Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCall Me Shameless - A Story EmptyCall Me Shameless - A Story

more_horiz
Call Me Shameless
Pt. 1

This isn't a fanfiction, I just simply couldn't find any other place to put something classified as 'writing.'
This was also done mostly because of a request by @Anzo. otherwise I probably wouldn't have shared any works due to being rather self-conscious and my own worst critic when it comes to my work.
Keep in mind that this isn't traditional format for writing--this is what a comic script looks like (to those who don't know).
I'm also going to use this post to answer the first few probable questions and inquiries...

Why does does story share your username?
'Shameless' has been my nickname for roughly eleven years. The year before I obtained this nickname I witnessed something incredibly devastating during summer vacation, which destroyed me as a child, and I was put into intensive care for the rest of the year. After being released, and thus allowed to return to school, I was immediately bullied for these instances by a few boys who were apart of the current wrestling team.
So I beat the shit of out them, and didn't stop until teachers pulled me off their bodies.
Afterwards I was taken to the principal's office to have a conversation (to which I don't fully remember anymore), but she stated that she was disappointed in seeing a child be so shameless with his actions. However, one of the pre-mentioned bullies was sitting outside the principal's office--waiting to tell his side of the story--and overheard the conversation.
The next day, I was welcomed into the school being called 'Shameless' by most of my peers, and it stuck. Overtime it went from being a degrading name to insult me with, to something the other students started to fear. And now it's apart of who I am.
However, of the few friends I had (as well as many heavily-intrigued psychologists), I was often requested to make a story to recount the situations I've lived through, as well as a self-diagnosis of my own psychosis and a way to explain the way that I think. And the above story is a part of that

How come descriptions are missing, especially for the characters?
When you write comic scripts, you omit most of these things. Characters have their own sheets and stacks of papers, separate from the comic itself. Why? To save space on each page. I'd say it's a way to help save trees, but it's mandatory that each page in word is equal to each page you'll see in a comic. Also, the words used in these scripts are mostly to just talk to whomever artist is drawing out the panels, rather than someone like the reader of a book or short story. It's designed to be short, coherent and blunt, so that communication between painter and writer (if there is one) isn't lost in translation.
The only times I add in character descriptions is when they're important for the imagery, or for characters that only appear once in the whole story.

The writing is all over the place.. Is this finished?
No, on multiple levels, but I'll explain why it looks the way it does now.
First, I'm not done editing. This is particularly difficult for me, because I either won't see the mistakes I've made, or I'll create mistakes for myself by nitpicking at aspects that are fine. So editing always takes longer than actually writing whatever I'm writing. I do have some help with though, because he's a good friend (albeit a tad lazy sometimes).
Second, you're probably seeing the diction and style of writing changing rapidly. This happens for a few reasons: the first is that I'm listening to different kinds of music, the second is when I get 'serious' about certain scenes in the story and want certain kinds of imagery. The former changes my vocabulary, because music is powerful, and the latter often turns things into repetition with a rigid formula. There isn't much I can do to change this, but I'm trying.
Lastly, I understand there there isn't much transition or warning between each set/scene--as there are multiple stories weaving into each other in this creation. That's something I can't entirely fix, because scripts don't flow the same way that novels do.

How far are you into the story?
I've blocked out the entire story--and I do mean the entire story, as you'll soon notice there is more than one tale in this script. And all the characters that are important to the plot all have extensive character sheets, so the creation and guidelines for it all is finished.
In terms of page numbers, I'm only at pg135 at the moment--but you can only read up to pg129 at the moment. Why? Because GoogleDocs, on my computer, started to lag out really hard when I reached pg120, and I went until I finished the chapter. By the time that I was done I was waiting a full minute for a sentence to communicate from keyboard to website, and my patience isn't infinite. So consider what you see up there Pt.1
As for the story itself, I'm probably only about 10% through. Yeah.. It's going to be long...
As for the whole thing, from writing to drawing to completion, I have no idea. Since I do not draw I have to find and hire someone to do so, but I do not have enough money to do this currently. It would be nice to just self-publish, or to create a website for it, but I'm also comfortable with showing it to comicbook companies and having their teams hack away at it--despite knowing the last option will result in the story turning out differently from what I imagined.

Others:
--No, I'm am not the titular character in the story, but I did represent myself as a character within the story--but I don't feel like telling who.
--Every character that has a name, except one, is designed off someone that I deemed important in my life. Or, at the very least, had enough impact in my life for me to remember who the hell they were.
--Those observant enough (and if you're not, I'm enhancing the story for you) will recognize that I'm constantly referencing many other works of art--be it music, other books, movies, cartoons and anime, and historical people (and their quotes). Be this through style, the blocking of scenes, the dialog or just...flat out quoting their scripture. The reason why I do this, is because these other works were the parts of my childhood--and other dark parts of my history--that helped keep me sane. At the very least, they were distractions from whatever I was suffering from in that point in time.
--Comments about the story are fine. If there are other questions, I'll answer as best I can without ruining the plot. If there are complaints, or confusion, make a comment as well. It's probably a mistake I made while writing that I haven't gotten to yet with editing.

Have fun. Tear it up.

Completed 
 Total Needed 
 Full Character Sheets: 
Pages Written:
1801300+
Editors Hired:
Artists Hired:
Fucks Given:

Last edited by Shameless on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 am; edited 4 times in total

descriptionCall Me Shameless - A Story EmptyRe: Call Me Shameless - A Story

more_horiz
tl;dc

more_horiz
If you expect me to read this post word for word then you got me twisted.

more_horiz
Pansies.

more_horiz
Instead of being a 'Pansies' I actully took the time to read it (if you not going to read it don't bother posting!). It's late so I only read to page 2 but ive found it rather intresting and will read the rest tomorrow.

It's a good job I read the OP first or I wouldn't have a clue what was going on lol Call Me Shameless - A Story 3974120512

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
It's late so I only read to page 2 but ive found it rather intresting and will read the rest tomorrow.

It's a good job I read the OP first or I wouldn't have a clue what was going on lol Call Me Shameless - A Story 3974120512

All is good. Take your time on it. I'm only in my third week of creation with this thing.

more_horiz
Pages 1-129 have been edited to the best of my ability
To those who have read most of this already, I apologize. Minor details have changed.

The OP will be updated accordingly.

If I've missed anything, point it out.
If there are questions, ask them.

Have fun and tear it apart.

more_horiz
Pretty impressive.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply