to end on a page that links to the endgoal.

more_horiz
by that you mean it have to have the link on the page before you right? ._.

more_horiz
Yeah, if your page links to the endgoal, you win.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply